Nice Story 2012-10-12

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
Boxilar

Re: Nice Story 2012-10-12

Post by Boxilar »

I retract my earlier statement. It was Bud. Looking at the art on my bitty smartphones screen, I can see the neckline of the de-cardionator matches Bud's dress.

Guess the hatters will be hatting Bud now.
Boxilar

Post by Boxilar »

Bathorys Daughter wrote:
Fairportfan wrote:
Bathorys Daughter wrote: So, I guess Shelly's BF has some Phoenix blood too?
Nope - Justin is a pure Titan - Epimetheus, Prometheus's brother.
True, but Titans may also have Phoenix blood. Part of what makes them Titans maybe. These beings were fornicating left and right after all. Who knows what all their ancestry really includes.
A quote from a 90s incredible hulk comic goes, "You people will procreate with anything that isn't nailed down, won't you?"
MerchManDan

Post by MerchManDan »

Oh, THANKS Bud. :roll: Here I was, eagerly waiting for Mon's fully scientific explanation for how she managed to pull her own soul out of her body & put it back. Then you just HAD to punch her heart out through her ribcage. That is JUST SWELL.
"Give orange me give eat orange me eat orange give me eat orange give me you." - Nim the chimp
Animation courtesy of shadowinthelight (thanks again!)
lake_wrangler

Post by lake_wrangler »

shadowinthelight wrote:Bud, sweetie, the expression is "reach out and touch someone" not "reach through". :shock:
I'm guessing she'll owe Monica a good heartfelt apology, when it's all said and done. And not just a half-hearted one, either...

Drops important signs into the pun jar... so important, in fact, one might call them vital...
Dave

Post by Dave »

MerchManDan wrote:Oh, THANKS Bud. :roll: Here I was, eagerly waiting for Mon's fully scientific explanation for how she managed to pull her own soul out of her body & put it back. Then you just HAD to punch her heart out through her ribcage. That is JUST SWELL.
Based on yesterday's strip, Monica would have said that this was somehow due to her demons. Demons aren't fully scientific, but to Monica they are at least a known and somewhat understood phenomenon, and thus not too uncomfortable to contemplate.

Bud just needed to... uhm... demonstrate otherwise, I guess.
NOTDilbert

Post by NOTDilbert »

Several people have mentioned that many of the Paranormal cast must have Phoenix blood because they heal so fast. I tend to think there's more than one basis for Rapid Parnormal Healing - just none that have been detailed, other than just being supernatural.....
"Imagination is more important than Knowledge" - Albert Einstein
"History doesn't repeat itself, but it DOES rhyme" - Mark Twain
"Always. Expect. Ninjas." - Syndey Scoville
Bathorys Daughter

Post by Bathorys Daughter »

Boxilar wrote:I retract my earlier statement. It was Bud. Looking at the art on my bitty smartphones screen, I can see the neckline of the de-cardionator matches Bud's dress.

Guess the hatters will be hatting Bud now.
That may be what it is, but when you blow it up you see the "neckline" part is gray, like the background, and not white (or whiteish, like her arm). It could just as well be the gap between the figure behind Monica and Monica's hairline. It just happens to look like the plunging neckline Bud is sporting. So who knows. Not likely to be the companion though. Too tall.
A society should not be judged on how it treats its outstanding citizens but by how it treats its criminals... ~ Fyodor Dostoevsky.
Radio365

Post by Radio365 »

Well it's about time!

Seriously I was about to get fed up with Monica just. NOT. GETTING IT!
Stigmartyr762

Post by Stigmartyr762 »

Inability to deal with reality? How's this for a wake up call? LMMFAO!!!
There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.
Casey

Post by Casey »

I know Monica wasn't getting it, but that seems a bit heartless.

Join us on Monday for the heart-wrenching conclusion to this story arc.

Between them they have the power of three of the Planeteers. Monica is obviously fire. Shelly, as we've seen earlier, is air (do the windy thing). Bud? Heart.

How much do I owe the pun jar for that? is there even enough money in the world?
Fairportfan

Post by Fairportfan »

NOTDilbert wrote:Several people have mentioned that many of the Paranormal cast must have Phoenix blood because they heal so fast. I tend to think there's more than one basis for Rapid Parnormal Healing - just none that have been detailed, other than just being supernatural.....
We've been given to understand that Justin heals so quickly because he's a Titan.

(I originally typed "told", but i'm not sure we were told in so many words... wasn't it Phix? And she's demonstrated that she can be Quite Misleading without actually lying.)
Last edited by Fairportfan on Fri Oct 12, 2012 2:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Not even duct tape can fix stupid. But it can muffle the noise.
=====================
Peace through superior firepower - ain't nothin' more peaceful than a dead troublemaker.
=====================
mike weber
Fairportfan

Post by Fairportfan »

Bathorys Daughter wrote:That may be what it is, but when you blow it up you see the "neckline" part is gray, like the background, and not white (or whiteish, like her arm). It could just as well be the gap between the figure behind Monica and Monica's hairline. It just happens to look like the plunging neckline Bud is sporting. So who knows. Not likely to be the companion though. Too tall.
Wossname - the Shadow Girl? We were introduced to her in a way that suggested she would be Very Important ... but we haven't seen her since.
Not even duct tape can fix stupid. But it can muffle the noise.
=====================
Peace through superior firepower - ain't nothin' more peaceful than a dead troublemaker.
=====================
mike weber
sonicthunder

Post by sonicthunder »

Monica: "Pff. This is no different than the last dozen times you two tried to kill me."

Monica inserting her "control" on Bud to reinsert her place in this trio seems more and more tempting now, doesn't it?

Funny thought: Now's the perfect time for Brandi to pay an unexpected visit.
Jay-Em

Post by Jay-Em »

Well now, that's a rather grisly way of making a point...

Effective, but grisly, and messy, and unpleasant.
but, why 42?
---------------
Against the assault of laughter nothing can stand. (S. Clemens)
Jay-Em

Post by Jay-Em »

lake_wrangler wrote:
shadowinthelight wrote:Bud, sweetie, the expression is "reach out and touch someone" not "reach through". :shock:
I'm guessing she'll owe Monica a good heartfelt apology, when it's all said and done. And not just a half-hearted one, either...

Drops important signs into the pun jar... so important, in fact, one might call them vital...
Ohkay.. Nów You did it. The Pun-Jar has sublimated and gone into a non-euclidial dimension, out of a heartfelt fear of exploding.... In short: It fled.
but, why 42?
---------------
Against the assault of laughter nothing can stand. (S. Clemens)
MrFireDragon

Post by MrFireDragon »

Quoting one of the Wesley twins...

Monica must feel saintlike.....you know holey....

Drops an acme portable hole to the punjar.......oooops not a good idea...
"Live, Laugh, Love and Keep Moving Forward." MrFireDragon
Atomic

Post by Atomic »

kingklash wrote:Well, I'm pumped.

*adds enough spare change to build a new atrium*
I'd say your Atrium meta-pun is leading the pack so far. Well done! +1
Don't let other peoples limitations become your constraints!

My Deviant Art scribbles
The Atomic Guide to Basic GIMP Stuff
s-o

Post by s-o »

Well, if that damaged Monicas expensive bra, someone is in real trouble ...
chaotik74

Post by chaotik74 »

You know, it's entirely possible that whoever did do the heart-shove trick MAY have crossed a line there. seriously. immortal or no (if she was invulnerable she couldn't have her heart ripped out in the first place) denial or no, that's just WRONG.
Bud_Fanboi

Post by Bud_Fanboi »

Dangit Shelly I wanted to hear the explanation she was gonna give, but guess her heart just wasn't in it.