My Turn 2012-10-15

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
Jerry Lewis

Re: My Turn 2012-10-15

Post by Jerry Lewis »

It's been a while and the chronology is all starting to get a little fuzzy, so maybe someone else can remind me -- was that thing with Monica not-quite-dodging bullets before or after Shelly shivved her in the head?
jwhouk

Post by jwhouk »

Before, since they needed the other half of the cloth to use the portal to get out of the demon world.
"Character is what you are in the dark." - D.L. Moody
"You should never run from the voices in your head. That's how you give them power." - Jin
Otpu

Post by Otpu »

by Jerry Lewis » Mon Oct 15, 2012 3:39 pm
It's been a while and the chronology is all starting to get a little fuzzy, so maybe someone else can remind me -- was that thing with Monica not-quite-dodging bullets before or after Shelly shivved her in the head?
The episode in the Banana market/Smugglers Den was before the Calendar/Spike in M's head episode.

Tomorrows dialog:

Monica: Whut? Who? How?

Shelly: Are you ready to give up with the denial BS and listen to us now or do We have to rip your head off and shove it up your butt to get your attention?

Otpu
Fairportfan

Post by Fairportfan »

shadowinthelight wrote:I think I added a link on the very first thread I started since that is how other forums I visit where the author/moderator starts the official daily thread usually handle things. No one else seemed to do so so I didn't keep it up. It actually surprised me when I first saw a forum where the whole comic was hotlinked. Of course it is Paul's decision but IMO providing a link to the current page would make a good addition to the official rules.
I usually do that - as you'll notice in my comment.
Not even duct tape can fix stupid. But it can muffle the noise.
=====================
Peace through superior firepower - ain't nothin' more peaceful than a dead troublemaker.
=====================
mike weber
lake_wrangler

Post by lake_wrangler »

It occurs to me that it's rather easy for Bud to say "My turn to trust you" to Shelly... She won't have to live with the consequences if Shelly was wrong... At most, she'd have to live with the guilt. On the other hand, if Shelly was wrong, Monica's the one who'd have to live with the fact that she was dead... ;)
ziggy78eog

Post by ziggy78eog »

I am just trying to figure out where all the blood and viscera from Bud's hand went to.
Leak

Post by Leak »

ziggy78eog wrote:I am just trying to figure out where all the blood and viscera from Bud's hand went to.
It probably poofed back into Monica.

I sure hope noone ever gets a blood transplant from her shortly before she kicks the bucket AGAIN, or they could be in for a serious case of anemia when that happens...
sonicthunder

Post by sonicthunder »

lake_wrangler wrote:It occurs to me that it's rather easy for Bud to say "My turn to trust you" to Shelly... She won't have to live with the consequences if Shelly was wrong... At most, she'd have to live with the guilt. On the other hand, if Shelly was wrong, Monica's the one who'd have to live with the fact that she was dead... ;)
Guilt + a particularly upset Brandi.

If nothing else, I'm sure accidental killings are nothing new to Bud, even after her chimera days. Shelly, all her murders have been intentional.

I guess if Monica didn't "respawn", Bud would just be under Tepoz's charge again. Instant happy hour.
kingklash

Post by kingklash »

Jerry Lewis wrote:It's been a while and the chronology is all starting to get a little fuzzy, so maybe someone else can remind me -- was that thing with Monica not-quite-dodging bullets before or after Shelly shivved her in the head?
heh. Shelly "The Shiv" Wahnee.
NebulousRikulau

Post by NebulousRikulau »

Leak wrote:
ziggy78eog wrote:I am just trying to figure out where all the blood and viscera from Bud's hand went to.
It probably poofed back into Monica.

I sure hope noone ever gets a blood transplant from her shortly before she kicks the bucket AGAIN, or they could be in for a serious case of anemia when that happens...
And any vampire that tried for her would end up with a serious case of heartburn.

*tosses some basic cold cash into the pun jar*
Yamara

Post by Yamara »

sonicthunder wrote:
lake_wrangler wrote:It occurs to me that it's rather easy for Bud to say "My turn to trust you" to Shelly... She won't have to live with the consequences if Shelly was wrong... At most, she'd have to live with the guilt. On the other hand, if Shelly was wrong, Monica's the one who'd have to live with the fact that she was dead... ;)
Guilt + a particularly upset Brandi.

If nothing else, I'm sure accidental killings are nothing new to Bud, even after her chimera days. Shelly, all her murders have been intentional.

I guess if Monica didn't "respawn", Bud would just be under Tepoz's charge again. Instant happy hour.
The word asimovan comes to mind.

A golem attacking its commander and primary object of protection is a pretty serious issue. Can Bud (and by logical extension and psychic link Brandi and Jin) maintain the exclusivity of that uniquely deadly parameter?

Or is she already more than just a "fancy machine"?
PunPalsm the fastest way to pay the pun jar

Do Not Taunt Happy Fun Baal.
Fairportfan

Post by Fairportfan »

Yamara wrote:A golem attacking its commander and primary object of protection is a pretty serious issue. Can Bud (and by logical extension and psychic link Brandi and Jin) maintain the exclusivity of that uniquely deadly parameter?

Or is she already more than just a "fancy machine"?
Always was.
Not even duct tape can fix stupid. But it can muffle the noise.
=====================
Peace through superior firepower - ain't nothin' more peaceful than a dead troublemaker.
=====================
mike weber
My2Cents

Post by My2Cents »

Leak wrote:It probably poofed back into Monica.

Depends on how it zaps back. It could also be one hell of a fever.
While misery loves company, chaos brings along friends.
jwhouk

Post by jwhouk »

When Monica "released" the girls to have normal lives, that removed the safeties on the safeties, if you get my meaning.

Monica could use Acacia, Brandilyn and Ms. Aedobie to destroy the world, but all three would be trying to talk her down from doing so.
"Character is what you are in the dark." - D.L. Moody
"You should never run from the voices in your head. That's how you give them power." - Jin
Bathorys Daughter

Post by Bathorys Daughter »

jwhouk wrote:When Monica "released" the girls to have normal lives, that removed the safeties on the safeties, if you get my meaning.

Monica could use Acacia, Brandilyn and Ms. Aedobie to destroy the world, but all three would be trying to talk her down from doing so.
I don't think they would have that opportunity. When Monica directly ordered Bud to tell her about the girls deaths, Bud did so in a robotic manner. She instantly went from very emotional to compliance. Any freedom they have depends entirely on Monica not giving a direct order, but instead trying to persuade them to do what she thinks they should. Apparently they have some leeway when it comes to protecting her, however. It seems to be a judgement call on their part when to do so.
A society should not be judged on how it treats its outstanding citizens but by how it treats its criminals... ~ Fyodor Dostoevsky.
Haylo

Post by Haylo »

Bathorys Daughter wrote:<snip/>Apparently they have some leeway when it comes to protecting her, however. It seems to be a judgement call on their part when to do so.
I think it's more a matter of their higher mental functions being trusted to decide whether she really is in danger -- if they genuinely believe she is safe their automatic functions are not triggered. Pretending to believe would be unlikely to work.
Goth Wolf

Post by Goth Wolf »

Geez Bud way to prove a point