Told You 2017-04-03

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
lake_wrangler

Re: Told You 2017-04-03

Post by lake_wrangler »

Atomic wrote:Why, I hear one research lab went so far to crossbreed a legume with a wildflower, and added monkey DNA to it for some reason. They wound up inventing the Rhesus Peanut Buttercup.
I think you've been ignoring the 500 lbs gorrilla, err... I mean, pun jar, in the room... ;)
oldmanmickey

Post by oldmanmickey »

lake_wrangler wrote:That's just it: maybe we all want to keep it for ourselves... :P
Enjoy, long as we got tomatoes, bananas or pineapple i got sandwich stuff covered. lol
Dear, don’t bore him with trivia or burden him with your past mistakes. The happiest way to deal with a man is never to tell him anything he does not need to know. L. Long
Gyrrakavian

Post by Gyrrakavian »

lake_wrangler wrote:I've done it both ways before... Admittedly, it is somewhat messier, if you put the jam on top of the peanut butter on the same slice.

On the other hand, I always make my peanut butter and honey sandwiches by putting the honey directly on the peanut butter (of which there is a sufficient thickness), then mix the two together before putting the other slice of bread on top...
I have a cousin who used to put jelly on one half and peanut butter on the other for both slices.
"Occam's razor is a fine thing, but the universe is a Rube-Goldberg machine."
Dave

Post by Dave »

Gyrrakavian wrote:I have a cousin who used to put jelly on one half and peanut butter on the other for both slices.
You can do that by halves, quarters, or in more involved patterns.

The more intricate your "painting" of each half, the trickier it is to get the two slices to align properly when you put them together so that you get a proper radio of PB and J at each spot.

Image Image
sheik

Post by sheik »

lake_wrangler wrote:
Atomic wrote:Why, I hear one research lab went so far to crossbreed a legume with a wildflower, and added monkey DNA to it for some reason. They wound up inventing the Rhesus Peanut Buttercup.
I think you've been ignoring the 500 lbs gorrilla, err... I mean, pun jar, in the room... ;)
I hereby authorize the pun jar to consume Atomic whole and entire that it might put him out of our misery.
Warrl

Post by Warrl »

AmriloJim wrote:Never considered discrete assembly of a PB/J.
It's difficult... particularly getting the slice of peanut butter or the slice of jelly to stay in the proper shape until you can give it the support of some bread.
Dave

Post by Dave »

Warrl wrote:
AmriloJim wrote:Never considered discrete assembly of a PB/J.
It's difficult... particularly getting the slice of peanut butter or the slice of jelly to stay in the proper shape until you can give it the support of some bread.
Meh. Nothing a dewar of liquid nitrogen, and a bandsaw with a diamond-grit-coated blade can't deal with.

Freeze, saw, assemble, thaw.

Do remember to rinse the tools well before taking them out of the freeze-room, though.
sheik wrote:I hereby authorize the pun jar to consume Atomic whole and entire that it might put him out of our misery.
BURRRRRRRrrp

"Mrs. Mulch??"
Typeminer

Post by Typeminer »

Could be worse. If she were an aquatic para, we'd be arguing about peanut butter and jellyfish. :mrgreen:
Saccharomyces cerevisiae is the linchpin of civilization.
jwhouk

Post by jwhouk »

Peanut butter on both sides, jelly on the one.
"Character is what you are in the dark." - D.L. Moody
"You should never run from the voices in your head. That's how you give them power." - Jin
Opus the Poet

Post by Opus the Poet »

When I told Mrs. the Poet about the technical discussion of the proper way to build a PB&J she just kind of looked at me funny and rolled her eyes. :roll:
I ride my bike to ride my bike, and sometimes it takes me where I need to go.
AnotherFairportfan

Post by AnotherFairportfan »

Opus the Poet wrote:When I told Mrs. the Poet about the technical discussion of the proper way to build a PB&J she just kind of looked at me funny and rolled her eyes. :roll:
I have a feeling Kate would react the same, which is why i haven't told her.
Proof Positive the world is not flat: If it were, cats would have pushed everything off the edge by now.
Alkarii

Post by Alkarii »

Wow, to think a person could over think making a peanut butter and jelly sandwich... Just keep it simple, spread each on a slice by itself, and there you go.
There is no such thing as a science experiment gone wrong.
lake_wrangler

Post by lake_wrangler »

Alkarii wrote:Wow, to think a person could over think making a peanut butter and jelly sandwich... Just keep it simple, spread each on a slice by itself, and there you go.
If using jelly, like grape jelly, or some such, I would agree. I find jelly to be easier to spread on bread than on peanut butter.

However, when it comes to jam, like a good strawberry jam, where it's nice and viscous, with big chunks of strawberries mixed in, it goes right on top of the peanut butter, as far as I'm concerned.
Dave

Post by Dave »

lake_wrangler wrote:
Alkarii wrote:Wow, to think a person could over think making a peanut butter and jelly sandwich... Just keep it simple, spread each on a slice by itself, and there you go.
If using jelly, like grape jelly, or some such, I would agree. I find jelly to be easier to spread on bread than on peanut butter.

However, when it comes to jam, like a good strawberry jam, where it's nice and viscous, with big chunks of strawberries mixed in, it goes right on top of the peanut butter, as far as I'm concerned.
And, if truth be known, there is a great deal of historical precedent for serious disagreements about peanut-butter lunches being taken to school.
Hansontoons

Post by Hansontoons »

Dave wrote:
lake_wrangler wrote:

And, if truth be known, there is a great deal of historical precedent for serious disagreements about peanut-butter lunches being taken to school.
Now here's a twist I thought about earlier today between irritations at work- triple-decker! Three slices of bread and pb/j. Now comes the discussion! PB between two slices then jelly between second and third, or pb on one slice, jelly on next, lay jelly slice on top of pb slice then add more pb to top of jelly slice and jelly to third slice? And how about which one on bottom/top for two slicers? Crunchy or smooth? Or how about that stuff where both were swirled into the same jar? I haven't looked for it in the store in a long time, so don't know if it is still even available.

And then there's the fun of putting a smear of pb on the roof of a dog's mouth... poor Jasper... :D
Catawampus

Post by Catawampus »

Perhaps just cover every surface in the kitchen with slices of bread, then toss in a few handfuls of paintball grenades that are filled with either peanut butter or jelly?
FreeFlier

Post by FreeFlier »

Catawampus wrote:Perhaps just cover every surface in the kitchen with slices of bread, then toss in a few handfuls of paintball grenades that are filled with either peanut butter or jelly?
They'd best be Doc's special grenades, or the coverage will be uneven.

--FreeFlier
Alkarii

Post by Alkarii »

lake_wrangler wrote:

Yeah, but if you're using jam, it isn't a peanut butter and jelly sandwich. Though, with jam not being as runny as jelly, you can probably make a peanut butter and jam sandwich using methods that would make a bit of a sticky mess if you had used jelly.
There is no such thing as a science experiment gone wrong.
Dave

Post by Dave »

Alkarii wrote:Yeah, but if you're using jam, it isn't a peanut butter and jelly sandwich. Though, with jam not being as runny as jelly, you can probably make a peanut butter and jam sandwich using methods that would make a bit of a sticky mess if you had used jelly.
Correct. It's proof that if you keep pectin away at a problem, you'll usually find a solution.

(Puts a jar of really good marmalade into the Pun Jar)
Typeminer

Post by Typeminer »

Dave wrote:It's proof that if you keep pectin away at a problem, you'll usually find a solution.
Heaven preserve us! Another jarring suggestion. Maybe we should can it for now . . . . :lol:
Saccharomyces cerevisiae is the linchpin of civilization.