Keep You Safe 2017-08-16

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
Hansontoons

Re: Keep You Safe 2017-08-16

Post by Hansontoons »

Atomic wrote:
Hansontoons wrote:Thank you for giving the younguns that may never have seen Bugs Bunny cartoons a clue as to what the obscure reference was about...
"I will hug him and pet him and call him George!"

And fewer still have read Of Mice And Men.

"Tell me about the rabbits, George!"
Yes, that literary theme(?) did weave its way into cartoons. A couple of bears come to mind, one short and scheming, the other large and of gentle mind if I recall correctly.

I read that book along the way during school in some class, those teachers always chose the most uplifting and happy books! Curious what is considered fine literature these days in high school, or are students still reading the "classics"? Huxley, Rand, Steinbeck, etc.
FreeFlier

Post by FreeFlier »

Hansontoons wrote: . . . A couple of bears come to mind, one short and scheming, the other large and of gentle mind if I recall correctly. . . .
If it's the denizens of Jellystone, you have it backwards.

--FreeFlier
Alkarii

Post by Alkarii »

No, there was a pair of bears on some old WB cartoons that fit the description. The short one was a bit of a dick.
There is no such thing as a science experiment gone wrong.
AnotherFairportfan

Post by AnotherFairportfan »

They did the "Mice and Men" shtick in a number of WB cartoons.
Proof Positive the world is not flat: If it were, cats would have pushed everything off the edge by now.