My Turn 2012-10-15

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
Fairportfan

My Turn 2012-10-15

Post by Fairportfan »

Ya know, asking important questions like that after doing something irrevocable is ... uhhh ...
Not even duct tape can fix stupid. But it can muffle the noise.
=====================
Peace through superior firepower - ain't nothin' more peaceful than a dead troublemaker.
=====================
mike weber
Akeche

Re: My Turn 2012-10-15

Post by Akeche »

Minutes before mine xP ... why don't other people post the actual comic in an img tag anyway?
Dave

Post by Dave »

So, one question answered (and it looks as if Bia's schemes involved more than Shelly!) and a neat Household Hint from Heloise introduced (acquire only the best-quality Phoenix hearts - they are self-cleaning and leave your hands feeling extra-fresh and silky-smooth!)
Fairportfan

Post by Fairportfan »

Akeche wrote:Minutes before mine xP ... why don't other people post the actual comic in an img tag anyway?
Because it eats up Pablo's bandwidth without getting him ad clicks.

Hotlinking is generally considered Impolite at best.

Do a link to the page, if you want - but don't hotlink the actual image.
=====================
Peace through superior firepower - ain't nothin' more peaceful than a dead troublemaker.
=====================
mike weber
NOTDilbert

Post by NOTDilbert »

And Monica's rough weekend continues.....By the way, that whistling sound is the Acme Anvil Baumgartner was using as balast - wonder how it got over Mon's house....?
"Imagination is more important than Knowledge" - Albert Einstein
"History doesn't repeat itself, but it DOES rhyme" - Mark Twain
"Always. Expect. Ninjas." - Syndey Scoville
Atomic

Post by Atomic »

Somehow, I'm reminded of a gangster movie where the Mafiaoso boss was in the hospital after a shooting. Slowly regaining consciousness, he faces his two sons:

Son 1 - Dad, you were shot. The doctors say you'll be OK.

Don - Ehhhh...

Son 2 - You lost a lot of blood.

Don - Ahhh...

Son 1 - They found most of it.
Don't let other peoples limitations become your constraints!

My Deviant Art scribbles
The Atomic Guide to Basic GIMP Stuff
shadowinthelight

Post by shadowinthelight »

You know smug/happy Shelly is thinking "Try to rationalize that!".
Julie, about Wapsi Square wrote:Oh goodness yes. So much paranormal!

Image My deviantART and YouTube.
I'm done thinking for today! It's caused me enough trouble!
My2Cents

Post by My2Cents »

Note how bloody Bud's hand was in frame 1, yet it is clean in frame 3? The phoenix rebuild process must gather up all the parts. No blood spatter left around the crime scene.

Wonder how it is with fingerprints, could come in handy in the further adventures of Monica.
While misery loves company, chaos brings along friends.
Bathorys Daughter

Post by Bathorys Daughter »

shadowinthelight wrote:You know smug/happy Shelly is thinking "Try to rationalize that!".
Without the evidence of the heart and blood, Monica can claim it was an hallucination. Shelly should have recorded it with her cell phone. Of course, Bud could threaten to repeat the procedure.
A society should not be judged on how it treats its outstanding citizens but by how it treats its criminals... ~ Fyodor Dostoevsky.
Stigmartyr762

Post by Stigmartyr762 »

This is certainly going to be an interesting week. LOL
There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.
Mark N

Post by Mark N »

So this stinks of Bia as well. She seems to be one hell of a mastermind doesn't she?? I just can't wait to find out what the caper is that they all had to exist to perform.
This message is brought to you by the "Let the artist know how much you LOVE his work" council.
Jay-Em

Post by Jay-Em »

Odd. On frame two, Shelly looks actually surprised. Why would that be? The amount of psy-fire amazes her? Or is itjust a case of "hearing about it isn't as good as seeing it"? Bud seems unflappable, though.
but, why 42?
---------------
Against the assault of laughter nothing can stand. (S. Clemens)
illiad

Post by illiad »

Jay-Em wrote:Odd. On frame two, Shelly looks actually surprised. Why would that be? The amount of psy-fire amazes her? Or is itjust a case of "hearing about it isn't as good as seeing it"? Bud seems unflappable, though.
hehe. no, it's just that awful feeling when being knocked out for the *second* time... Ever watch 'highlander' when he 'comes back to life' ??? - gotta be irritating, if it happens too much... LOL :)
Jaedreth

Post by Jaedreth »

My2Cents wrote:Note how bloody Bud's hand was in frame 1, yet it is clean in frame 3? The phoenix rebuild process must gather up all the parts. No blood spatter left around the crime scene.

Wonder how it is with fingerprints, could come in handy in the further adventures of Monica.
When a Phoenix dies, all of it ashes, and then is reborn in Phoenix Fire. This comic is actually representing Monica's phoenix blood quite well. I love it when comics get it right.
Casey

Post by Casey »

Today's lesson: sometimes your friend being on fire can be a good sign.
Fairportfan

Post by Fairportfan »

Bathorys Daughter wrote:
shadowinthelight wrote:You know smug/happy Shelly is thinking "Try to rationalize that!".
Without the evidence of the heart and blood, Monica can claim it was an hallucination. Shelly should have recorded it with her cell phone. Of course, Bud could threaten to repeat the procedure.
"Lather. Rinse. Rip out heart. Repeat as needed."
=====================
=====================
mike weber
kingklash

Post by kingklash »

Makes me think of poor Yakumo in 3X3 Eyes, when he first gets killed after the Sanjiyan makes him her guardian. He doesn't quite figure out his body pulled itself together after getting smushed by a bus, but later on, he starts to take advantage of his new immortal, if sometimes painfully unwieldy status.
Fairportfan

Post by Fairportfan »

Coming back to life after a bomb powerful enough to destroy a large and well-built underground complex detonated inside your body would seem to be one of those moments that one would just as soon not experience.

===================

EDIT to add:

So Bia actually made the tchotchkes?

Hmmm - this leads me to wonder just how much Shelly's Dad actually does know, since he got upset about her playing with one.
=====================
=====================
mike weber
Yamara

Post by Yamara »

Kids, don't try this at home.
PunPalsm the fastest way to pay the pun jar

Do Not Taunt Happy Fun Baal.
Wyvern

Post by Wyvern »

Fairportfan wrote:Hmmm - this leads me to wonder just how much Shelly's Dad actually does know, since he got upset about her playing with one.
At this point Shelly's Dad is important enough both to reappear in the comic and to get an actual name. (Hint, hint, Pablo.)
You should be reading the Wapsi Square Wiki.