Phoenix blood 2012-10-10

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
rootwalla

Re: Phoenix blood 2012-10-10

Post by rootwalla »

Oooooh! Quick-load function! Nifty!
Now hosting a cocktail bar in the confusion corner.
Beware the Jar... Jar... Jar...
If you can read this... you're awesome, also way too close!
Fairportfan

Post by Fairportfan »

Yamara wrote:And now I'm trying to compose a tasteful Harry Potter vibrator joke. Not sure it can be done.
Well, i don't know about "tasteful", but:
An Amazon Reviewer wrote:

"When my 12-year-old daughter asked for this for her birthday, I kind of wondered if she was too old for it, but she seems to LOVE it. Her friends love it too! They play for hours in her bedroom with this great toy... My oldest daughter (17) really likes it too!"

Mattel quickly pulled the toy from the market, many months after signing off on a phallus shaped children's toy that vibrates while wedged into a child's crotch.
Not even duct tape can fix stupid. But it can muffle the noise.
=====================
Peace through superior firepower - ain't nothin' more peaceful than a dead troublemaker.
=====================
mike weber
Yamara

Post by Yamara »

sonicthunder wrote:So now the question: Does Monica relate her own feelings of pathetic-ness towards Titans in general, and assume this plus Phix's One-Hit KO of Bia means Titans are equally pathetic? Or does Monica just assume she is the most pathetic of the Titans?
Good observation. I suspect a lot of Titans have developed a whopping sense of inadequacy since cleaving to Zeus. Prometheus getting his daily liver dialysis, Kratos losing his job to Hercules. Bia realizing she's not so special and making a hash of trying to improve herself and the world. Epimetheus. Cf. my sig.

And of course, the naive pushover, Eos.

sonicthunder wrote:Also in situations like this, I can't wait for the day Monica finally decides to abuse her power when her friends are being smug. Nothing serious or dramatic, just payback for the smugness.
Monica: "Bud. Bop Shelly on the head for me. That's an order."
Kinda like how Tina did to Shelly when they encountered Nudge pre-Shellynx. Only intentional yet not foolish enough to actually say "kill her".
Except there's a huge difference in involuntarily stripping someone of their free will, and doing it intentionally. Shelly would recover from the bonk, but Bud would not recover her trust. Golems classically go off the rails when they're abused.

Monica would just be spiting herself. There have got to be nastier and more ethical ways to get them back.
PunPalsm the fastest way to pay the pun jar

Do Not Taunt Happy Fun Baal.
Yamara

Post by Yamara »

Fairportfan wrote:Mattel quickly pulled the toy from the market...
::facepalm::

...because that's why witches... were accused of...

Y'know we once toyed with the idea of trying to sell them on a Barbie RPG, and then make it subtly compatible with World of Darkness. Another great opportunity missed through lack of faith.
PunPalsm the fastest way to pay the pun jar

Do Not Taunt Happy Fun Baal.
Dave

Post by Dave »

Yamara wrote:If she cannot die, the full phoenix is never triggered, and anyone in the vicinity is spared the destruction that would result.
Correct. Neither we, not her friends and fellow Wapsis, would find it comfortable to watch Monica make an ash of herself.

(Drops a River Phoenix memorial watch into the Pun Jar)
Atomic

Post by Atomic »

jeffepp wrote:Last and not least, anyone else notice that Shelly is using her shape-shifting powers to be taller? She was only slightly taller that Monica, and was at boob-to-face level with Bud and Brandy. (OK, more Brandy than Bud, due to Bud's lack of..., well that's a discussion for another thread.)
Character height comparison here. Bud and Shelly have half a head on Monica, Tina is a full head taller. Jin is slightly taller than M, and a bit shorter than Shelly/Bud.

PW has been a stickler for keeping on model through the whole series!
Don't let other peoples limitations become your constraints!

My Deviant Art scribbles
The Atomic Guide to Basic GIMP Stuff
rootwalla

Post by rootwalla »

Dave wrote:
Yamara wrote:If she cannot die, the full phoenix is never triggered, and anyone in the vicinity is spared the destruction that would result.
Correct. Neither we, not her friends and fellow Wapsis, would find it comfortable to watch Monica make an ash of herself.

(Drops a River Phoenix memorial watch into the Pun Jar)
True, it would also make visiting the sandbar a bit redundant... since all one would have to do is poke Mon and get a face full of her sunny disposition...

*drops some suntan lotion in the basket..err.. jar.
Now hosting a cocktail bar in the confusion corner.
Beware the Jar... Jar... Jar...
If you can read this... you're awesome, also way too close!
sonicthunder

Post by sonicthunder »

Yamara wrote:Except there's a huge difference in involuntarily stripping someone of their free will, and doing it intentionally. Shelly would recover from the bonk, but Bud would not recover her trust. Golems classically go off the rails when they're abused.

Monica would just be spiting herself. There have got to be nastier and more ethical ways to get them back.
Perhaps. I was looking at it from more of a foodchain/military viewpoint. You can be best friends with your CO, but if you annoy your CO enough, he/she still has the ability to make you or your equally lower-ranked friends chastise you just by stating "that's an order". Generally, you don't resent the CO for doing that so long as he/she doesn't go overboard or abuse their station's privilege. Monica's basically in the same position with her crew, though she never really inserts herself (to the point that her crew has repeatedly tried to kill her, intentional or no).

Actually, Bud's the only GGG upon whom Monica's ever used her control, back during the first flashback to how the GGG came to be. So there is precedence at least. (>^_^)>
Jay-Em

Post by Jay-Em »

Boxilar wrote:Jin's current wish is to grow old and die. She's been through so much, lost so much, that she's ready for it to end. She loves Allen, has finally found someone that she dosen't have to give up for the "greater good". But he is mortal. He will grow old and die, and I don't think she wants to out live him. May probably could have corrected Jin's mental problems without resetting her to default human mode. She chose to do so because that's what her daughter wanted. It was a Mother's gift of love to her daughter. May is willing to lose her daughter because that's what Jin wants. I think that even if it's possible to reverse the reset, May wouldn't do it for those reasons.
That's a really touching thought.

I lost many, and can, indeed, imagine May's motherly love giving "mortality" to her daughter, so she doesn't have to live past., yet, another love (Granpa..?)
but, why 42?
---------------
Against the assault of laughter nothing can stand. (S. Clemens)
Jay-Em

Post by Jay-Em »

Yamara wrote: Except there's a huge difference in involuntarily stripping someone of their free will, and doing it intentionally. Shelly would recover from the bonk, but Bud would not recover her trust. Golems classically go off the rails when they're abused.

Yes, it involves a stuffed Tarantula..... Or, simply nicking Brandi's "winter-jar".I bèt there are nice, fat spiders in it. (and not a whole lot of flies left :lol: ) And setting, said. jar next to Shelly on her bed-table. Nasty enough?

Orr.. give Shell'a nice, high-rez poster of Shelob..

Or, let loose a ton of spiders in Tina's cellar, drop a large bag of cat-nip in the middle of it, and go: "Have fun Shellinx...." heheheheheh :twisted:
but, why 42?
---------------
DinkyInky

Post by DinkyInky »

NOTDilbert wrote:
Boxilar wrote:
Mark N wrote:Bud looks like she is pleased that she has another friend that wont die on her anytime in the immediate centuries.
One of her closest friends is no longer a "soap bubble". She's going to lose Jin, but Shelly and Monica and Brandi will be around.
Maybe she won't lose Jin - the McGuffin Gadget may yet have other uses than psychotherapy.....
Jin wants to be lost though.
Yanno how some people have Angels/Devils for a conscience? I have a Dark Elf ShadowKnight and a Half Elf Ranger for mine. The really bad part is when they agree on something.

Aphyon chu kissa whol l'jaed.
--Safyr Drathmir
Jabberwonky

Post by Jabberwonky »

Jay-Em wrote:
Yamara wrote: Except there's a huge difference in involuntarily stripping someone of their free will, and doing it intentionally. Shelly would recover from the bonk, but Bud would not recover her trust. Golems classically go off the rails when they're abused.

Yes, it involves a stuffed Tarantula..... Or, simply nicking Brandi's "winter-jar".I bèt there are nice, fat spiders in it. (and not a whole lot of flies left :lol: ) And setting, said. jar next to Shelly on her bed-table. Nasty enough?

Orr.. give Shell'a nice, high-rez poster of Shelob..

Or, let loose a ton of spiders in Tina's cellar, drop a large bag of cat-nip in the middle of it, and go: "Have fun Shellinx...." heheheheheh :twisted:
You have a truly twisted mind, my friend...I certainly wouldn't be above a practical joke on Shelly, but until she has a better handle on her morphing, I think I would exclude spiders... :D

And on the side, when are we going to get an update on your Shelly project? :)
"The price of perfection is prohibitive." - Anonymous
Jay-Em

Post by Jay-Em »

Well, Shelly's face/head is sort of ready. The next step is her hair. I am going for her current mop.
I'll post the results on photobucket when the body is ready too, and flat base is applied. I have some further plans, but they are on a back-burner for now.

The weather is deteriorating here, fall in full swing, so I''ll spend more time on things like sculpting.

Given the fact I am staying véry close to paul's designs (no "real-life Shell' here) makes for a very complicated sculpt. Odd as it may sound, but "getting" the minimalist 2-d designs into 3-d, without a true 3-sider (front;side;back) done by the artist, is very, véry hard, let alone finding a posture that is "signature" Shelly..
but, why 42?
---------------
Sphinx-Napped

Post by Sphinx-Napped »

okay... sooo she has Phoenix blood, and that might just awoken up now in the this case since she been flashed frozen so many times,

does this mean she almost immortal to some degree and that she need to be killed to be reborn?
Punjar repair man, that recently up graded the pun jar to 2.0 now with self defense and and evil ai that will try to kill you, if you even try to hurt it for doing its job...
Bud_Fanboi

Post by Bud_Fanboi »

So, does that mean the flash freeze really did do some damage and this whole scene was her resurrecting herself?
TlalocW

Post by TlalocW »

I guess the majority of people are going with the Monica has phoenix blood route, which is too bad. It would be neat if Paul's next Wapsi book was entitled, "The Littlest Titan." :)

TlalocW
jwhouk

Post by jwhouk »

Oh great, now they're all gonna move to Arizona.

(plops an old Arizona Cardinals Christmas ornament in the pun jar)
"Character is what you are in the dark." - D.L. Moody
"You should never run from the voices in your head. That's how you give them power." - Jin
analyst

Post by analyst »

TlalocW wrote:I guess the majority of people are going with the Monica has phoenix blood route, which is too bad. It would be neat if Paul's next Wapsi book was entitled, "The Littlest Titan." :)

TlalocW
I was wondering if the phoenix thing wasn't like my hair. I was a ginger when I was young, many years later, it has change to a more flesh colored tone. So what I have now, is a red hair ring. (Deposits Hair club for men membership into pun jar)
TheAphroChick

Post by TheAphroChick »

So...Monica has Phoenix blood in her now...is it safe to say she is winning?

*ducks away from hurled produce*
ziggy78eog

Post by ziggy78eog »

Any moment now, Bud and Shelly will break out in a Rogers and Hammerstein-esque Musical routine. Annnnnnnnnnnnnnnyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy moment now...