Born Sassy 2017-05-10

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
lake_wrangler

Born Sassy 2017-05-10

Post by lake_wrangler »

An early one, tonight...

So Digit is good at humour, but not quite there yet on the facial expressiveness...

"You're smiling, aren't you?" :lol:

I don't know... her face looks the same, from one panel to the next...
Dave

Re: Born Sassy 2017-05-10

Post by Dave »

If she ever learns to play poker... may Ghu have mercy on her opponents. :lol:

I'm definitely jealous of her in a way. I too find it difficult to keep from cracking up during the set-up, and my face usually gives me away. (That, and the great long-suffering experience of my usual targets. My wife has a tendency to scowl at me before I finish talking, and say "OK, what's the pun?")
FreeFlier

Post by FreeFlier »

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Well, she does have an advantage at keeping a straight face, but giggling would give the game away.

--FreeFlier
AnotherFairportfan

Post by AnotherFairportfan »

Dave wrote:If she ever learns to play poker... may Ghu have mercy on her opponents. :lol:

I'm definitely jealous of her in a way. I too find it difficult to keep from cracking up during the set-up, and my face usually gives me away. (That, and the great long-suffering experience of my usual targets. My wife has a tendency to scowl at me before I finish talking, and say "OK, what's the pun?")
I, OTOH, seem to manage to sell the setup quite well - it sometimes takes my victims a second or two to realise they've been had.
Proof Positive the world is not flat: If it were, cats would have pushed everything off the edge by now.
Typeminer

Post by Typeminer »

AnotherFairportfan wrote:
Dave wrote:If she ever learns to play poker... may Ghu have mercy on her opponents. :lol:

I, OTOH, seem to manage to sell the setup quite well - it sometimes takes my victims a second or two to realise they've been had.
My ex says--quite often--that no one understands my jokes. But she does admit that I'm a master baker. Or something like that. :mrgreen:
Saccharomyces cerevisiae is the linchpin of civilization.
AnotherFairportfan

Post by AnotherFairportfan »

Typeminer wrote:

My ex says--quite often--that no one understands my jokes. But she does admit that I'm a master baker. Or something like that. :mrgreen:
I'm not taking that bait.
Proof Positive the world is not flat: If it were, cats would have pushed everything off the edge by now.
FreeFlier

Post by FreeFlier »

In high school and into college, I made a specialty of shaggy dog jokes . . . My personal best was slightly over fifteen minutes to tell the Kludgemaker, and a full thirty seconds before the victim reacted.

By which time I was long gone.

--FreeFlier
oldmanmickey

Post by oldmanmickey »

note to self, never get in a comic competition with this bunch
Dear, don’t bore him with trivia or burden him with your past mistakes. The happiest way to deal with a man is never to tell him anything he does not need to know. L. Long
TazManiac

Post by TazManiac »

FreeFlier wrote: In high school and into college, I made a specialty of shaggy dog jokes . . . My personal best was slightly over fifteen minutes to tell the Kludgemaker, and a full thirty seconds before the victim reacted.

By which time I was long gone.

--FreeFlier

"They'll fall off on their own..."
Catawampus

Post by Catawampus »

So instead of putting on their sassy-pants in the morning, jumping spiders ready their sassy-spinnerets?
Armorlord

Post by Armorlord »

The mention of twentysomethings and it seeming to refer to Digit has me nervously looking around for another timeskip somewhere..
"Talking to you is sort of the conversational equivalent of an out-of-body experience." -Susie (Calvin and Hobbes)
Dave

Post by Dave »

Catawampus wrote:So instead of putting on their sassy-pants in the morning, jumping spiders ready their sassy-spinnerets?
Yup. While a human might have a sassy-pants valet, a jumping spider would have a sassy 'ret butler. I'm sure Scarlet could confirm that.
Last edited by Dave on Wed May 10, 2017 10:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
FreeFlier

Post by FreeFlier »

Oh, and wouldn't Digit have been hatched sassy?

--FreeFlier
Opus the Poet

Post by Opus the Poet »

Still born, but not birthed.
I ride my bike to ride my bike, and sometimes it takes me where I need to go.
TazManiac

Post by TazManiac »

Shades of Mrs. Jessica Rabbit, which btw, was the 1st Laser Disk I ever owned...

"I'm not Bad, I'm just drawn that way..."