Nice and Tan 2012-10-16

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
My2Cents

Re: Nice and Tan 2012-10-16

Post by My2Cents »

Mark N wrote:But me thinks the bedclothes are toast. She better not die while she is wearing her real expensive bras though.
Well, since it is astral fire nothing will have been burned. Monica probably just fell out of them when she immolated into ash, then reconstituted from the ashes outside them.

Wonder what would happen if she gets trapped in a too small space while in ash form and then reconstitutes. Somehow I don’t think it will be good for the walls.
While misery loves company, chaos brings along friends.
Bathorys Daughter

Post by Bathorys Daughter »

Ok, so whatever is going on, it must not be entirely due to the Phoenix blood. It seems to be some combination of that and the knife blade/key. Since her body has been reset to that point, I guess she can eat custard again. At least for a while. Or maybe the regeneration has nothing to do with the Phoenix blood and that only relates to the astral fire she can, allegedly, manipulate now. And which feature ( if either) is responsible for her ability to leave her body?

Hopefully the process will be explained in greater detail this week. There are still questions.
A society should not be judged on how it treats its outstanding citizens but by how it treats its criminals... ~ Fyodor Dostoevsky.
MerchManDan

Post by MerchManDan »

"...too many questions...too many questions..."
Her body must go back to the point that [Shelly] put the key in her head.
...except Mon wasn't naked when that happened. Though she did seem to have a nice tan.
"Give orange me give eat orange me eat orange give me eat orange give me you." - Nim the chimp
Animation courtesy of shadowinthelight (thanks again!)
illiad

Post by illiad »

Jorge wrote:Why is it every time something supernatural happens to one of these girls, they end up naked?
huh? linky please... unless you mean the stupid journalist word, where it means 'you cant see it but she is naked (apart from the thong you cannot see, and the skin-color bodysuit, or the pasties...)' :roll: :roll:
illiad

Post by illiad »

My2Cents wrote:
Jorge wrote:Why is it every time something supernatural happens to one of these girls, they end up naked?
Because the author wants realism rather than to serve the morality police.

Didn’t you love the how the old werewolves shredded all their clothes, but somehow always not their pants?
sorry, but even Paul has to serve the morality police... they really dont like showing certain things... gimme a N, gimme a I..... oh and the rest... :) :)

Yamara: Hey I dont see *that* much difference, she usually reaches up to about her elbow :P :) (but its early days yet, we'll have to wait until she has time to look in a mirror...

And yup, she needs to be careful on gym days, when she is wearing the *really* expensive one!! :D
kingklash

Post by kingklash »

Such language from someone who was talking about farting rainbows.
illiad

Post by illiad »

kingklash wrote:Such language from someone who was talking about farting rainbows.
LOL NOW I know what missing from my keyboard!! a spiral and star symbol! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Ohnhai

Post by Ohnhai »

talking of language, Shelly' "indeed" seems a little odd. I personally would have expected 'indeed' if Bud had said 'seems her memory is intact' rather than posing it as a question...

As it stands wouldn't it be more natural to have Shelly say "yup!" or "apparently!"

PS, just ignore me i'm musing out loud!
Yamara

Post by Yamara »

MerchManDan wrote:
...except Mon wasn't naked when that happened. Though she did seem to have a nice tan.
She also seemed to have a paisley/William Morris thing going for her, though I guess the Key shut all that down.
My2Cents wrote:
I think the question is why the astral fire that woke her up didn't destroy her clothes, but the fire that occurred to restore her from having her heart punched did destroy them. Maybe different kinds of supernat fire?

Doubtful that either reality or prudery are being served here; really, on any given day.
My2Cents wrote:Didn’t you love the how the old werewolves shredded all their clothes, but somehow always not their pants?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pre-Code_Hollywood

I'm sure if censorship hadn't struck, there would have been drunken naked werewolf babes on the old silver screen. Grave Diggers of 1933...

PunPal has charged me in Mercury dimes.
PunPalsm the fastest way to pay the pun jar

Do Not Taunt Happy Fun Baal.
Jay-Em

Post by Jay-Em »

My2Cents wrote:

Didn’t you love the how the old werewolves shredded all their clothes, but somehow always not their pants?
Yes, indeed thát ^
It's a typical American/Anglo-saxon problem though. (Don't believe me? Read a couple of Euro comics like "Sillage" where éven teen-boobies are on full display. And to boot, those comics/graphic novels are often found in the children's-section of our public libraries... ánd, no children have been emotionally scarred that I know of) There's a really interesting essay on the dichotomy of fragmented Western Culture, and how Anglo-Saxon morality shapes our connected world, in that.

Luckily the same goes for the Hulk though... (due to the unstable molecules of "puritanium"..) a "realistic Hulk " would make quite a few guys insecure.... :o

OT: soooo.. The key/icepick was the thing that triggered Monica's inate ability, ór did it inject Monica with some abilities?
I guess it will be explained in due time.
but, why 42?
---------------
Against the assault of laughter nothing can stand. (S. Clemens)
zachariah

Post by zachariah »

MerchManDan wrote:"...too many questions...too many questions..."
I thought you had a great point until I reread what Bud said. Her BODY goes back to that point in time, not as it was dressed but as the physical condition it was in. Then Bud seems to imply really dieing caused the flames to turn her clothes to toast. That is consistant to how a pheonix revivies.
Ambush questions are fun. Watching the mental impact of them as they distort, or crumble, opinions based on faulty logic.
jeffepp

Post by jeffepp »

You are all ignoring the real tragedy of this: All that effort at the gym the last few months have been lost!
jeffepp

Post by jeffepp »

nerf-dweller wrote: ...
What??
Huh?
chibichibi01

Post by chibichibi01 »

Hey guys, we got a hint of M's inability to be killed a long time ago. I'm pretty certain she couldn't have even been killed before the shivving. It looks like this has been planned for a while.

I, for one, cannot wait to see where the puppetmaster takes this.
ImageImage
Jabberwonky

Post by Jabberwonky »

illiad wrote:
kingklash wrote:Such language from someone who was talking about farting rainbows.
LOL NOW I know what missing from my keyboard!! a spiral and star symbol! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Potty Mouth from Nate Piekos at Blam Bot. It's a great source for free, and pay, fonts. He also does the webcomics, Atland and The Berserker's Daughter.
"The price of perfection is prohibitive." - Anonymous
Ohnhai

Post by Ohnhai »

chibichibi01 wrote:Hey guys, we got a hint of M's inability to be killed a long time ago. I'm pretty certain she couldn't have even been killed before the shivving. It looks like this has been planned for a while.

and don't forget the 'near misses' when she was retrieving the cloth from the smugglers!
jwhouk

Post by jwhouk »

I guess I'm the only one who noticed that M's got a skinny butt.
"Character is what you are in the dark." - D.L. Moody
"You should never run from the voices in your head. That's how you give them power." - Jin
Jabberwonky

Post by Jabberwonky »

jwhouk wrote:I guess I'm the only one who noticed that M's got a skinny butt.
Monica noticed.
"The price of perfection is prohibitive." - Anonymous
Julie

Post by Julie »

chibichibi01 wrote:Hey guys, we got a hint of M's inability to be killed a long time ago. I'm pretty certain she couldn't have even been killed before the shivving. It looks like this has been planned for a while.

I had the same thought a few days back. :D It will be interesting to see if my wacky theory is anywhere near correct (since I'm not usually good at the theory thing...I'm very good at comfy-couch-sitting in Confusion Corner :P).
illiad wrote:
huh? linky please... unless you mean the stupid journalist word, where it means 'you cant see it but she is naked (apart from the thong you cannot see, and the skin-color bodysuit, or the pasties...)' :roll: :roll:
Well...it might still meet your definition of "stupid journalist word" but here's a link for you. :)

Silly M...reacting so strongly when it's her own fault for being so dismissive of her friends warnings and comments about her supernatural nature. :P I'm looking forward to seeing them all hash this out.
"Just open your eyes
And see that life is beautiful."
donoho

Post by donoho »

I miss Monica talking/swearing/etc in teh language her grandmother taught her. :p