More Aware 2017-08-18

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
jwhouk

More Aware 2017-08-18

Post by jwhouk »

More Aware

"Oh no, not again!" - Jon Hurt, Spaceballs
"Character is what you are in the dark." - D.L. Moody
"You should never run from the voices in your head. That's how you give them power." - Jin
Drakkenmensch

Re: More Aware 2017-08-18

Post by Drakkenmensch »

Okay, who had "Pickle's super rootbeer turns Reginald human" in the betting pool?
AnotherFairportfan

Post by AnotherFairportfan »

Drakkenmensch wrote:Okay, who had "Pickle's super rootbeer turns Reginald human" in the betting pool?
Look at those eyes - i'm betting on fae.
Proof Positive the world is not flat: If it were, cats would have pushed everything off the edge by now.
Sgt. Howard

Post by Sgt. Howard »

Drakkenmensch wrote:Okay, who had "Pickle's super rootbeer turns Reginald human" in the betting pool?
That would be me...
Rule 17 of the Bombay Golf Course- "You shall play the ball where the monkey drops it,"
I speak fluent Limrick-
the Old Sgt.
jeffepp

Post by jeffepp »

jwhouk wrote:More Aware

"Oh no, not again!" - Jon Hurt, Spaceballs
"Oh no, not again" - bowl of petunias, Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy
TheDOCTOR
Location: Pittsburgh,Pa. via Gallifrey, in Constallation of Kastaborus

Post by TheDOCTOR »

To quote the Late Great Peter Boyle: “HOLY CRAP!”
First Digit the spider gets turned into a Human-type Girl, who looks Perfect for this comic, and now Reginald the butterfly changes into a Hunky Boyfriend for Castella.
*heh* good thing she didn’t name the butterfly Abbott. Cause then they would be…..Never mind. ;)
That reminds me, whatever happened to Digit????
Atomic

Post by Atomic »

TheDOCTOR wrote:*heh* good thing she didn’t name the butterfly Abbott. Cause then they would be…..Never mind. ;)
Niagra Falls
Don't let other peoples limitations become your constraints!

My Deviant Art scribbles
The Atomic Guide to Basic GIMP Stuff
TheDOCTOR
Location: Pittsburgh,Pa. via Gallifrey, in Constallation of Kastaborus

Post by TheDOCTOR »

Atomic wrote:
TheDOCTOR wrote:*heh* good thing she didn’t name the butterfly Abbott. Cause then they would be…..Never mind. ;)
Niagra Falls
SLOOOOOWLY I TURNED.....STEP BY STEP, INCH BY INCH. - 3 STOOGES.
And on Monday, there is a frantic phone call to Aunt MONICA who poits right over.
shadowinthelight

Post by shadowinthelight »

Did Reginald plan this the whole time?

Julie, about Wapsi Square wrote:Oh goodness yes. So much paranormal!

Image My deviantART and YouTube.
I'm done thinking for today! It's caused me enough trouble!
scantrontb

Post by scantrontb »

Nope... when she FINALLY notices him, she'll scream in surprise, and that will get Katherine and Brynn's attention (since they are in the same building remember) and when they come running in, they'll find him on the ground getting beaten up by Pickle for not telling her who he was WAAAYYY earlier, apparently he was planning on NOT revealing himself for some time yet, and it seems that he only shifted forms in surprise, kinda how Timothy locks up when confronted with Atsali... Reginald can't seem to hold his shape-shift when he thinks he's gonna see Pickle naked...
Don't planto mihi adveho illac
Wildcat

Post by Wildcat »

Heh… wrong concoction? :D

Wildcat
lake_wrangler

Post by lake_wrangler »

scantrontb wrote:Reginald can't seem to hold his shape-shift when he thinks he's gonna see Pickle naked...
Not quite: the sparks start to fly (i.e. the transformation begins) in the second panel, before she ever mentions changing to her PJs. While it could be conceivable that he would think of the fact that she may want to get changed before bed, the assumption, until proven otherwise (i.e. in the third panel's speech bubble), would be that she would go somewhere else to change. So it's highly unlikely that it was the thought of seeing Pickle naked that initiated the transformation.
eee

Post by eee »

WHOA, that's a handsome bug! As soon as Castela (belatedly) becomes aware of him, she's going to realize that, and that he's naked. I expect... events. And not necessarily prurient ones.)

(On the one hand, it is GOOD that the Pickle is once again in control of herself, and taking herself to task for being unaware. On the other hand, how could she not notice Reg was going off like the world's biggest Sparkler next to her? For a being of such immense sensory abilities her blind spots are stunning.)
Drakkenmensch

Post by Drakkenmensch »

Castela better watch herself not to piss off Reginald, because bug-type is super effective against plant-type!
Sgt. Howard

Post by Sgt. Howard »

First of all- he's not 'holding' his shape, it was 'given' to him. Secondly, the concept of human modesty might not register with a butterfly. Thirdly- he is a BUTTERFLY- she is a PLANT- BUTTERFLYS POLLINATE PLANTS, don't they? I am no entomologist, but I seem to recall that butterflies and moths generally live long enough to reproduce and then die... this is going to get REAL interesting...
Rule 17 of the Bombay Golf Course- "You shall play the ball where the monkey drops it,"
I speak fluent Limrick-
the Old Sgt.
oldmanmickey

Post by oldmanmickey »

I am going with the idea of shape shifted being who simply fell in love. The super root beer broke the spell and yes butterlflys do pollinate plants as well as bees
Dear, don’t bore him with trivia or burden him with your past mistakes. The happiest way to deal with a man is never to tell him anything he does not need to know. L. Long
FreeFlier

Post by FreeFlier »

Specifically, insects, including butterflies, bees, and several kinds of flies and beetles, carry pollen from male plants to female plants.

Of course, some plants are both male and female, so the insect can carry it on the same plant in that case.

--FreeFlier
Dave

Post by Dave »

AnotherFairportfan wrote:Look at those eyes - i'm betting on fae.
Just had a somewhat ominous thought. Might Reginald possibly be Unseelie?

Calista alluded to the existence of Unseelie clans. We know she was being deceptive at the time (to make Castela feel better about having killed a Fae) but the fact that she mentioned them does imply that they probably do exist in the Wapsiverse.

In a lot of depictions, many of the Unseelie were monstrous to human eyes... but some of them could be beautiful, at least part of the time.

Rather hope I'm wrong about that. It's bad enough that Pickle has had her heart broken at least once already. It'd be worse to have it broken, ripped out, lightly grilled, and then served with pesto and arugula to an Unseelie trickster boggert or something like that.
Warrl

Post by Warrl »

Sgt. Howard wrote:First of all- he's not 'holding' his shape, it was 'given' to him. Secondly, the concept of human modesty might not register with a butterfly. Thirdly- he is a BUTTERFLY- she is a PLANT- BUTTERFLYS POLLINATE PLANTS, don't they? I am no entomologist, but I seem to recall that butterflies and moths generally live long enough to reproduce and then die... this is going to get REAL interesting...
Actually the reality of being that size and living in a world full of insect and arachnoid predators and even larger bird, reptile, amphibian, and mammal predators, and a few predatory plants just for good measure, means that most butterflies and moths don't live long enough to reproduce.
Alkarii

Post by Alkarii »

Which is why those that do produce a shitload of offspring.

Edit: Also, what are the chances he winds up with Digit instead? They'd both been transformed by magic, and something like that would certainly make Castela unhappy, which could lead to the problems alluded to quite often.
There is no such thing as a science experiment gone wrong.