Home Alone 2017-08-11

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
TazManiac

Re: Home Alone 2017-08-11

Post by TazManiac »

Warrl wrote:
Thor wrote:Good thing this takes place in Minnesota instead of Illinois. In Illinois, leaving a child under the age of 14 home alone is a crime.

Specifically:
Illinois law defines a neglected minor, in part, as "any minor under the age of 14 years whose parent or other person responsible for the minor's welfare leaves the minor without supervision for an unreasonable period of time without regard for the mental or physical health, safety or welfare of that minor."
Juvenile Court Act, 705 ILCS 405/2-3(1)(d)
Do they define "unreasonable period of time"?

For a 12-year-old with a phone and a parent's number, whether I would consider overnight unreasonable would very much depend on the kid in question.

Besides, it seems there has been a miscommunication. According to the tag on the previous page, Mom and her S.O the school principal are elsewhere in the same building. Castela thinks they are elsewhere. And the noise that startled her... might be them.

edit: corrected "previous home".
First they where at Kath's (sleepover pinup) then they where 'elsewhere', this according to Pablo...
jwhouk

Post by jwhouk »

Do also recall that there's different ages of consent for Paras (i.e. drinking age).
"Character is what you are in the dark." - D.L. Moody
"You should never run from the voices in your head. That's how you give them power." - Jin
Catawampus

Post by Catawampus »

jwhouk wrote:Do also recall that there's different ages of consent for Paras (i.e. drinking age).
Though it could still get awkward if somebody not in the know reported them to Child Protection Services.
FreeFlier

Post by FreeFlier »

Catawampus wrote:
jwhouk wrote:Do also recall that there's different ages of consent for Paras (i.e. drinking age).
Though it could still get awkward if somebody not in the know reported them to Child Protection Services.
Not really . . . "We checked on that case you reported, and she's old enough."

Not least because most people don't know the law all that well anyway.

--FreeFlier