Better Not Knowing 2017-05-09

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
AnotherFairportfan

Better Not Knowing 2017-05-09

Post by AnotherFairportfan »

Last edited by AnotherFairportfan on Tue May 09, 2017 12:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Proof Positive the world is not flat: If it were, cats would have pushed everything off the edge by now.
jeffepp

Re: Better Not Knowing 2017-05-08

Post by jeffepp »

She isn't upset about the rooftop thing, so much as that SOMEONE didn't think she could spell roof.
Catawampus

Post by Catawampus »

The roof will set you free! Free to watch your friend have a meltdown, at least.
Eh, I'm not sure about that. The only control issues that Devyn seems to have involve sending everybody off to her personal version of Silent Hill, which is apparently scary to the unprepared but not actually physically dangerous. With the others, you have the danger of Atsali kicking your head off, or Daylla biting you, or Castela vapourising the neighbourhood, and who knows who else doing what else.
jeffepp wrote:She isn't upset about the rooftop thing, so much as that SOMEONE didn't think she could spell roof.
I doubt that Alexis was trying to keep it a secret from Devyn by spelling it out. From the way she's reacting to Devyn's outburst, she just seems confused as to why Devyn is upset over a mention of lunch on the roof.
AmriloJim
Location: 35ºN 101ºW (for the GPS-challenged, that's Amarillo TX)

Post by AmriloJim »

FPF, please fix the date.
Gyrrakavian

Post by Gyrrakavian »

I'm just going to go out on a limb here and guess that Devyn is a big slice-of-life high school anime fan.
"Occam's razor is a fine thing, but the universe is a Rube-Goldberg machine."
lake_wrangler

Post by lake_wrangler »

Catawampus wrote:
Eh, I'm not sure about that. The only control issues that Devyn seems to have involve sending everybody off to her personal version of Silent Hill, which is apparently scary to the unprepared but not actually physically dangerous. With the others, you have the danger of Atsali kicking your head off, or Daylla biting you, or Castela vapourising the neighbourhood, and who knows who else doing what else.
I won't go looking for it right now, but there was mention of her devastating a 10 block area of the city she was in at the time...
FreeFlier

Post by FreeFlier »

lake_wrangler wrote:
Catawampus wrote:
I won't go looking for it right now, but there was mention of her devastating a 10 block area of the city she was in at the time...
Devyn and Alexis . . . Alexis was quite embarrassed.

I don't remember Daylla biting, though.

--FreeFlier
Dave

Post by Dave »

FreeFlier wrote:.I don't remember Daylla biting, though.
We can thank Pickle for that.
AnotherFairportfan

AmriloJim wrote:FPF, please fix the date.
I swear - i thought i made sure. Dammit.
Proof Positive the world is not flat: If it were, cats would have pushed everything off the edge by now.
AnotherFairportfan

Re: Better Not Knowing 2017-05-09

Date fixt
FreeFlier

Post by FreeFlier »

Dave wrote:
Ah . . . implied, not confirmed.

--FreeFlier
Dave

Post by Dave »

FreeFlier wrote:
Dave wrote:
Ah . . . implied, not confirmed.
Correct. Although, it might be hard to find confirmation in any case.

I have a feeling that if Daylla did bite someone, there might not be anything at all left. No evidence...
oldmanmickey

Post by oldmanmickey »

There is not a single member of that group i would want to keep a secret from
Dear, don’t bore him with trivia or burden him with your past mistakes. The happiest way to deal with a man is never to tell him anything he does not need to know. L. Long
sheik

Post by sheik »

jeffepp wrote:She isn't upset about the rooftop thing, so much as that SOMEONE didn't think she could spell roof.
I think it more likely she's more upset about being the very last to know, and the spelling was just rubbing it in.
DilyV

Post by DilyV »

Seems Alexis tends to wear her skirts a wee bit shorter than maybe the school rules might allow... okay... a LOT shorter...
You know that light at the end of the tunnel?

Yeah... it's a bullet. Sorry.
TazManiac

Post by TazManiac »

DilyV wrote:Seems Alexis tends to wear her skirts a wee bit shorter than maybe the school rules might allow... okay... a LOT shorter...
Yeah, it's like she's wearing a shorter girl's skirt, then when you ask it's like 'Whaaaat?, it's not my fault my legs are so long...'
Catawampus

Post by Catawampus »

DilyV wrote:Seems Alexis tends to wear her skirts a wee bit shorter than maybe the school rules might allow... okay... a LOT shorter...
Perhaps it's a senior year privilege? Or maybe she's just merely skirting the edge of the rules while those in authority hem and haw over dressing her down.

I wonder how often paranormal students try getting away with supposed species-related excuses? "But sir, I have to wear my skirt this short: I breathe through pores on my upper thighs!"
AnotherFairportfan

TazManiac wrote:
Yeah, it's like she's wearing a shorter girl's skirt, then when you ask it's like 'Whaaaat?, it's not my fault my legs are so long...'
Have you looked at Atsali's skirts?

Or any of the other seniors?
skirting_the_issue.jpg
skirting_the_issue.jpg (118.54 KiB) Viewed 11335 times
At least they're eighteen now, so when i look at a page and thing "Naughty Catholic School Girls at Play", i only have to feel like a DOM, and not a total perve.
TazManiac

Post by TazManiac »

http://bluesbrothersofficialsite.com/gi ... e-girl.htm
SCENE 168
He leaves to greet the new customers.
The waiter pours champagne for Elwood and Jake. Elwood holds up his water glass.
WAITER: Wrong glass sir.
Elwood and Jake both are slurping their champagne loudly. Elwood is tossing shrimp into Jake's mouth.
SCENE 169
Jake slides over and growls at Dad through a mouthful of shrimp.
JAKE: With a fake accent. How much for the little girl?... the women ... how much for the women?
DAD: What ... ?
JAKE: Your women... I want to buy your women… the little girl, your daughters... sell them to me... sell me your children....
DAD: Maited'! Maitred'!