Rainbows 2012-10-11

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
shadowinthelight

Re: Rainbows 2012-10-11

Post by shadowinthelight »

I have to question why they have such sour expressions. Astral fire + rainbow methane cloud would make for an AWESOME looking fireball.
Julie, about Wapsi Square wrote:Oh goodness yes. So much paranormal!

Image My deviantART and YouTube.
I'm done thinking for today! It's caused me enough trouble!
DinkyInky

Post by DinkyInky »

shadowinthelight wrote:I have to question why they have such sour expressions. Astral fire + rainbow methane cloud would make for an AWESOME looking fireball.
Berwyn!
Yanno how some people have Angels/Devils for a conscience? I have a Dark Elf ShadowKnight and a Half Elf Ranger for mine. The really bad part is when they agree on something.

Aphyon chu kissa whol l'jaed.
--Safyr Drathmir
ShadOBabe

Post by ShadOBabe »

Like someone already mentioned, I'm actually a little surprised she's so doubtful.
She's met trickster deities, little blue alcohol deities, titans, golems, sphinxes, demons, and tons of other things. Plus her dog knows how to order pizza.
Why is a phoenix so unbelievable? Or a unicorn for that matter? Cerberi and Stinky are in this universe after all.

EDIT: Perhaps the fact that they EXIST isn't too shocking to her, but the idea that she "has phoenix blood" is what's hard for her to believe. I mean, the phoenix is mythical, but it's a mythical ANIMAL, not a BEING like a titan or sphinx. Of course, that might not be necessarily true in this comic. Mythology has some weird freaking stuff in it. For example, two of Loki's kids are an eight-legged horse and a giant wolf.
Jabberwonky

Post by Jabberwonky »

Hey, we are working with the Greco-Roman deities...Zeus has been know to use the form of swans, bulls, and a 'golden shower' :o
"The price of perfection is prohibitive." - Anonymous
MrFireDragon

Post by MrFireDragon »

Jabberwonky wrote:Hey, we are working with the Greco-Roman deities...Zeus has been know to use the form of swans, bulls, and a 'golden shower' :o
Unicorn golden shower that creates magic rainbows perhaps? OMG Zeus is Monica's dad?
"Live, Laugh, Love and Keep Moving Forward." MrFireDragon
ShadOBabe

Post by ShadOBabe »

Jabberwonky wrote:Hey, we are working with the Greco-Roman deities...Zeus has been know to use the form of swans, bulls, and a 'golden shower' :o
LOL!! Tepoztecatl isn't Greco-Roman!!
I think in Wapsi Square, ALL the deities and creatures from ancient societies are hanging around.
chalcara

Post by chalcara »

Well, asides from Monica simply not believing, there are two other options to consider.

1. Monica is deliberatly playing up her denseness in order to teach them a lesson of the "How about I act exactly as stupid as you apperantly think I am" variant. That would be quite nasty of Monica, though.

2. Monica is honestly believing Shelly played a prank on her and Bud's now playing along. I mean, Shelly IS the girl that set off the car-alarm to sneak into her friends office, blew up her grill to flirt with her Beau and painted circles on her eyelids to win a staring contest. Bud's no stranger to prank behavior too - just remember how stupid she acted towards the police or when she ripped off her clothes and quoted McBeth to stun reporters.
Bigger powers mean bigger possibilites for pranks and their smugness nicely fits into a prank gone right.
TheDOCTOR
Location: Pittsburgh,Pa. via Gallifrey, in Constallation of Kastaborus

Post by TheDOCTOR »

Any second now.....Monica is going to get "Dope-slapped" by either Acacia or Shelly. I think they are now mentally tossing a coin for it.
Yamara

Post by Yamara »

What with all these betta and phoenix emissions, it's little wonder the 13th bak'tun is the end of the world.

Global warming isn't a myth.

Myth is causing global warming.
PunPalsm the fastest way to pay the pun jar

Do Not Taunt Happy Fun Baal.
Jürgen A. Erhard

Post by Jürgen A. Erhard »

ShadOBabe wrote:Like someone already mentioned, I'm actually a little surprised she's so doubtful.
She's met trickster deities, little blue alcohol deities, titans, golems, sphinxes, demons, and tons of other things. Plus her dog knows how to order pizza.
Why is a phoenix so unbelievable? Or a unicorn for that matter? Cerberi and Stinky are in this universe after all.

EDIT: Perhaps the fact that they EXIST isn't too shocking to her, but the idea that she "has phoenix blood" is what's hard for her to believe. I mean, the phoenix is mythical, but it's a mythical ANIMAL, not a BEING like a titan or sphinx. Of course, that might not be necessarily true in this comic. Mythology has some weird freaking stuff in it. For example, two of Loki's kids are an eight-legged horse and a giant wolf.
I think she simple doesn't want to believe herself being something like Shelly or... Phix. Having mythical shit around her is one thing, but being one herself? And she found a nice way out of having to believe that.
kingklash

Post by kingklash »

Somehow, it's harder to believe that Moni is a lactose-intolerant Siamese Fighting Fish.
Julie

Post by Julie »

My2Cents wrote:Phoenix blood?

We just got done adjusting Shelly’s family tree, and at least her mom was humanoid and her grandmother a shapeshifter in human form.

But there is a bird (phoenix) in Monica’s family tree? Someone’s got some real explaining to do.
And possibly some mechanics that shouldn’t be discussed.

So, when does this ancestor show up and explain things? Shelly’s did.
Who says that phoenixes have to be birds? :) Remember, in Wapsi World, we learn that the myths we've been taught aren't necessarily indicative of what really happened. It could be that phoenixes are people who wield astral fire (and by wield I mean their bodies end up engulfed in flame like M's was), and maybe they looked a bit like birds while they were in flames...hence the development of the myth that phoenixes are birds. :) It could be true...and it would save us from trying to figure out how M has a bird in her family tree.

(Bahaha! Bird in a tree...I should probably pay the Pun Vault for that one even though I didn't even realize what I was saying until I typed it...ummm...*tosses in a small potted pear tree and one frightened partridge*)
"Just open your eyes
And see that life is beautiful."
Julie

Post by Julie »

Dave wrote:"And, see - my feet are muddy, because I'm still in de Nile."

Ask... receive answer... deny and dodge answer... lather, rinse, repeat.

I have to say, that's the best set of stereoscopic "We Are Not Amused" expressions I've seen in a long time.
Yeah...the people who said M would be in serious denial about this were dead on target...and I'm looking forward to the follow-through on those expressions on Shelly and Bud's faces. :D
"Just open your eyes
And see that life is beautiful."
Hansontoons

Post by Hansontoons »

What a ripping good yarn! Monica is on the scent of a new development!

Adding contents of wallet to pun-gent jar...
Aleister Crow

Post by Aleister Crow »

And this is why you can't just tell Monica things. There's an easy way to learn things, and a hard way. Monica just chose the "so hard it's lucky I can't die or this would probably kill me" way.

You were just completely engulfed in flames before being sucked out of and back into your body! Why is Phoenix blood so hard to accept? :roll:
Whoever coined the phrase "more fun than a barrel of monkeys" obviously never spent an afternoon cramming the little buggers into one.
TlalocW

Post by TlalocW »

Today's comic ends with Bud and Shelly just staring at Monica.

Tomorrow, first panel: Upper third of Monica staring back, wide-eyed, asking, "What? What???"
Second panel: Pulled back view of all of Monica asking, "C'mon, you guys!!! What?" with a rainbow coming out of her ass.

TlalocW
bmonk

Post by bmonk »

Looks to me like M's de-Nile just rose from the ashes of its flameout. The little Phoenix with the rack is gonna be in for a big surprise.
TheSkulker

Post by TheSkulker »

Now thats an astral projection!

Yeah, yeah. I know. I'm diggin'
We want to see the unexpected! The strange and terrible!
A dream merely soothes - but our nightmares make us run!
GG 07-15-13
Yamara

Post by Yamara »

ShadOBabe wrote:
LOL!! Tepoztecatl isn't Greco-Roman!!
I think in Wapsi Square, ALL the deities and creatures from ancient societies are hanging around.
And don't you dare mention Amenhotep IV.
PunPalsm the fastest way to pay the pun jar

Do Not Taunt Happy Fun Baal.
illiad

Post by illiad »

Jürgen A. Erhard wrote:I think she simple doesn't want to believe herself being something like Shelly or... Phix. Having mythical shit around her is one thing, but being one herself? And she found a nice way out of having to believe that.
yeah...

" I'm sick of all these damned supernatural things! they should be just a book in a normal library! I just want a NORMAL life!!!!! bwaaaaahhhh!!!! :x :x :x :x "