Sharing Is Caring 2017-06-07

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
FreeFlier

Sharing Is Caring 2017-06-07

Post by FreeFlier »

Timmy seems awfully blase' about that sharing . . . I'd expect him to be scarlet too!

. . .

Lucky Timmy!

--FreeFlier
Gyrrakavian

Re: Sharing Is Caring 2017-06-07

Post by Gyrrakavian »

I wonder if Timmy and Atsali might be distant cousins.
"Occam's razor is a fine thing, but the universe is a Rube-Goldberg machine."
ChattaStarhawk

Post by ChattaStarhawk »

Gyrrakavian wrote:I wonder if Timmy and Atsali might be distant cousins.
No, that's just general male cluelessness, which happens all the time.
AnotherFairportfan

Post by AnotherFairportfan »

I think he catches on quicker than Big Bird.
Proof Positive the world is not flat: If it were, cats would have pushed everything off the edge by now.
Dave

Post by Dave »

FreeFlier wrote:Timmy seems awfully blase' about that sharing . . . I'd expect him to be scarlet too!
Or a similar color. Scarlet is a vulpine Para, and foxes aren't really scarlet.
Gyrrakavian wrote:No, that's just general male cluelessness, which happens all the time.
Something about a rush of blood away from the brain... tends to impair thinking...
Thor

Post by Thor »

Yeah, that looks exactly what was going on in my life when I was in 5th grade. With a few minor exceptions like:
  1. 1. Everything.
But had I had a girlfriend (or even knew what the big deal about girls was at that point) and had we been mostly undressed on a private beach while engaged in lotion play, we would have very likely been interrupted by whatever chaperone was in eyeshot much earlier in the process, even if we had just been goofing around like what these two assumedly are. Because frankly, the line between "goofing around" and tween parenthood is a little too permeable.
AmriloJim
Location: 35ºN 101ºW (for the GPS-challenged, that's Amarillo TX)

Post by AmriloJim »

Dave wrote:Something about a rush of blood away from the brain... tends to impair thinking...
In this case, though, there does not seem to have been any prior provocation to induce that state.
FreeFlier

Post by FreeFlier »

AmriloJim wrote:
Dave wrote:Something about a rush of blood away from the brain... tends to impair thinking...
In this case, though, there does not seem to have been any prior provocation to induce that state.
Scarlet is in a bikini.

That's enough.

--FreeFlier
AnotherFairportfan

FreeFlier wrote:
AmriloJim wrote:
Scarlet is in a bikini.

That's enough.

--FreeFlier
"The Curse of 12-year-old Boys"

Proof Positive the world is not flat: If it were, cats would have pushed everything off the edge by now.
Dave

Post by Dave »

Thor wrote:But had I had a girlfriend (or even knew what the big deal about girls was at that point) and had we been mostly undressed on a private beach while engaged in lotion play, we would have very likely been interrupted by whatever chaperone was in eyeshot much earlier in the process, even if we had just been goofing around like what these two assumedly are. Because frankly, the line between "goofing around" and tween parenthood is a little too permeable.
Yeah... worse than a pin-punctured condom (probably the worst-possible "practical joke" the human race has ever invented). Pregnancy may or may not be a risk for these two in particular but it's definitely an issue.

We don't really know how closely the animal-morph Paras hew to the biology of the species they resemble. Felids and canids aren't interfertile, and there isn't even full interfertility within the canids (foxes and dogs have different chromosome numbers and layouts and so cannot hybridize successfully). But when it comes to canidimorph and felidimorph Paras, who knows?

Seems like this could be a good summer job for Devyn: she could intern as a lifeguard-of-sorts for such outings. She's uniquely qualified to be able to dump some cold water into the heads of any overly-amorous couples among her beach-mates.

That might not do much for her popularity, though. :?
oldmanmickey

Post by oldmanmickey »

AmriloJim wrote:
At that age, breathing will induce that state.
Dear, don’t bore him with trivia or burden him with your past mistakes. The happiest way to deal with a man is never to tell him anything he does not need to know. L. Long
oldmanmickey

Post by oldmanmickey »

Dave wrote:
Thor wrote:But had I had a girlfriend (or even knew what the big deal about girls was at that point) and had we been mostly undressed on a private beach while engaged in lotion play, we would have very likely been interrupted by whatever chaperone was in eyeshot much earlier in the process, even if we had just been goofing around like what these two assumedly are. Because frankly, the line between "goofing around" and tween parenthood is a little too permeable.
Yeah... worse than a pin-punctured condom (probably the worst-possible "practical joke" the human race has ever invented). Pregnancy may or may not be a risk for these two in particular but it's definitely an issue.

We don't really know how closely the animal-morph Paras hew to the biology of the species they resemble. Felids and canids aren't interfertile, and there isn't even full interfertility within the canids (foxes and dogs have different chromosome numbers and layouts and so cannot hybridize successfully). But when it comes to canidimorph and felidimorph Paras, who knows?

Seems like this could be a good summer job for Devyn: she could intern as a lifeguard-of-sorts for such outings. She's uniquely qualified to be able to dump some cold water into the heads of any overly-amorous couples among her beach-mates.

That might not do much for her popularity, though. :?
That for sure would not win her any popularity points, at lest not among the kids. Parents on the other hand......
Dear, don’t bore him with trivia or burden him with your past mistakes. The happiest way to deal with a man is never to tell him anything he does not need to know. L. Long
Thor

Post by Thor »

oldmanmickey wrote:
AmriloJim wrote:
At that age, breathing will induce that state.
Depends on the 5th grader. According to Wikipedia, 5th graders in the US are 10-11 years old. For some of us at that age, sexual attraction was still years off. (I can tell you exactly when it happened for me, because my "OMFG, that's what everyone is going on about" penny didn't drop until the day of my 13th birthday...and boy did it drop hard!) For Timmy? It's hard to tell. It's obvious that he has romantic feelings for Scarlet, and likes (or at least has no exception to) physical contact. But has the Lust Monster awoken yet? If it has, then he's a paragon of control...with the obvious exception of an incident that make Pickle punch a wall.
FreeFlier

Post by FreeFlier »

I was starting to really notice before I was 10 . . . I'm not really sure when, and I wasn't really sure what to do about it then.

--FreeFlier
AnotherFairportfan

FreeFlier wrote:I was starting to really notice before I was 10 . . . I'm not really sure when, and I wasn't really sure what to do about it then.

--FreeFlier
Heh.

"If the dog caught the car, what would he do with it?"
FreeFlier

Post by FreeFlier »

AnotherFairportfan wrote:
FreeFlier wrote:I was starting to really notice before I was 10 . . . I'm not really sure when, and I wasn't really sure what to do about it then.
Heh.

That was about it.

Learning the answer didn't help the situation all that much, either.

--FreeFlier
Dave

Post by Dave »

AnotherFairportfan wrote:

--FreeFlier
Heh.

Heh heh...
Warrl

Post by Warrl »

oldmanmickey wrote:At that age, breathing will induce that state.
It starts at more-or-less that age. It doesn't stop there.

"I'm seventeen. Looking at linoleum makes me want to have sex." -- Xander
Thor wrote:(I can tell you exactly when it happened for me, because my "OMFG, that's what everyone is going on about" penny didn't drop until the day of my 13th birthday...and boy did it drop hard!)
"About that time the Puberty Gnome sprinted out from under a table, jumped up, and fetched me a right good thump betwixt the running lights with a solid oak cluebat.

I didn't realize until later that he took advantage of my dazed state to abscond with about 90% of my cognitive functions, including most of my fine motor control, communications skills, and powers of concentration and self-control." -- LawDog
lake_wrangler

Post by lake_wrangler »

AnotherFairportfan wrote:"If the dog caught the car, what would he do with it?"
I once had a dog that was always chasing butterflies. She was just so funny to watch, in her futile attempts at catching them in her mouth.

Until one day, she actually managed to catch one. Her look of cluelessness as to what to do next was simply hilarious! :lol:
Eventually, she opened her mouth, and it flew away.
FreeFlier

Post by FreeFlier »

Warrl wrote:
oldmanmickey wrote:At that age, breathing will induce that state.
It starts at more-or-less that age. It doesn't stop there.

"I'm seventeen. Looking at linoleum makes me want to have sex." -- Xander
Thor wrote:(I can tell you exactly when it happened for me, because my "OMFG, that's what everyone is going on about" penny didn't drop until the day of my 13th birthday...and boy did it drop hard!)
"About that time the Puberty Gnome sprinted out from under a table, jumped up, and fetched me a right good thump betwixt the running lights with a solid oak cluebat.

I didn't realize until later that he took advantage of my dazed state to abscond with about 90% of my cognitive functions, including most of my fine motor control, communications skills, and powers of concentration and self-control." -- LawDog
In another post, the 'dog also mentions that it wouldn't have really mattered if the girl in question was wearing a burqa, he still would have watched her move . . .

--FreeFlier