Formerly A Spider 2017-04-07

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
lake_wrangler

Formerly A Spider 2017-04-07

Post by lake_wrangler »

Last edited by lake_wrangler on Thu Apr 06, 2017 11:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cheesy1

Re: Formerly A Spider 2017-04-07

Post by Cheesy1 »

"Unless you WANT me to. ;) "
AnotherFairportfan

Post by AnotherFairportfan »

Does this imply that Devyn was able to sense Digit's former spidericiousness?
Proof Positive the world is not flat: If it were, cats would have pushed everything off the edge by now.
lake_wrangler

Post by lake_wrangler »

AnotherFairportfan wrote:Does this imply that Devyn was able to sense Digit's former spidericiousness?
I don't think so... After all, it was kind of hard to miss Atsali's panicked rant from the previous page... So as long as Devyn was there all along, just off camera, she needs no special powers to be in the know.
Dave

Post by Dave »

Gryphon's supply of drinkable beverages seems to be an interesting one... looks like mostly Japanese varieties? Can anybody identify the brands?

Hmmm... no, it couldn't be a bottled mix of white creme de menthe, white cacao liqueur, and vodka that I see on the shelf. Even if Paras are allowed to drink at 16, they wouldn't be providing it in school... and anyhow it'd be too much of a coincidence...
Gyrrakavian

Post by Gyrrakavian »

Dave wrote:Gryphon's supply of drinkable beverages seems to be an interesting one... looks like mostly Japanese varieties? Can anybody identify the brands?

Hmmm... no, it couldn't be a bottled mix of white creme de menthe, white cacao liqueur, and vodka that I see on the shelf. Even if Paras are allowed to drink at 16, they wouldn't be providing it in school... and anyhow it'd be too much of a coincidence...
Nah. Those are for the teachers. You have to have a faculty badge and a quick breathelizer test to purchase.
"Occam's razor is a fine thing, but the universe is a Rube-Goldberg machine."
shadowinthelight

Post by shadowinthelight »

A big spider on your back could give an amazing massage.
Julie, about Wapsi Square wrote:Oh goodness yes. So much paranormal!

Image My deviantART and YouTube.
I'm done thinking for today! It's caused me enough trouble!
Gyrrakavian

Post by Gyrrakavian »

shadowinthelight wrote:A big spider on your back could give an amazing massage.
Depends on how much padding the setae on their feet give and how sharp their claws are (hunting spiders have 2 per foot, web spinners have 3).
"Occam's razor is a fine thing, but the universe is a Rube-Goldberg machine."
oldmanmickey

Post by oldmanmickey »

you forget one little minor detail about the new student.....
Dear, don’t bore him with trivia or burden him with your past mistakes. The happiest way to deal with a man is never to tell him anything he does not need to know. L. Long
eee

Post by eee »

Have we seen anything to indicate Devyn is afraid of spiders?
Dave wrote:Gryphon's supply of drinkable beverages seems to be an interesting one... looks like mostly Japanese varieties? Can anybody identify the brands?

The bottles and cans appear to be all behind glass. This might be some sort of informational display, a look at Japanese beverages. Zoomed in, I can't see the kanji in sufficient detail to recognize any of them.
Dave

Post by Dave »

eee wrote:Have we seen anything to indicate Devyn is afraid of spiders?
Not as far as I can recall. No mention of sea spiders, either.

Aunt Shelly, on the other hand, is very much afraid of spiders... or, at least, she was when she was younger, and remained so even after returning from the Time Forest as an uber-Sphinx. We haven't seen anything to indicate whether or not Shelly has ever met Digit... it seems possible (it's been years since Dietzel was minified) but Monica might have avoided the subject due to Shelly's phobia and power.

So... it'll be interesting to see how Aunt Shelly reacts to meeting Monica's new ward. Digit might help Shelly get over her phobia, or might become Shelly's Worst Nightmare Incarnate without wanting to be... or anything in between.
Catawampus

Post by Catawampus »

Dave wrote:We haven't seen anything to indicate whether or not Shelly has ever met Digit... it seems possible (it's been years since Dietzel was minified) but Monica might have avoided the subject due to Shelly's phobia and power.
Shelly saw Digit at least once at the Library. She seemed pretty calm about it afterward.