Nice and Tan 2012-10-16

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
Fairportfan

Nice and Tan 2012-10-16

Post by Fairportfan »

Last edited by Fairportfan on Tue Oct 16, 2012 1:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Not even duct tape can fix stupid. But it can muffle the noise.
=====================
Peace through superior firepower - ain't nothin' more peaceful than a dead troublemaker.
=====================
mike weber
NOTDilbert

Re: Nice and Tan 2012-10-16

Post by NOTDilbert »

Okay, so why isn't she minus a set of lingerie, bedclothes, frikken' BED, BEDROOM, and that danged spooky-eye WALLPAPER?!
"Imagination is more important than Knowledge" - Albert Einstein
"History doesn't repeat itself, but it DOES rhyme" - Mark Twain
"Always. Expect. Ninjas." - Syndey Scoville
Opus the Poet

Post by Opus the Poet »

Indeed, she does...
I ride my bike to ride my bike, and sometimes it takes me where I need to go.
Fairportfan

Post by Fairportfan »

NOTDilbert wrote:Okay, so why isn't she minus a set of lingerie, bedclothes, frikken' BED, BEDROOM, and that danged spooky-eye WALLPAPER?!
None of those were attached to Monica when she "died".
=====================
Peace through superior firepower - ain't nothin' more peaceful than a dead troublemaker.
=====================
mike weber
sonicthunder

Post by sonicthunder »

So wait... how did they make that connection? Monica's hair isn't all that different, and I doubt her skin tone has changed much in the last few months (considering before and after the calendar all her time has been spent in the same northern midwest US city). And it isn't like she's in the same position as when Shelly shivved her.

And I guess that means the fire and ghost form were an awakening, not a revival, considering she didn't consume her clothes in the flames that time.
NOTDilbert

Post by NOTDilbert »

Fairportfan wrote:
NOTDilbert wrote:Okay, so why isn't she minus a set of lingerie, bedclothes, frikken' BED, BEDROOM, and that danged spooky-eye WALLPAPER?!
This is, though, the second time she has 'flamed-on'. What, was she just lighting the pilot lights before? :)
"Imagination is more important than Knowledge" - Albert Einstein
"History doesn't repeat itself, but it DOES rhyme" - Mark Twain
"Always. Expect. Ninjas." - Syndey Scoville
shadowinthelight

Post by shadowinthelight »

OK, punching a hole through Monica may be an effective way to get her naked but it just isn't practical. :roll:

Also, nice Q*bert impression.
Last edited by shadowinthelight on Tue Oct 16, 2012 1:33 am, edited 2 times in total.
Julie, about Wapsi Square wrote:Oh goodness yes. So much paranormal!

Image My deviantART and YouTube.
I'm done thinking for today! It's caused me enough trouble!
chaotik74

Post by chaotik74 »

the annoying part of all this is there still isn't much Monica can actually do to stop her "freinds" from running roughshod over her. Potent abilities, yes. personally powerful? no. and the whole "heart ripping" trick will probably ultimately go unpunished. Frankly, i'd LIKE to see a story line where the blithe attitudes that seem so prevalent in the comic have actual consequences.
Fairportfan

Post by Fairportfan »

NOTDilbert wrote:
Fairportfan wrote:
This is, though, the second time she has 'flamed-on'. What, was she just lighting the pilot lights before? :)
"Astral Flame", remember?
=====================
=====================
mike weber
Mark N

Post by Mark N »

Fairportfan wrote:
I think she was left disheartened in her living room anyway. But me thinks the bedclothes are toast. She better not die while she is wearing her real expensive bras though.

---Tosses a copy of Heart's 'Dog and Butterfly' into the Pun Vault.
This message is brought to you by the "Let the artist know how much you LOVE his work" council.
Fairportfan

Post by Fairportfan »

chaotik74 wrote:the annoying part of all this is there still isn't much Monica can actually do to stop her "freinds" from running roughshod over her. Potent abilities, yes. personally powerful? no. and the whole "heart ripping" trick will probably ultimately go unpunished. Frankly, i'd LIKE to see a story line where the blithe attitudes that seem so prevalent in the comic have actual consequences.
These people play by a different set of rules than you or me.

If you can't run with the big dogs, stay home.

As i quoted when Phix prepared her little snack a few weeks ago: "He's not a tame lion."
=====================
=====================
mike weber
Jorge

Post by Jorge »

Why is it every time something supernatural happens to one of these girls, they end up naked?

P.S. I'm back baby!

You go away for a long holiday and everything is different. I couldn't even have my old handle "DJ" cause it has to be more than 2 letters.
Last edited by Jorge on Tue Oct 16, 2012 1:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
nerf-dweller

Post by nerf-dweller »

Jorge wrote:Why is it every time something supernatural happens to one of these girls, they end up naked?
Does that matter? I see...ummm
>.>
absolutely...
>.>
um, where was I?
>.>
nothing...
>.>
...er nothing wrong with that
>.>
What??
shadowinthelight

Post by shadowinthelight »

Jorge wrote:Why is it every time something supernatural happens to one of these girls, they end up naked?
Because this comic is awesome. :D
Julie, about Wapsi Square wrote:Oh goodness yes. So much paranormal!

Image My deviantART and YouTube.
I'm done thinking for today! It's caused me enough trouble!
Dave

Post by Dave »

chaotik74 wrote:the annoying part of all this is there still isn't much Monica can actually do to stop her "freinds" from running roughshod over her. Potent abilities, yes. personally powerful? no.
She still has the Glyph Reader power of command over Bud, although she doesn't like to use it. If she ordered Bud to do something violent and humiliating to Shelly, or to just go away into exile until Monica told her to return, Bud would probably have no choice but to obey.

Also... we have no reason to believe we know all of what having Phoenix blood implies. Shelly has repeatedly emphasized that Monica is / can be very dangerous (and she said that to Bud, not just to Monica) so the chances seem good that Monica may have some powers or capabilities not yet revealed...

... and if Shelly or Bud aren't willing to answer the questions that Monica may now be ready to ask, Monica can go quiz Euryale, who (according to Shelly) understands Monica's dangerous nature.
Yamara

Post by Yamara »

Well, I for one, agree with what Monica has to say. "Balance at star, little star, note of admiration," indeed.
PunPalsm the fastest way to pay the pun jar

Do Not Taunt Happy Fun Baal.
TlalocW

Post by TlalocW »

This could be annoying for M on a number of levels.

If her body does reform back at the time of when the knife got put in her head, she may be younger, but she may not be in better shape as she's losing any benefits from her diet and exercise program she's supposedly been on.

Plus, you know that once everyone acclimates to this power, they're going to abuse it. From shutting her up temporarily to using her to start a fire when camping... Plus, she just lost one of her bras, and while they're not all $900 like her sports bra, they are custom-made.

TlalocW
Dr. Otter

Post by Dr. Otter »

It's called "fan service," and I like it!
Be the role model she'll always remember. Be a Girl Scout volunteer today!
Yamara

Post by Yamara »

TlalocW wrote:This could be annoying for M on a number of levels.

If her body does reform back at the time of when the knife got put in her head, she may be younger, but she may not be in better shape as she's losing any benefits from her diet and exercise program she's supposedly been on.

Plus, you know that once everyone acclimates to this power, they're going to abuse it. From shutting her up temporarily to using her to start a fire when camping... Plus, she just lost one of her bras, and while they're not all $900 like her sports bra, they are custom-made.

TlalocW
Okay, gentlemen, I don't want to start a panic, but this physical reset means she returns to the smaller bra size she had at the time of the Calendar Machine ritual.

I know there may be a wailing and a gnashing of teeth at the loss of Monica's J cup. But bear in mind: The reset means that M now has a minimum bra size below which she cannot go.

The firewall will hold.
PunPalsm the fastest way to pay the pun jar

Do Not Taunt Happy Fun Baal.
My2Cents

Post by My2Cents »

Because the author wants realism rather than to serve the morality police.

Didn’t you love the how the old werewolves shredded all their clothes, but somehow always not their pants?
While misery loves company, chaos brings along friends.