In Real LIfe 2017-04-10

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
lake_wrangler

In Real LIfe 2017-04-10

Post by lake_wrangler »

Is Monica laughing so hard she's seeing stars? Or planetoids, or whatever those things are?

I guess that answers the question someone had about Shelly's reaction...

Quick! Someone needs to draw that wall, with a Shelly-shaped hole in it! :lol:

Funny: Digit's lack of emoting comes across, today, as a constantly surprised look... 8-)
AmriloJim
Location: 35ºN 101ºW (for the GPS-challenged, that's Amarillo TX)

Re: In Real LIfe 2017-04-10

Post by AmriloJim »

Digit appears to be familiar with the artwork of Isadore 'Friz' Freleng and the Impact Silhouette trope.

(I was researching the trope while LW edited his ninja'd post.)
Warrl

Post by Warrl »

lake_wrangler wrote:Is Monica laughing so hard she's seeing stars? Or planetoids, or whatever those things are?
Either that, or she's in tears contemplating the repair bill...
oldmanmickey

Post by oldmanmickey »

Hello, everyone, this is your action news reporter with all the news that is news across the nation, on the scene at the Villarreal household.
There seems to have been some disturbance here. Pardon me, ladies, did you see what happened?
Dear, don’t bore him with trivia or burden him with your past mistakes. The happiest way to deal with a man is never to tell him anything he does not need to know. L. Long
Dave

Post by Dave »

lake_wrangler wrote:Is Monica laughing so hard she's seeing stars? Or planetoids, or whatever those things are?
Laughing. Herself. Sick.
I guess that answers the question someone had about Shelly's reaction..
Yeah, I had a feeling something of the sort might ensure. Shelly remains Shelly.

I'm just glad she didn't sphinx out, scream Hulk smash!! and get Digit's haemolymph all over Monica's place. It would have been hard on the rugs, harder on her friendship with Monica, and very hard indeed on Digit. :?
Drakkenmensch

Post by Drakkenmensch »

I don't think Shelly likes spiders...
lake_wrangler

Post by lake_wrangler »

oldmanmickey wrote:Hello, everyone, this is your action news reporter with all the news that is news across the nation, on the scene at the Villarreal household.
There seems to have been some disturbance here. Pardon me, ladies, did you see what happened?
Lady #1: Yeah, I did...
Last edited by lake_wrangler on Sun Apr 09, 2017 7:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dave

Post by Dave »

Drakkenmensch wrote:I don't think Shelly likes spiders...
You think correctly.
AnotherFairportfan

Post by AnotherFairportfan »

We wanna see the Shelly-shaped hole.
Proof Positive the world is not flat: If it were, cats would have pushed everything off the edge by now.
Opus the Poet

Post by Opus the Poet »

OMG! Arachnophobia taken to the ludicrous extremes.

And Chuck Jones was known for a few character-shaped holes in walls and rocks andImage

cliff sides
Last edited by Opus the Poet on Sun Apr 09, 2017 11:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I ride my bike to ride my bike, and sometimes it takes me where I need to go.
Cheesy1

Post by Cheesy1 »

Atomic

Post by Atomic »

Don't let other peoples limitations become your constraints!

My Deviant Art scribbles
The Atomic Guide to Basic GIMP Stuff
FreeFlier

Post by FreeFlier »

You know, having people react like that would be enough to give you a complex . . .

--FreeFlier
jeffepp

Post by jeffepp »

I had forgotten about that. Clearly, M had not.
DilyV

Post by DilyV »

Warrl wrote:
Either that, or she's in tears contemplating the repair bill...
I was gonna ask if she was laughing or crying... but I think she's ROTFLHAOPIHP...
You know that light at the end of the tunnel?

Yeah... it's a bullet. Sorry.
DilyV

Post by DilyV »

oldmanmickey wrote:Hello, everyone, this is your action news reporter with all the news that is news across the nation, on the scene at the Villarreal household.
"Yyeeeeaaaah I did. I wuz jus' standin' there by the pianah... when there she came... flyin'!!! Nekkid' as a jaybird!!! I hollered over at ethel, "DON'T LOOK ETHEL!!!" but it was too late... she'd already been incensed..."

Chorus: "Here she comes, boogity boogty, There she goes, Boggity boogity, AND SHE AIN'T WEARIN' NO CLOTHES!!!!"
You know that light at the end of the tunnel?

Yeah... it's a bullet. Sorry.
Dave

Post by Dave »

DilyV wrote:Either that, or she's in tears contemplating the repair bill...
I wonder if Monica has learned to apply her Jaguar Girl rejuvenation powers to home repair and remodeling? Just set the whole building on fire, burn it to the ground, and it rebuilds itself better-than-before.
I was gonna ask if she was laughing or crying... but I think she's ROTFLHAOPIHP...
I guess that depends...
AnotherFairportfan

Post by AnotherFairportfan »

DilyV wrote:
"Yyeeeeaaaah I did. I wuz jus' standin' there by the pianah... when there she came... flyin'!!! Nekkid' as a jaybird!!! I hollered over at ethel, "DON'T LOOK ETHEL!!!" but it was too late... she'd already been incensed..."

Chorus: "Here she comes, boogity boogty, There she goes, Boggity boogity, AND SHE AIN'T WEARIN' NO CLOTHES!!!!"
http://www.codenamehunter.com/archive/comic/2006/12/11
Proof Positive the world is not flat: If it were, cats would have pushed everything off the edge by now.
meisdadoo

Post by meisdadoo »

FreeFlier wrote:You know, having people react like that would be enough to give you a complex . . .

--FreeFlier
I would think that a spider would be quite used to that sort of reaction...probably just glad no one has tried to smoosh her yet...

(Leaves a copy of Garfield comics near the pun jar...)
Where are we going and why am I in this handbasket?
lake_wrangler

Post by lake_wrangler »

AnotherFairportfan wrote:
DilyV wrote:

http://www.codenamehunter.com/archive/comic/2006/12/11
Ahem...

Like I said...
lake_wrangler wrote:
Lady #1: Yeah, I did...