Bounces Back 2012-10-17

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
Yamara

Bounces Back 2012-10-17

Post by Yamara »

Uh guys, DJ Monica is gonna open up that mic on you, yo.
Last edited by Yamara on Wed Oct 17, 2012 12:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
PunPalsm the fastest way to pay the pun jar

Do Not Taunt Happy Fun Baal.
davids4250

Re: Bounces Back 2012-10-17

Post by davids4250 »

Monica is not amused.
No trees were harmed in sending this message, however, a large number of electrons were seriously inconvenienced
shadowinthelight

Post by shadowinthelight »

"DAAAAY-UM!" is what I think most of the guys and a few of the girls here say to themselves every time one of the character's clothes gets blown off.
Julie, about Wapsi Square wrote:Oh goodness yes. So much paranormal!

Image My deviantART and YouTube.
I'm done thinking for today! It's caused me enough trouble!
Casey

Post by Casey »

Don't you hate it when everyone is so cheerful and sunny when you just came back from the dead, and haven't even found the time to get dressed?
Fairportfan

Post by Fairportfan »

Casey wrote:Don't you hate it when everyone is so cheerful and sunny when you just came back from the dead, and haven't even found the time to get dressed?
Isn't it wonderful to have supportive friends...
Not even duct tape can fix stupid. But it can muffle the noise.
=====================
Peace through superior firepower - ain't nothin' more peaceful than a dead troublemaker.
=====================
mike weber
DJ.

Post by DJ. »

How nonthreatening is it when a naked, big-boobed pixie is giving a death stare?
Rock-slide. Everyone dies!
chaotik74

Post by chaotik74 »

i really hope she DOES show them how dangerous she can be, if only to make it perfectly clear they crossed a line. farting in thier general direction is one thing. ripping your friend's heart out to prove a point is quite another, and potentially a friendship breaker.
Jabberwonky

Post by Jabberwonky »

I think a quick dunk in Calhoun Lake is appropriate...
"The price of perfection is prohibitive." - Anonymous
Opus the Poet

Post by Opus the Poet »

DJ. wrote:How nonthreatening is it when a naked, big-boobed pixie is giving a death stare?
When the pixie in question is Monica and she can poit you into the sun... or Low Earth Orbit... or just high enough that you'll die from "breathing" vacuum before you even hit the stratosphere on the way back...

Very Threatening!
I ride my bike to ride my bike, and sometimes it takes me where I need to go.
Mark N

Post by Mark N »

DJ. wrote:How nonthreatening is it when a naked, big-boobed pixie is giving a death stare?
About as nonthreatening as facing a paranoid, hopped up meth-head with a chain gun. :shock:
This message is brought to you by the "Let the artist know how much you LOVE his work" council.
Jay-Em

Post by Jay-Em »

Heheh.. That last frame perfectly conveys : "Yes, You made your point. Doesn't mean I am suddenly liking it..." :lol:

The look I get very often when owned on something I thought right... Only thing missing is a mumbled:"Rassm'Frassm...."
but, why 42?
---------------
Against the assault of laughter nothing can stand. (S. Clemens)
sonicthunder

Post by sonicthunder »

About the sniper rifle comment.

Bud only tested a standard mortal wound on Monica. The blade's allegedly somewhere in her skull. Assuming the blade still exists, couldn't a fatal head injury still be, well, fatal to Monica? Or did the key only trigger her regeneration powers, not supply them?

I just get the feeling if she were "headshot"-ed by someone (given Monica's friends' tendency to try and kill her), the chance exists the blade may become separated from the rest of Monica and this put a damper on her revival.
Jay-Em

Post by Jay-Em »

sonicthunder wrote:About the sniper rifle comment.

Bud only tested a standard mortal wound on Monica. The blade's allegedly somewhere in her skull. Assuming the blade still exists, couldn't a fatal head injury still be, well, fatal to Monica? Or did the key only trigger her regeneration powers, not supply them?

I just get the feeling if she were "headshot"-ed by someone (given Monica's friends' tendency to try and kill her), the chance exists the blade may become separated from the rest of Monica and this put a damper on her revival.

Íf, and that's a big "if" the blade is the thing enabling Monica's Phoenix-power. I am not at all convinced that is the case. Remember Shelly and Bud were talking about "Phoenix-blood" in M (and apparently some Titan-genes to boot)

I guess we'll get some more exposition of M's powers, and where they stem from, in the coming days.

For now, we'll prolly'see Monica cussing and chastizing Bud and Shelly for being so flippant about all of it. Monica is bóund to be miffed, not so much by Bud and Shelly, but by the sheer fact that being a "magic-infused-pixie-with-a-rack" has negated áll her excuses and explanations of "magic" by sheer science.

Although, álways good to remember A.C.Clarke's observation: "Any technology advanced enough, is indistinguishable from Magic". Which redeems Monica's predisposition towards Magic/Science to a certain degree.
but, why 42?
---------------
Against the assault of laughter nothing can stand. (S. Clemens)
Ohnhai

Post by Ohnhai »

Jabberwonky wrote:I think a quick dunk in Calhoun Lake is appropriate...

Yup.. This...
NOTDilbert

Post by NOTDilbert »

Why is she mostly pissed?

Bad nights sleep, rude awakening, major heartburn and two friends who think this is gangsta fun style....AND NO COFFEE.
Last edited by NOTDilbert on Thu Oct 18, 2012 1:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Imagination is more important than Knowledge" - Albert Einstein
"History doesn't repeat itself, but it DOES rhyme" - Mark Twain
"Always. Expect. Ninjas." - Syndey Scoville
Fairportfan

Post by Fairportfan »

sonicthunder wrote:About the sniper rifle comment.

Actually, it's not in her skull. At least not the way we'd think of it.

Remember, either in the strip itself or by Word of God, we were told that it wouldn't trigger metal detectors.

Actually, i'm pretty sure that it didn't actually pierce Monica's head, that it shifted to another dimension or something.

======================

However, i refer me to my own post that i just made in the thread about yesterday's page:
It's magic.

If we knew how it works, it wouldn't be magic.

Do not try to analyse it.

By definition, you CANNOT.

BECAUSE IT'S FRIGGIN' MAGIC!
Not even duct tape can fix stupid. But it can muffle the noise.
=====================
Peace through superior firepower - ain't nothin' more peaceful than a dead troublemaker.
=====================
mike weber
kingklash

Post by kingklash »

That's the "Stop enjoying yourselves so much, just because you got to teach me for once!" look. Although, Shellsy-wellsy is teasing in a manner consistant with being Comanche. And it's how you tease Family. You should hear how we get our enemies riled up, very Spider-Man in execution.
Ohnhai

Post by Ohnhai »

Fairportfan wrote:
However, i refer me to my own post that i just made in the thread about yesterday's page:
It's magic.

If we knew how it works, it wouldn't be magic.

Do not try to analyse it.

By definition, you CANNOT.

BECAUSE IT'S FRIGGIN' MAGIC!

Actually Magic is quite easy. All you need is a recessive gene that allows the organism with it to be able to manipulate reality by consciously collapsing the wave probabilities down to specific wave functions away from what would be considered the norm...

For instance, you take a annoying pair of humans who have just irked you more than a bit. As they stand there, there is a single wave function that represents their being there. Now there is a wave function you can add to it that would change their location to, say, 20ft above a local lake (for example). Normally a jump of this distance is disallowed due to quantum interference but you can over rule that as you have the 'magic' gene. You calculate the sum-over-histories and leave them to 'poit' their own soggy asses home.
Last edited by Ohnhai on Wed Oct 17, 2012 8:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Aleister Crow

Post by Aleister Crow »

kingklash wrote:That's the "Stop enjoying yourselves so much, just because you got to teach me for once!" look. Although, Shellsy-wellsy is teasing in a manner consistant with being Comanche. And it's how you tease Family. You should hear how we get our enemies riled up, very Spider-Man in execution.

Spider-man is a genius at that sort of thing.
Whoever coined the phrase "more fun than a barrel of monkeys" obviously never spent an afternoon cramming the little buggers into one.
MerchManDan

Post by MerchManDan »

She got THE POWAH!!!
"Give orange me give eat orange me eat orange give me eat orange give me you." - Nim the chimp
Animation courtesy of shadowinthelight (thanks again!)