Like I Did 2017-03-22

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
AnotherFairportfan

Like I Did 2017-03-22

Post by AnotherFairportfan »

Proof Positive the world is not flat: If it were, cats would have pushed everything off the edge by now.
Drakkenmensch

Re: Like I Did 2017-03-22

Post by Drakkenmensch »

Castella would love her instantly, with her also being a unique lifeform in the shape of a sarcastic teenage girl!
TazManiac

Post by TazManiac »

I'm sure thats the right call, I somehow want Tina to play a role as well...
Warrl

Post by Warrl »

We haven't really seen Digit from the waist down. She has at least the top part of a human-looking butt, and a minimum of two human-looking knees, but aside from that...
AmriloJim
Location: 35ºN 101ºW (for the GPS-challenged, that's Amarillo TX)

Post by AmriloJim »

digit_bikini.jpg
digit_bikini.jpg (73.89 KiB) Viewed 9609 times
AnotherFairportfan

AmriloJim wrote:
digit_bikini.jpg
Yah. She still has the side eyes.

Someone at the board (yesterday's page) wondered about that, so i said:
Looking at the four pics Paul’s posted on eBay (from left to right):

first they’re not visible at all, sort of suggested {to the right}, definitely there though not particularly visible {to the left} and absolutely there.
Last edited by AnotherFairportfan on Wed Mar 22, 2017 12:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Proof Positive the world is not flat: If it were, cats would have pushed everything off the edge by now.
Opus the Poet

Post by Opus the Poet »

Except for her head she's fairly normal-looking. Giver her just two eyes and no pedipalps and I wouldn't look twice.
I ride my bike to ride my bike, and sometimes it takes me where I need to go.
AnotherFairportfan

Opus the Poet wrote:Except for her head she's fairly normal-looking. Giver her just two eyes and no pedipalps and I wouldn't look twice.
I would.

Male.

Not dead.
KnightDelight

Post by KnightDelight »

A hijab would do the trick. She could even pass herself as Muslim. Heck, she could become Muslim, who knows.
DANGEROUSLY UNDER-MEDICATED
If we are what we eat, then I'm easy, fast, and cheap
oldmanmickey

Post by oldmanmickey »

Has to be some kind of talisman or spell cast to allow those kids to glamor themselves and appear as human. Every paranormal cant just happen to have the ability to appear human.
Dear, don’t bore him with trivia or burden him with your past mistakes. The happiest way to deal with a man is never to tell him anything he does not need to know. L. Long
lake_wrangler

Post by lake_wrangler »

oldmanmickey wrote:Has to be some kind of talisman or spell cast to allow those kids to glamor themselves and appear as human. Every paranormal cant just happen to have the ability to appear human.
Perhaps there is some such talisman. However, it was already stated that since this is the result of a now-broken talisman, any further use of magic would yield unpredictable results (with the implication that the result would probably be even worse than now...)
Dave

Post by Dave »

lake_wrangler wrote:
oldmanmickey wrote:Has to be some kind of talisman or spell cast to allow those kids to glamor themselves and appear as human. Every paranormal cant just happen to have the ability to appear human.
Perhaps there is some such talisman. However, it was already stated that since this is the result of a now-broken talisman, any further use of magic would yield unpredictable results (with the implication that the result would probably be even worse than now...)
That was (I think) with regard to a "Can you reverse this and restore her?" question: further magic which would physically alter Digit herself. A glamour is an illusion, or a forced shift in a viewer's perceptions... it might not need to affect Digit at all, and so might still be a possibility that could work.

If not: it wouldn't be ideal for a youngster such as Digit, but there are some human subcultures that are into extreme tattoos, body piercing, cosmetic surgery and so forth. Digit might not be noteworthy among them.

She'd have to have a good answer worked out in advance for the inevitable "Wow, where did you have your work done?!?" questions.
Sgt. Howard

Post by Sgt. Howard »

AmriloJim wrote:
digit_bikini.jpg
I don't remember 16 year olds that looked like THAT in high school- and I am not talking about her face... HEY- given the primitive eyes of a wolf spider, can she see ANYTHING past ... hmmm... scale up... 200 feet?
Rule 17 of the Bombay Golf Course- "You shall play the ball where the monkey drops it,"
I speak fluent Limrick-
the Old Sgt.
Catawampus

Post by Catawampus »

Drakkenmensch wrote:Castella would love her instantly, with her also being a unique lifeform in the shape of a sarcastic teenage girl!
I wonder if Castela still has her Snuggle?
AnotherFairportfan wrote:Yah. She still has the side eyes.
Does she have four more on the back of her head?
Opus the Poet wrote:Except for her head she's fairly normal-looking. Giver her just two eyes and no pedipalps and I wouldn't look twice.
There's just something about a gal with a nice shapely pair of pedipalps, though.
Sgt. Howard

Post by Sgt. Howard »

Catawampus wrote:There's just something about a gal with a nice shapely pair of pedipalps, though.
THOSE are not Pedi palps...
Rule 17 of the Bombay Golf Course- "You shall play the ball where the monkey drops it,"
I speak fluent Limrick-
the Old Sgt.
AnotherFairportfan

Sgt. Howard wrote:
Catawampus wrote:There's just something about a gal with a nice shapely pair of pedipalps, though.
THOSE are not Pedi palps...
Pedipalps.

Up Here.
Catawampus

Post by Catawampus »

Of course, there is one obvious question that Digit's new hybrid human/spider anatomy raises, which I'm sure is one of the first things a guy will think of upon initially seeing her:

Can she blink?
Gyrrakavian

Post by Gyrrakavian »

AnotherFairportfan wrote:
I would.

Male.

Not dead.
More the whole 'entirely black eyes' for me. Especially given that I'm twice her human age.
"Occam's razor is a fine thing, but the universe is a Rube-Goldberg machine."
AnotherFairportfan

Gyrrakavian wrote:
AnotherFairportfan wrote:
I would.

Male.

Not dead.
More the whole 'entirely black eyes' for me. Especially given that I'm twice her human age.
I'm four times her human age.

Still gonna notice.
TazManiac

Post by TazManiac »

Well, I hadn't caught the EBay offering, but I did see the other posting in another thread where folks mention Digit could make her extra head appendages acceptable in public with ponytails, and here, lo and behold, we have evidence of such...