Told You 2017-04-03

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
lake_wrangler

Told You 2017-04-03

Post by lake_wrangler »

Such ruffians! How did Monica ever put up with those two, I'll never know... :lol:

At least, it's nice to know she is well surrounded and cared for.
AmriloJim
Location: 35ºN 101ºW (for the GPS-challenged, that's Amarillo TX)

Re: Told You 2017-04-03

Post by AmriloJim »

Never considered discrete assembly of a PB/J.
lake_wrangler

Post by lake_wrangler »

I've done it both ways before... Admittedly, it is somewhat messier, if you put the jam on top of the peanut butter on the same slice.

On the other hand, I always make my peanut butter and honey sandwiches by putting the honey directly on the peanut butter (of which there is a sufficient thickness), then mix the two together before putting the other slice of bread on top...
AnotherFairportfan

Post by AnotherFairportfan »

AmriloJim wrote:Never considered discrete assembly of a PB/J.
At the moment i can't recall which (though i'm inclined to say Maggie) but one of my granddaughters insists on doing it that way.
Proof Positive the world is not flat: If it were, cats would have pushed everything off the edge by now.
Opus the Poet

Post by Opus the Poet »

I do it both ways for PB&J but substituting honey requires single slice filling application to prevent the honey from soaking the bread.
I ride my bike to ride my bike, and sometimes it takes me where I need to go.
Sgt. Howard

Post by Sgt. Howard »

I'm more likely to dump the peanut butter and jelly in oatmeal... YUUUUMMMM!
Rule 17 of the Bombay Golf Course- "You shall play the ball where the monkey drops it,"
I speak fluent Limrick-
the Old Sgt.
AnotherFairportfan

Post by AnotherFairportfan »

Put a lump of jam in your mouth and suck hot tea through it...
Proof Positive the world is not flat: If it were, cats would have pushed everything off the edge by now.
lake_wrangler

Post by lake_wrangler »

I've dumped jelly into oatmeal before (though i prefer dumping jam, than jelly, into it), but never tried dumping peanut butter in it as well. I may just have to try it, some day...
FreeFlier

Post by FreeFlier »

Opus the Poet wrote:I do it both ways for PB&J but substituting honey requires single slice filling application to prevent the honey from soaking the bread.
Heathen!

Premixing the peanut butter and the honey is the only way to make PB&H!

And then you need a thick slice of Cheddar with it.

--FreeFlier
Last edited by FreeFlier on Sun Apr 02, 2017 11:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jeffepp

Post by jeffepp »

Sgt. Howard wrote:I'm more likely to dump the peanut butter and jelly in oatmeal... YUUUUMMMM!
How have I never...
This must be!
lake_wrangler

Post by lake_wrangler »

FreeFlier wrote:
Opus the Poet wrote:I do it both ways for PB&J but substituting honey requires single slice filling application to prevent the honey from soaking the bread.
Heathen!

--FreeFlier
But then, unless you are particularly versed in the thing, you risk mixing too much or too little for the sandwich... If it's too little, it's easy to make more, but if you mix too much...

Surely you don't suggest eating it by the spoonful afterwards, do you??? :shock:
Think of the calories!

(That's OK. Sometimes, when I get an urge for sugary stuff, I mix PB&J - and that can be jelly OR jam - in a bowl, and I do eat it by the spoonful afterwards...)
Dave

Post by Dave »

FreeFlier wrote:Premixing the peanut butter and the honey is the only way to make PB&H!
But there are much more inventive and practical ways to use it.

I eat my peas with honey.
I've done so all my life.
They do taste kind of funny,
but it keeps them on the knife.
Armorlord

Post by Armorlord »

Well, at least Digit knows how to make a peanut-butter and jelly sandwich properly.

I recall Digit was said to be equivalent to a 16 year old, so, unless they place her with an older class-group due to a high score on those exam, I'm guessing Digit's adventures will be introducing us to a whole new cast of classmates.
"Talking to you is sort of the conversational equivalent of an out-of-body experience." -Susie (Calvin and Hobbes)
FreeFlier

Post by FreeFlier »

lake_wrangler wrote:
FreeFlier wrote:
Heathen!

But then, unless you are particularly versed in the thing, you risk mixing too much or too little for the sandwich... If it's too little, it's easy to make more, but if you mix too much... . . .
Then you cover it and put it aside for later.

--FreeFlier
Dave

Post by Dave »

Armorlord wrote:Well, at least Digit knows how to make a peanut-butter and jelly sandwich properly.
And her choice of ingredients will probably work out well as she socializes with her new soon-to-be-peers. It's a safe choice... a cliche, sure, but that's because it's almost universally accepted and usually liked.

Things might not go so well if her spider heritage gave her a serious craving for marmite-and-garum-on-rye, for instance.

(Everybody knows that garum goes better with sourdough.)
Atomic

Post by Atomic »

AmriloJim wrote:Never considered discrete assembly of a PB/J.
It can be done! Of course, some people will be purists about it, and avoid all but natural PB they ground themselves and J they squeezed and boiled from their own grape arbor. And don't get them started on GMO stuff...

Why, I hear one research lab went so far to crossbreed a legume with a wildflower, and added monkey DNA to it for some reason. They wound up inventing the Rhesus Peanut Buttercup.
Don't let other peoples limitations become your constraints!

My Deviant Art scribbles
The Atomic Guide to Basic GIMP Stuff
oldmanmickey

Post by oldmanmickey »

Dave wrote:
Armorlord wrote:Well, at least Digit knows how to make a peanut-butter and jelly sandwich properly.
And her choice of ingredients will probably work out well as she socializes with her new soon-to-be-peers. It's a safe choice... a cliche, sure, but that's because it's almost universally accepted and usually liked.

Things might not go so well if her spider heritage gave her a serious craving for marmite-and-garum-on-rye, for instance.

(Everybody knows that garum goes better with sourdough.)
Heathens, heathens i say!! To mix the goodness that is peanut butter with honey or jelly is a sacrilege. It should only be enjoyed in its pure undiluted form. One must also not mix anything but butter and bacon in ones oatmeal as well. So it is written so it shall be. If you want me to eat it anyway.
Dear, don’t bore him with trivia or burden him with your past mistakes. The happiest way to deal with a man is never to tell him anything he does not need to know. L. Long
Catawampus

Post by Catawampus »

I once had to explain peanut butter and jelly sandwiches to a Scottish friend of mine. She took "jelly" to mean something along the lines of a Jell-O dessert, and had a very odd mental image of the sandwich. I suppose that a peanut butter and Jell-O sandwich wouldn't be too much different, all in all. Though yesterday my co-workers thought that my sandwich consisting of sharp cheddar, chili peppers, and pear slices in honey was bizarre, so I may not be the best judge of such things.
Armorlord wrote:I recall Digit was said to be equivalent to a 16 year old, so, unless they place her with an older class-group due to a high score on those exam, I'm guessing Digit's adventures will be introducing us to a whole new cast of classmates.
Depends on how evenly spread-out her learning was. She could be far in advance of the typical 16-year-old in some areas and thus end up in classes with Atsali & Co. for those subjects, but be behind in other subjects and be in classes with Castela for those.
lake_wrangler

Post by lake_wrangler »

FreeFlier wrote:
lake_wrangler wrote:
FreeFlier wrote:Premixing the peanut butter and the honey is the only way to make PB&H!

But then, unless you are particularly versed in the thing, you risk mixing too much or too little for the sandwich... If it's too little, it's easy to make more, but if you mix too much... . . .
Then you cover it and put it aside for later.

--FreeFlier
You REBEL, you! :shock:
lake_wrangler

Post by lake_wrangler »

oldmanmickey wrote:Heathens, heathens i say!! To mix the goodness that is peanut butter with honey or jelly is a sacrilege. It should only be enjoyed in its pure undiluted form. One must also not mix anything but butter and bacon in ones oatmeal as well. So it is written so it shall be. If you want me to eat it anyway.
That's just it: maybe we all want to keep it for ourselves... :P