Made A Difference 2017-06-22

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
Opus the Poet

Made A Difference 2017-06-22

Post by Opus the Poet »

http://wapsisquare.com/comic/made-a-difference/

Sometimes she seems so old, and other times she seems so young.
I ride my bike to ride my bike, and sometimes it takes me where I need to go.
AmriloJim
Location: 35ºN 101ºW (for the GPS-challenged, that's Amarillo TX)

Re: Made A Difference 2017-06-22

Post by AmriloJim »

Ahh... the epiphany we had hoped for.
AnotherFairportfan

Post by AnotherFairportfan »

Wow.

She needs some "Poor Baby" therapy...
Proof Positive the world is not flat: If it were, cats would have pushed everything off the edge by now.
Atomic

Post by Atomic »

Kind of like meeting one of your Elementary school teachers outside of class during the summer, and discovering they have a life, too!
Don't let other peoples limitations become your constraints!

My Deviant Art scribbles
The Atomic Guide to Basic GIMP Stuff
Dave

Post by Dave »

AmriloJim wrote:Ahh... the epiphany we had hoped for.
"We know that life is broken down into moments of transition, and moments of revelation. This has the feeling of both." (G'kaar, Babylon 5)

I'd guess that Castela's whole sense of the world, her family, and herself, has just been picked up and shaken not-so-gently and set back down again. It's the same world that was there a few minutes ago, but it looks a whole lot different than it did before!

Seeing how big a positive difference she made in Kath's life, just by being in it... well, that might help somewhat with the "issues" she's facing in her own life.
Catawampus

Post by Catawampus »

Atomic wrote:Kind of like meeting one of your Elementary school teachers outside of class during the summer, and discovering they have a life, too!
Wait, they do?! You mean that they don't just cocoon themselves up under their desks and hibernate between classes?
Dave wrote:Seeing how big a positive difference she made in Kath's life, just by being in it... well, that might help somewhat with the "issues" she's facing in her own life.
Or lead to a whole new set of issues.

"Wait. . .I'm influencing other people, and affecting their lives? But. . .but what sort of a person am I to be changing people, and how am I changing them?? Am I a good enough person to do this right?!?! I don't know!!!!!! AAAAAAAUUUUUUGH!"

*panics, flails around wildly, and vapourises half of Minneapolis*
illiad

Post by illiad »

Catawampus wrote: Or lead to a whole new set of issues.

"Wait. . .I'm influencing other people, and affecting their lives? But. . .but what sort of a person am I to be changing people, and how am I changing them?? Am I a good enough person to do this right?!?! I don't know!!!!!! AAAAAAAUUUUUUGH!"

*panics, flails around wildly, and vapourises half of Minneapolis*
Time to apologize and seek help from *mommy*, who will smile and say "awwww, my little girl is growing up... :D :D :mrgreen: "
Dave

Post by Dave »

Catawampus wrote:
Atomic wrote:Kind of like meeting one of your Elementary school teachers outside of class during the summer, and discovering they have a life, too!
Wait, they do?! You mean that they don't just cocoon themselves up under their desks and hibernate between classes?
That's so "old school" (literally). :P

In newer schools, they just go into the Teachers Lounge, step into their niches, and regenerate.

"Indiscipline is futile. You will be studyhalled."
chicgeek

Post by chicgeek »

Think about it-Atsali was how old when they were adopted? And Kath didn't change overnight. Atsali had to be a witness to her evolving, and understand a lot more. And what she didn't understand, she'd remember, and understand as she got older.
Castella was just so happy to be with Atsatli as a sister, and have a loving mom-remember every time she'd say 'Mama<3!', always with the hearts?
Poor kiddo. Growing up is hard.
Ursus

Post by Ursus »

Growing up is hard. One of the hardest things is the moment you realize your parents have a life beyond you, the child.
jwhouk

Post by jwhouk »

chicgeek wrote:Think about it-Atsali was how old when they were adopted? And Kath didn't change overnight. Atsali had to be a witness to her evolving, and understand a lot more. And what she didn't understand, she'd remember, and understand as she got older.
Castella was just so happy to be with Atsatli as a sister, and have a loving mom-remember every time she'd say 'Mama<3!', always with the hearts?
It's only been about three-four years in-comic.
"Character is what you are in the dark." - D.L. Moody
"You should never run from the voices in your head. That's how you give them power." - Jin
AnotherFairportfan

Post by AnotherFairportfan »

jwhouk wrote:
chicgeek wrote:Think about it-Atsali was how old when they were adopted? And Kath didn't change overnight. Atsali had to be a witness to her evolving, and understand a lot more. And what she didn't understand, she'd remember, and understand as she got older.
It's only been about three-four years in-comic.
Castela has gone from kindergarten to fifth grade.
Proof Positive the world is not flat: If it were, cats would have pushed everything off the edge by now.
Dave

Post by Dave »

AnotherFairportfan wrote:
jwhouk wrote:It's only been about three-four years in-comic.
Castela has gone from kindergarten to fifth grade.
A little kudzu DNA in her genome, a trace of a few gibberelins in her hot cocoa... she'll be a fast bloomer. :twisted: