For Later 2017-04-27

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
AmriloJim
Location: 35ºN 101ºW (for the GPS-challenged, that's Amarillo TX)

For Later 2017-04-27

Post by AmriloJim »

Opus the Poet

Re: For Later 2017-04-27

Post by Opus the Poet »

Yay Georgette!

And Digit is learning about humans and their social habits.
I ride my bike to ride my bike, and sometimes it takes me where I need to go.
Dave

Post by Dave »

Is that the first time we've ever heard Digit use a colloquial phrase rather than strict "correct English"?

(She said "went good" rather than "went well")

It's good to see that 'Jet is cool with a newly-humanoid Digit being part of the household. It went well. ;)
jeffepp

Post by jeffepp »

The other mommy! At least she won't lack for emotional support.
Gyrrakavian

Post by Gyrrakavian »

I was wondering where Georgette was.
"Occam's razor is a fine thing, but the universe is a Rube-Goldberg machine."
TazManiac

Post by TazManiac »

I have coin'd 'Joe-Jette' and it's good to see her...
TheCollector

Post by TheCollector »

Jet!!

I was most looking forward to this shift back to Monica because of her adoption of Digit because we'd finally get to see Jet again and here she is!! :D
AnotherFairportfan

Post by AnotherFairportfan »

I forgot how tall Jet is.
Proof Positive the world is not flat: If it were, cats would have pushed everything off the edge by now.
Hansontoons

Post by Hansontoons »

So- the indication of coloring on Jett's knuckles. She been fighting or would it be scar tissue?
Thor

Post by Thor »

Wait, wait, wait...

She calls Monica "Ms. Villarreal", but calls Jet "Georgette"?

:?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?:
Dave

Post by Dave »

Thor wrote:Wait, wait, wait...

Feeling more comfortable about her overall situation, and thus less of a need to be cautiously formal?

Adopting Monica's phrasing, perhaps? Monica had probably told her that "Georgette" would be back soon.

Recognizing the power difference between Monica (the Jaguar Girl who talks with demons and walks into the land of the dead; an effectively-immortal sub-Titan capable of slaying demigods) and Georgette (a supermodel)? Obviously, 'Jet has such a superior social status that she simply doesn't need the ego-boost of a formal "Ms." ;)
Hansontoons wrote:So- the indication of coloring on Jett's knuckles. She been fighting or would it be scar tissue?
Just helping Jill keep faith. The new restaurant's opening celebration was supposed to include the serving of a big bowl of punch, but the supplier goofed and didn't bring it... so 'Jet offered to fill in as necessary.
FreeFlier

Post by FreeFlier »

Georgette may have insisted previously . . . or it may be because Ms. goes with the last name, and Georgette "doesn't have" a last name.

--FreeFlier
Thor

Post by Thor »

Hansontoons wrote:So- the indication of coloring on Jett's knuckles. She been fighting or would it be scar tissue?
http://wapsisquare.com/comic/loss-for-words/
Warrl

Post by Warrl »

FreeFlier wrote:

Georgette may have insisted previously . . . or it may be because Ms. goes with the last name, and Georgette "doesn't have" a last name.

--FreeFlier
Georgette's sister's last name is Sundahl, and since there's no mention of either of them ever having had a husband it's assumed that Georgette's is also.

The sister (Jill) is an excellent chef, so can provide the plate; Georgette is thin enough to be used as a gnomon.
Dave

Post by Dave »

Warrl wrote:
Georgette's sister's last name is Sundahl, and since there's no mention of either of them ever having had a husband it's assumed that Georgette's is also.
I have the feeling (from memory and a brief archive dive) that Georgette may use just her first name as her "professional" name... that she's almost always referred to as "Georgette" (with the implication that she is the Georgette). This could easily slop over onto her social relationships as well.

She might only use her family name when signing documents, and Digit might never (or only rarely) have heard "Sundahl".
FreeFlier

Post by FreeFlier »

Dave wrote:
Warrl wrote:Georgette's sister's last name is Sundahl, and since there's no mention of either of them ever having had a husband it's assumed that Georgette's is also.
I have the feeling (from memory and a brief archive dive) that Georgette may use just her first name as her "professional" name... that she's almost always referred to as "Georgette" (with the implication that she is the Georgette). This could easily slop over onto her social relationships as well.

She might only use her family name when signing documents, and Digit might never (or only rarely) have heard "Sundahl".
Precisely.

Even if Digit has heard Sundahl, she may not connect it to Georgette . . . not all human cultures use a last name, and in some that do, family members may not share the same one.

--FreeFlier
Just Old Al

Post by Just Old Al »

Warrl wrote: The sister (Jill) is an excellent chef, so can provide the plate; Georgette is thin enough to be used as a gnomon.
And that should have remained in shadow, he said... you are not going to collect our un-dial-ing affection for statements like that.
"The Empire was founded on cups of tea, mate, and if you think I am going to war without one you are sadly mistaken."
Hansontoons

Post by Hansontoons »

Thor wrote:
Your Archive-fu is strong...

There is a hint of shading on her knuckles, today's seems a bit darker to my observation. Either she's been a busy girl since we've last seen her and the scarring has been built upon, or there was reason to offer someone a knuckle sammich recently. :)
TazManiac

Post by TazManiac »

Thor wrote:
(sigh) I miss Tina...
Thor

Post by Thor »

TazManiac wrote:
Thor wrote:
(sigh) I miss Tina...
Yeah, I was sad when Phix finally killed and ate her. :(