Not Fast Enough 2017-07-25

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
AnotherFairportfan

Not Fast Enough 2017-07-25

Post by AnotherFairportfan »

Heh. The perpetual problem of the extraordinary person - dealing with the harsh realities of the extremely ordinary world.
Proof Positive the world is not flat: If it were, cats would have pushed everything off the edge by now.
Dave

Re: Not Fast Enough 2017-07-25

Post by Dave »

AnotherFairportfan wrote:Heh. The perpetual problem of the extraordinary person - dealing with the harsh realities of the extremely ordinary world.
"Man of Steel, Woman of Tissue Paper" (Larry Niven)
FreeFlier

Post by FreeFlier »

Man of Steel, Woman of Kleenex

The reference to why Batman would refuse to be seen with Superman was amusing.

--FreeFlier
ChattaStarhawk

Post by ChattaStarhawk »

Opus the Poet

Post by Opus the Poet »

Problems with being a hot-headed (and -handed) Tween.
I ride my bike to ride my bike, and sometimes it takes me where I need to go.
oldmanmickey

Post by oldmanmickey »

I don't see why it would sit anything on fire. It hasn't done it to anything else she was wearing.
Dear, don’t bore him with trivia or burden him with your past mistakes. The happiest way to deal with a man is never to tell him anything he does not need to know. L. Long
donoho

Post by donoho »

Once, long ago, at a friend's birthday party, after the consumption of copious amounts of alcohol, I met the sister of said birthday friend and said (to her) that she looked sturdy.

Despite being a sincere compliment in my mind, the look on her face said she felt otherwise and that the thought should have remained in my head.
Aleister Crow

Post by Aleister Crow »

Learn to fire plasma from the bottoms of your feet, Cas. Problem solved.
Whoever coined the phrase "more fun than a barrel of monkeys" obviously never spent an afternoon cramming the little buggers into one.
eee

Post by eee »

oldmanmickey wrote:I don't see why it would sit anything on fire. It hasn't done it to anything else she was wearing.
We haven't seen her flying through continuous emission of plasma. We've seen brief massive bursts as she destroys things, sustained low level and focused discharge as she carves rocks, but not the Saturn 5 like all out spraying that would be needed to lift her into the air and allow her to fly through it. Given that both she and Atsali are discussing this as if they have some knowledge of what it involves, I assume she's tried this before and found out the consequences, clothing wise.
AnotherFairportfan

eee wrote:
oldmanmickey wrote:I don't see why it would sit anything on fire. It hasn't done it to anything else she was wearing.
We haven't seen her flying through continuous emission of plasma. We've seen brief massive bursts as she destroys things, sustained low level and focused discharge as she carves rocks, but not the Saturn 5 like all out spraying that would be needed to lift her into the air and allow her to fly through it. Given that both she and Atsali are discussing this as if they have some knowledge of what it involves, I assume she's tried this before and found out the consequences, clothing wise.
Pinups for sale on eBay show what appears to be flight.
Proof Positive the world is not flat: If it were, cats would have pushed everything off the edge by now.
AnotherFairportfan

Law of Funny
Catawampus

Post by Catawampus »

She's got a couple of years to go before she can even legally ride a moped along the streets of Minnesota, but she can be the baddest electrically-assisted-bicycle rider in the Twin Cities.
sheik

Post by sheik »

In order to fly with her hands she probably has to hold them out to the sides. The sustained thermal emission from the plasma columns would eventually ignite just about anything flammable.
I agree with AC. She needs to learn how to blast with her feet.
ChattaStarhawk

Post by ChattaStarhawk »

sheik wrote:
In order to fly with her hands she probably has to hold them out to the sides. The sustained thermal emission from the plasma columns would eventually ignite just about anything flammable.
I agree with AC. She needs to learn how to blast with her feet.
And thereby destroy her boots, which she would consider a bad thing to happen.
Atomic

Post by Atomic »

So you're saying she's actually AstroBoy?

Don't let other peoples limitations become your constraints!

My Deviant Art scribbles
The Atomic Guide to Basic GIMP Stuff
ChattaStarhawk

Post by ChattaStarhawk »

Atomic wrote:So you're saying she's actually AstroBoy?
Only that it would look the same, but the blasts come from the undersides of her feet and if she is wearing her boots it'll rip right through them.
TazManiac

Post by TazManiac »

*Astro Boy*, you beat me to it...

As far as the boots, she could have Titanium chain-link soles underneath; allows for walking on stuff and exhaust to escape.
AnotherFairportfan

I was trying to work around to "Mighty Atom"...
Opus the Poet

Post by Opus the Poet »

TazManiac wrote:*Astro Boy*, you beat me to it...

As far as the boots, she could have Titanium chain-link soles underneath; allows for walking on stuff and exhaust to escape.
Except Ti is highly reactive and oxidizes easily and will burn at only moderately high temps.
I ride my bike to ride my bike, and sometimes it takes me where I need to go.
Typeminer

Post by Typeminer »

Some comic book I read as a kid observed that before you invent a personal rocket pack, you need to invent fireproof pants.

Still good advice.
Saccharomyces cerevisiae is the linchpin of civilization.