Like My Mother 2017-03-24

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
FreeFlier

Like My Mother 2017-03-24

Post by FreeFlier »

Poor Digit . . . Busty mom hugs and snuggles will help, but . . . Her world has still been violently turned inside out and upside down . . . and there's no going back.

--FreeFlier
Last edited by FreeFlier on Thu Mar 23, 2017 10:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dave

Re: Like My Mother 2017-03-24

Post by Dave »

FreeFlier wrote:Poor Digit . . . Busty mom hugs and snuggles will help, but . . . Her world has still been violently turned inside out and upside down . . . and there's no going back.
For Monica, too. It's not as violent and involuntary for her, but they've both just stepped into unknown territory. Nothing will ever be the same.
FreeFlier

Post by FreeFlier »

Monica had a choice.

(At least theoretically . . . emotionally is another matter.)

--FreeFlier
TazManiac

Post by TazManiac »

OK, it looks like the New Digit Version is here to stay so I'm going to voice the question that I've been wondering for a few days;

Spiders are 8 legged. So far we've seen three pair; where might the last two appendages be?
FreeFlier

Post by FreeFlier »

TazManiac wrote:OK, it looks like the New Digit Version is here to stay . . .
Digit M2?

--FreeFlier
Opus the Poet

Post by Opus the Poet »

My concern is Digit's dietary requirements. What does the need to eat as opposed to what can she eat?
I ride my bike to ride my bike, and sometimes it takes me where I need to go.
TazManiac

Post by TazManiac »

FreeFlier wrote:
Digit M2?

--FreeFlier
That would be 'Digit, v2'...

Opus the Poet wrote:My concern is Digit's dietary requirements. What does the need to eat as opposed to what can she eat?

They could always start out w/ a Blender...

"Whats in that Smoothy, Digit?"... "You don't want to know..."
AnotherFairportfan

Post by AnotherFairportfan »

TazManiac wrote:OK, it looks like the New Digit Version is here to stay so I'm going to voice the question that I've been wondering for a few days;

Spiders are 8 legged. So far we've seen three pair; where might the last two appendages be?
Actually, we've only seen four of her limbs - those things on he head are "pedipalps", which spiders use to help grasp their food. In socrpions (also arachnids) they form the claws.
Proof Positive the world is not flat: If it were, cats would have pushed everything off the edge by now.
Sgt. Howard

Post by Sgt. Howard »

Dave wrote:
FreeFlier wrote:Poor Digit . . . Busty mom hugs and snuggles will help, but . . . Her world has still been violently turned inside out and upside down . . . and there's no going back.
For Monica, too. It's not as violent and involuntary for her, but they've both just stepped into unknown territory. Nothing will ever be the same.
A bit more challenging than most parenting situations... but even regular children, you are never ready for when they show up.

They will be fine... odd, but fine... Ohhh- is Jet afraid of spiders?
Rule 17 of the Bombay Golf Course- "You shall play the ball where the monkey drops it,"
I speak fluent Limrick-
the Old Sgt.
AnotherFairportfan

TazManiac wrote:
Opus the Poet wrote:My concern is Digit's dietary requirements. What does the need to eat as opposed to what can she eat?

Proof Positive the world is not flat: If it were, cats would have pushed everything off the edge by now.
TazManiac

Post by TazManiac »

(these are my people...)
oldmanmickey

Post by oldmanmickey »

Image[/quote]
I dont care what anyone says, thats true love right there. Actually one might ask what Pickle needs to eat as well. I mean she may need a 50 lb bag of fertilizer once a month.
Dear, don’t bore him with trivia or burden him with your past mistakes. The happiest way to deal with a man is never to tell him anything he does not need to know. L. Long
AnotherFairportfan

Is it just me, or is Digit trying to look less-devastated in Panel One for Cricket's sake?

Because she sure goes from calm-if-not-actually-cheerful to devastated weeping pretty quickly after Calista leaves..
Dave

Post by Dave »

I'm reminded of Monica's own moment of disorientation and panic, after she saw Phix feeding... and the comfort she needed, and received.

She's been there, in her own fashion... not the same as Digit, but she has some reason to know something of what Digit must be feeling. In a way, she's paying her debt forward.

TheDOCTOR
Location: Pittsburgh,Pa. via Gallifrey, in Constallation of Kastaborus

Post by TheDOCTOR »

♥ the last panel. Monica is a MOM. Even Dietzel is getting in on this. Cute.
Dave

Post by Dave »

TazManiac wrote:

Dunno if I should mention the snacks that my wife and I were offered at Staff of Life in Santa Cruz last weekend. High-protein crunches (ranch, and salsa flavor)... made of a combination of lentil flour, and cricket flour. Sort of Americanized chalupines (and advertised as such).

They're quite good... we bought several bags. Found out the hard way two days later that her allergy to lobster also makes her sensitive to cricket... she had a mild case of hives as a result. I guess I'll have to eat the remaining couple of bags myself...

... but, in any case, there are plenty of people in the US who come from cultures where eating insects is traditional, that it's possible to find 'em on the market if you look around long enough. If Digit still does have spider-ish nutritional requirements (uncertain as yet) I imaging that a poiter of Monica's skill will have little difficulty keeping her supplied.

"Hi... is this Mealworms-R-Us? Hey, do you deliver?"
Armorlord

Post by Armorlord »

TazManiac wrote:
FreeFlier wrote:
Digit M2?

--FreeFlier
That would be 'Digit, v2'...
I think Second Digit, or Tens, could be appropriate.
oldmanmickey wrote:Actually one might ask what Pickle needs to eat as well. I mean she may need a 50 lb bag of fertilizer once a month.
And brownies, don't forget the brownies.
Last edited by Armorlord on Fri Mar 24, 2017 7:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Talking to you is sort of the conversational equivalent of an out-of-body experience." -Susie (Calvin and Hobbes)
Warrl

Post by Warrl »

Armorlord wrote:
oldmanmickey wrote:Actually one might ask what Pickle needs to eat as well. I mean she may need a 50 lb bag of fertilizer once a month.
And brownies, don't forget the brownies.
And when she has pot brownies, the brownies go in the pot rather than vice versa...

(depositing one each in the pun jar: mushroom, caterpillar, hooka)
eee

Post by eee »

This is a bit reminiscent of when Monica 'adopted' the GGG. Well, Bud and Brandi; Jin slithered off almost immediately and continued manipulating things behind the scenes. But they were functional adults, mostly, just a bit disoriented and terrifyingly dangerous beings of destruction. Digit is a teen in a body strange to her, although she has considerable intelligence and knowledge of the world. I suspect M and Kath are going to be hanging out a lot together with Kath giving Monica the benefit of her experience in raising unusual daughters.
AnotherFairportfan

Oh, wow.

Monica.

Rich. Secret identity.

Digit.

Teen. Ward.

The Crimson Mantis has a new sidekick – The Scarlet Spider!