Innocent Eyes 2017-06-14

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
FreeFlier

Re: Innocent Eyes 2017-06-14

Post by FreeFlier »

oldmanmickey wrote:Paul for sure caught the over the top reactions of kids to parents doing anything even remotely sexual. My 30 year old daughter with kids of her own will tell you she was conceived via immaculate conception because me or her mom never did things like that.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

My sister claims that our parents only had sex three times . . . Her boss claims she's an immaculate conception.

--FreeFlier
eee

Post by eee »

AmriloJim wrote:If Castela is so "innocent," then how can she use the word "canoodling" in its proper context?
Innocent is not the same as ignorant. She may have read a dictionary. :D
AnotherFairportfan

Post by AnotherFairportfan »

illiad wrote:
AnotherFairportfan wrote:
Favourite single strip - Art's reaction to a pint of Guinness perfectly matches my own.

I collected the ones i posted from Jolly Jack's DeviantArt gallery.
Linkies please!!! :D :E :)
Unfortunately, i don't have links to individual stories/sequences right off-hand.

Give me a while...
Proof Positive the world is not flat: If it were, cats would have pushed everything off the edge by now.
Catawampus

Post by Catawampus »

At least she didn't walk in on them licking each other's feet, or else the poor girl might have been traumatised for life.
AmriloJim wrote:If Castela is so "innocent," then how can she use the word "canoodling" in its proper context?
Perhaps noodles were being used offscreen?
AnotherFairportfan

Hmmm: Here're links to the "Rescue Scarlet's Sisters" story:

Prolog: http://www.collectedcurios.com/sequentialart.php?s=439

Squirrel girls: http://www.collectedcurios.com/sequentialart.php?s=448 to http://www.collectedcurios.com/sequentialart.php?s=517

Tracking down others may tak a while...
Proof Positive the world is not flat: If it were, cats would have pushed everything off the edge by now.
Gyrrakavian

Post by Gyrrakavian »

While innocent, most kids aren't stupid.
"Occam's razor is a fine thing, but the universe is a Rube-Goldberg machine."
AnotherFairportfan

Castela is about the same age and attitude Helen was when i met Kate.

I described this page to Kate and asked if it sounded like someone we knew. She agreed.

At one point in those early days, i had said something along the lines of "Now, see here, urchin..." when Helen said something snarky. She took too saying "Urchin alert! Urchin alert!" if she was \passing our bedroom.

Later, when Natalie was about two and Maggie four, they were announcing that they were hungry; i said something about feeding the baby birds.

Next thing we knew, Helen had the girls running around the apartment going "Bargain Bargain!"
lake_wrangler

Post by lake_wrangler »

AnotherFairportfan wrote:Favourite single strip - Art's reaction to a pint of Guinness perfectly matches my own.
Is that the one where he plops the mug upside down and removes it, and the Guinness stands there on its own? I'm pretty sure that's the comic I saw that in... :lol:
AnotherFairportfan

lake_wrangler wrote:
AnotherFairportfan wrote:Favourite single strip - Art's reaction to a pint of Guinness perfectly matches my own.
Is that the one where he plops the mug upside down and removes it, and the Guinness stands there on its own? I'm pretty sure that's the comic I saw that in... :lol:
That's it. Pip says "At least take a sip."

Art inverts the pint and lifts it, leaving the contents quivering like a gelatin mold, and says "A sip?"

Pip says hopefully, "A slice?"
TazManiac

Post by TazManiac »

Byrn has those heavy lidded peepers working for her...
AmriloJim
Location: 35ºN 101ºW (for the GPS-challenged, that's Amarillo TX)

Post by AmriloJim »

AnotherFairportfan wrote:Art inverts the pint and lifts it, leaving the contents quivering like a gelatin mold, and says "A sip?"
http://www.collectedcurios.com/sequentialart.php?s=520
jwhouk

Post by jwhouk »

TazManiac wrote:Byrn has those heavy lidded peepers working for her...
Do they still call that look "bedroom eyes"? Because it is heavily appropriate for Bryn.
"Character is what you are in the dark." - D.L. Moody
"You should never run from the voices in your head. That's how you give them power." - Jin
Gyrrakavian

Post by Gyrrakavian »

Then there's the mini-arc where Pip learns that tentacle rape hentai is wrong.
http://www.collectedcurios.com/sequentialart.php?s=995 to http://www.collectedcurios.com/sequentialart.php?s=998

Though, there's consentual tentacle pr0n for those who don't want to be total creeps about it. [It's a paraphilia, so it's still "weird"]
"Occam's razor is a fine thing, but the universe is a Rube-Goldberg machine."
TazManiac

Post by TazManiac »

jwhouk wrote:
TazManiac wrote:Byrn has those heavy lidded peepers working for her...
Do they still call that look "bedroom eyes"? Because it is heavily appropriate for Bryn.

Yeah, she looks like a gal w/ a double dose of nerve endings...
illiad

Post by illiad »

Ah, thanks, FPF!! :D : :mrgreen: :D

oh , and AmriloJim! :D

Gyrrakavian, you need to see '994' to understand..:P :)
AnotherFairportfan

"Okay, girls! I was finally talked into taking some of my vacation time!"

When i read that i assumed that it was her boss at the Museum who talked her into taking some time before too much piled up on the books.

Perhaps i had assumed incorrectly.
TazManiac

Post by TazManiac »

AnotherFairportfan wrote:"Okay, girls! I was finally talked into taking some of my vacation time!"
When i read that i assumed that it was her boss at the Museum who talked her into taking some time before too much piled up on the books.
Yeah, that makes sense, but it became apparent that 'somebody' talked her into going on vacation, and that someone was pool side with her... (I mean, it could have been that Bryn was someone Kath met at the Pool/Pub/Discotheque ... but I was pretty sure it wasn't work that boot'd her out to have fun somewhere.
Catawampus

Post by Catawampus »

AnotherFairportfan wrote:"Okay, girls! I was finally talked into taking some of my vacation time!"

Well, there is precedent at the museum for the boss telling the workers to take time off. Perhaps it was a bit of convincing from multiple directions that got Katherine to take a vacation?