Like Lace 2017-07-19

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
Hansontoons

Re: Like Lace

Post by Hansontoons »

AmriloJim wrote:Looks like Hansontoons called it a night shortly after that post. In my PMs to he and FPF to resolve the duplicate threads, I included directions on how to edit the primary subject, I'm sure he'll fix it when next he logs in.
Yep, had to bail last night to take care of something else and it got late. Just now able to get back to this. Been a busy day.

Thx to you and FPF for patience.
Dave

Post by Dave »

Typeminer wrote:"Aw, it was easy. Just used a passivated stainless-steel stencil and a spraycan of chlorine trifluoride." :mrgreen:
Fixed that for you.

I strongly suspect that chlorine trifluoride may be hypergolic with Whatsits.
oldmanmickey

Re: Like Lace 2017-07-19

Post by oldmanmickey »

Just use the old i could tell you but then i would have to kill you only in this case its not a joke. I also find it interesting that she thinks she stronger than the Chimera.
Dear, don’t bore him with trivia or burden him with your past mistakes. The happiest way to deal with a man is never to tell him anything he does not need to know. L. Long
eee

Post by eee »

oldmanmickey wrote:Just use the old i could tell you but then i would have to kill you only in this case its not a joke. I also find it interesting that she thinks she stronger than the Chimera.
She MAY be exaggerating her destructive capacities for dramatic effect. Let us hope we never have cause to find out.
Alkarii

Post by Alkarii »

Or she may be thinking that she'll just keep going with the destruction until there's only her and the paras she can't kill, like Monica and the golem girls.

Well, I assume she can't kill them, because there was that time that Bud withstood a nuclear blast. At least, I think it was nuclear...
There is no such thing as a science experiment gone wrong.
Dave

Post by Dave »

Alkarii wrote:Well, I assume she can't kill them, because there was that time that Bud withstood a nuclear blast. At least, I think it was nuclear...
It was nuclear, but it wasn't a traditional A-bomb-type nuclear detonation.

According to what the Nu Gui said (here) the explosion was the result of a critical mass of nuclear material creating enough heat to bring the surrounding matrix (rock) to the point of an explosion. That is, the blast was a steam explosion triggered by a criticality excursion. From our side of the fourth wall we know that the critical mass didn't occur naturally, but the effect was the same.

What happened was, in effect, somewhat like the explosion that blew the roof off of the Chernobyl reactor some decades ago. Messy and dangerous, yes - an event of this sort tends to throw a lot of radioactive material around - but nowhere near the blast of an actual nuclear detonation. More like a "dirty bomb". I've seen a figure saying that the Chernobyl explosion was the equivalent of less than one ton of TNT. The smallest A-bomb yield I find mentioned was the Davy Crockett / W54 tactical warhead, which can be dialed down to a minimum of around 10 tons TNT equivalent.

As far as Bud goes, yes, she and Brandi are probably effectively invulnerable even against Castela. Bud's powerful enough to put out a shock wave that could destroy Earth and collapse the sun. I'm not sure that Castela's immunity to lightning would handle that.

Jin, on the other hand, is human-fragile these days, and Castela could almost certainly kill her without much difficulty. Heck, even Atsali could do that with one of her spin-kicks, or in her warbird morph.
jwhouk

Post by jwhouk »

Dave wrote: Jin, on the other hand, is human-fragile these days, and Castela could almost certainly kill her without much difficulty. Heck, even Atsali could do that with one of her spin-kicks, or in her warbird morph.
Aunt Monica wouldn't like it if she did, though.
"Character is what you are in the dark." - D.L. Moody
"You should never run from the voices in your head. That's how you give them power." - Jin
AnotherFairportfan

Post by AnotherFairportfan »

oldmanmickey wrote:Just use the old i could tell you but then i would have to kill you only in this case its not a joke. I also find it interesting that she thinks she stronger than the Chimera.
The Chimera stopped before going All The Way. All three of them acting in unison that way could very probably have destroyed the Solar System.
Proof Positive the world is not flat: If it were, cats would have pushed everything off the edge by now.
TazManiac

Post by TazManiac »

Drakkenmensch wrote:It's reassuring to know that the whole of humanity is just one government agency making a piss poor strike decision away from having earth lose a third of its crust in a single Castella-fueled unstoppable rage explosion.

I'd think Castela would likely be able to blast away, and if downwards towards the center of the Earth would open up a brand new lava tube from the magma to the surface.

hot spewing bubbling lava. mmmmm...