My Turn 2012-10-15

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
chibichibi01

Re: My Turn 2012-10-15

Post by chibichibi01 »

Wyvern wrote:
Fairportfan wrote:Hmmm - this leads me to wonder just how much Shelly's Dad actually does know, since he got upset about her playing with one.
At this point Shelly's Dad is important enough both to reappear in the comic and to get an actual name. (Hint, hint, Pablo.)
I second that! Tsillah needs a reappearance too.

As for today's comic, I'd like to see M rationalize this. Let's go again!
ImageImage
jwhouk

Post by jwhouk »

Akeche wrote:Minutes before mine xP ... why don't other people post the actual comic in an img tag anyway?
Ad revenue for Pablo.
"Character is what you are in the dark." - D.L. Moody
"You should never run from the voices in your head. That's how you give them power." - Jin
TheDOCTOR
Location: Pittsburgh,Pa. via Gallifrey, in Constallation of Kastaborus

Post by TheDOCTOR »

Yamara wrote:Kids, don't try this at home.
I wondered when someone would say that.
So....Its Official, Monica is now Captain Jacqueline (Jack) Harkness. :lol: Say If Monicas' blood is Type "O" and shes a Universal donor then wouldn't she be able to 'save' people with a transfusion? :o Say another (Mortal) character gets hurt, Monica gives them a Transfusion and brings 'em back to a point where they could heal on their own. ;)
Jürgen A. Erhard

Post by Jürgen A. Erhard »

I love Shelly's expressions, in all three panels. The second panel, if anyone wonders, is quite natural if you realize what they see: M burning up completely (including the heart and blood on Bud). Could you remain as cool as Shel in panel 1 if you saw that, no matter how certain you are of the outcome?

And panel 3 is just priceless. Both Bud and especially Shelly. Bud: "Tadaa!° Shelly: "See, I was so right!" Of of course lots of happiness and relief that she actually was right. :D
Jürgen A. Erhard

Fairportfan wrote: Hmmm - this leads me to wonder just how much Shelly's Dad actually does know, since he got upset about her playing with one.
Maybe... nothing? It can be quite easily be explained by those tchotchkes being the only things he has left of Shelly's mom (hmm, did we ever learn her name? Did he know her as "Bia"?). Sentimental value, without knowing what true value or rather purpose they had. Even if they were not the only things left of her.
jwhouk

Post by jwhouk »

Wyvern wrote:
Fairportfan wrote:Hmmm - this leads me to wonder just how much Shelly's Dad actually does know, since he got upset about her playing with one.
At this point Shelly's Dad is important enough both to reappear in the comic and to get an actual name. (Hint, hint, Pablo.)
Double Hint, Hint, Pablo.
"Character is what you are in the dark." - D.L. Moody
"You should never run from the voices in your head. That's how you give them power." - Jin
Julie

Post by Julie »

Good point. :shock: I suppose he could have known nothing about them, and just reacted strongly to Shelly having been stuck staring at them for as long as she did, but that's seeming less likely at this point.

I'm guessing from this page that Shelly did get the full reveal on Bia as her mother from Nudge or someone else in the time between her departure from the Library and M finally rejoining the gang at the beach. That's good to know. I really wonder what her reaction was though...
"Just open your eyes
And see that life is beautiful."
Jürgen A. Erhard

Bud and Shelly: the Dream Team. :D
ShadOBabe

Post by ShadOBabe »

jwhouk wrote:
Wyvern wrote:
Triple hint, hint Pablo.
Jürgen A. Erhard

Julie wrote:
Good point. :shock: I suppose he could have known nothing about them, and just reacted strongly to Shelly having been stuck staring at them for as long as she did, but that's seeming less likely at this point.
Why does it seem less likely? What hints do we have about Mr Wahnee? None, afaict. I did forget about Shelly being stuck staring at them. That's of course cause for concern. And cause to make you think and maybe get suspicious. But we have no evidence of her dad knowing anything more at this point.
Julie wrote: I'm guessing from this page that Shelly did get the full reveal on Bia as her mother from Nudge or someone else in the time between her departure from the Library and M finally rejoining the gang at the beach. That's good to know. I really wonder what her reaction was though...
From Nudge. Or someone else... like Phix? M didn't want to see Phix again. But Shelly, as a Sphincx and a Titan... I would expect her (not as egyptian as M at this point) being better able to make up with Phix. Especially since (as I understand it) they were both betrayed/used by Bia.
Sphinx-Napped

Post by Sphinx-Napped »

Triple hint, hint Pablo.
quadruple Hint, hint, Pablo with emphasis to boot
Punjar repair man, that recently up graded the pun jar to 2.0 now with self defense and and evil ai that will try to kill you, if you even try to hurt it for doing its job...
eee

Post by eee »

My2Cents wrote:Note how bloody Bud's hand was in frame 1, yet it is clean in frame 3? The phoenix rebuild process must gather up all the parts. No blood spatter left around the crime scene.

Wonder how it is with fingerprints, could come in handy in the further adventures of Monica.
That's one possibility for Bud's clean hand, and the most probable one. She also might just have exhaled off panel at her hand and incinerated all the blood and Monica's heart to atoms.
TlalocW

Post by TlalocW »

You know speaking of Bia, and I'm going to throw May in here too... What with most of the characters being pretty emotional and the need for most people to have some sort of closure, I'm wondering if Shelly has sat down her mom, Bia, to has things out, and if Monica has sat down with May to talk about the whole bisabuela-impersonating stint she did.

TlalocW
Leak

Post by Leak »

kingklash wrote:Makes me think of poor Yakumo in 3X3 Eyes, when he first gets killed after the Sanjiyan makes him her guardian. He doesn't quite figure out his body pulled itself together after getting smushed by a bus, but later on, he starts to take advantage of his new immortal, if sometimes painfully unwieldy status.
Ah yes, I probably should be re-reading that - but 40 volumes is a lot... :)
analyst

Post by analyst »

Shelly's dad has actually appeared, along about the block throwing incident. Or at least I thought that was her dad. Still no name though. (Let's see what are up to now, quintuple? hint, hint, hint, hint, hint.)
Graybeard

Post by Graybeard »

Fairportfan wrote:
Akeche wrote:Minutes before mine xP ... why don't other people post the actual comic in an img tag anyway?
Because it eats up Pablo's bandwidth without getting him ad clicks.

Hotlinking is generally considered Impolite at best.

Do a link to the page, if you want - but don't hotlink the actual image.
May I put in a +1 on this? Having the comic reachable by link, as opposed to hotlink, would be a good start to a thread, to make it easier to go back and cross-reference replies to what actually appears in the comic.
shadowinthelight

Post by shadowinthelight »

I think I added a link on the very first thread I started since that is how other forums I visit where the author/moderator starts the official daily thread usually handle things. No one else seemed to do so so I didn't keep it up. It actually surprised me when I first saw a forum where the whole comic was hotlinked. Of course it is Paul's decision but IMO providing a link to the current page would make a good addition to the official rules.
Julie, about Wapsi Square wrote:Oh goodness yes. So much paranormal!

Image My deviantART and YouTube.
I'm done thinking for today! It's caused me enough trouble!
Atomic

Post by Atomic »

Shadow -- good idea. Note to myself to do that if I get firsties!
Don't let other peoples limitations become your constraints!

My Deviant Art scribbles
The Atomic Guide to Basic GIMP Stuff
as363

Post by as363 »

One of the nice things about posting later in the day (besides getting to bed at a reasonable hour) is the ability to read all the posts and find the majority view as to the current goings-on. Having done that - it sure makes it a little easier to follow along - amd I can access the last several days easier - finding that they also are making more sense - in a Wapsi sort of way.
sonicthunder

Post by sonicthunder »

Now I can't help but picture Monica playing this off like a badass.

"Bah. Is that the best you've got? You two must be running low on ideas, your attempts at killing me are just getting pedestrian now."

That, or just have a bitter Monica get revenge.

"Bud. You punch a whole through yourself. That's an order, and the belly portal doesn't count. Shelly, I'm poiting you next to one of those "oysters" Jin and I found. You two have fun."
TheDOCTOR wrote: So....Its Official, Monica is now Captain Jacqueline (Jack) Harkness. :lol:
Shelly gets to transform into a giant cat-bird, and Monica gets to degrade into a giant floating head in a tube. The Face of Mo is not amused.
TheDOCTOR wrote: Say If Monicas' blood is Type "O" and shes a Universal donor then wouldn't she be able to 'save' people with a transfusion? :o Say another (Mortal) character gets hurt, Monica gives them a Transfusion and brings 'em back to a point where they could heal on their own. ;)
If the powers are linked to the knife embedded in her brain, her blood might not have healing properties, but maybe the knife does? Just have someone smash open her skull and chisel off a piece to rescue the dying friend. Painful but lifesaving.

Or better yet, just play surgeon and shove the entire spike in Jin's head. Restore her immortality, she'll just be the fragile member of the GGG.