Better Not Knowing 2017-05-09

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
Gyrrakavian

Re: Better Not Knowing 2017-05-09

Post by Gyrrakavian »

Perhaps the schol faculty has some dirty old (and I do mean OLD) letches on staff who know that so long as the skirt length is optional, they can get away with letting the 18 year old seniors get away with skirts that are quite short.

Thankfully Zeus is 'locked out' so to speak. If I lived in the Wapsiverse and had a daughter, I wouldn't want Zues in an adjacent dimension, let alone the same one as my hypothetical daughter.
"Occam's razor is a fine thing, but the universe is a Rube-Goldberg machine."
Warrl

Post by Warrl »

Thankfully Zeus is 'locked out' so to speak. If I lived in the Wapsiverse and had a daughter, I wouldn't want Zues in an adjacent dimension, let alone the same one as my hypothetical daughter.
Good call. Zeus' godly powers did not include the ability to keep it in his toga.
Dave

Post by Dave »

Warrl wrote:
Good call. Zeus' godly powers did not include the ability to keep it in his toga.
True. However, in the modern world (if he could get here past the Grid), he isn't likely to be able to have his way with daughters like he used to back in the day.

I admit to not having actually done the research, but I rather suspect that most tween girls these days would put golden showers in the "Ewwww!" category.
FreeFlier

Post by FreeFlier »

. . .

There's a pun here about carrots, I know it . . .

--FreeFlier
illiad

Post by illiad »

TazManiac wrote:http://bluesbrothersofficialsite.com/gi ... e-girl.htm
SCENE 168
He leaves to greet the new customers.
The waiter pours champagne for Elwood and Jake. Elwood holds up his water glass.
WAITER: Wrong glass sir.
Elwood and Jake both are slurping their champagne loudly. Elwood is tossing shrimp into Jake's mouth.
SCENE 169
Jake slides over and growls at Dad through a mouthful of shrimp.
JAKE: With a fake accent. How much for the little girl?... the women ... how much for the women?
DAD: What ... ?
JAKE: Your women... I want to buy your women… the little girl, your daughters... sell them to me... sell me your children....
DAD: Maited'! Maitred'!

:lol: :roll: :D for those who have not seen the film, they are blackmailing the guy (AL) to get him to leave his Maître d'hôtel / head waiter job to come back to the old band...
Last edited by illiad on Wed May 17, 2017 5:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Alkarii

Post by Alkarii »

I haven't seen that movie in a long time, but it was pretty great. I just hope Hollywood doesn't try to do a remake, because they'll screw it up badly.
There is no such thing as a science experiment gone wrong.
AnotherFairportfan

Post by AnotherFairportfan »

Alkarii wrote:I haven't seen that movie in a long time, but it was pretty great. I just hope Hollywood doesn't try to do a remake, because they'll screw it up badly.
I wasn't all that impressed; and i believe there's already BEEN a second Blues Brothers film... Yep.

{If you're familiar with the "Went to see a fight and a hockey game kept interrupting" bit, Roger Ebert's review of Blues Brothers 2000 basically boils down to "A lot of good music that a mediocre film keeps interrupting".}
Proof Positive the world is not flat: If it were, cats would have pushed everything off the edge by now.
Typeminer

Post by Typeminer »

The review of Blues Brothers that I remember said that it accounted for most of Chrysler's sales that year.
Saccharomyces cerevisiae is the linchpin of civilization.
AnotherFairportfan

Post by AnotherFairportfan »

Typeminer wrote:The review of Blues Brothers that I remember said that it accounted for most of Chrysler's sales that year.
It certainly reduced the available number of Dodge Monacos with police packages.

Christine pretty much sucked up all the 1958 Furies (and a bunch of Dodge Belvederes) that were on the market... (I may be wrong, but the number 36 is echoing around in my head.)

And every one of them painted in a paint job the factory never offered.
Proof Positive the world is not flat: If it were, cats would have pushed everything off the edge by now.