For a month 2017-03-13

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
Alkarii

Re: For a month 2017-03-13

Post by Alkarii »

Dave wrote:
AmriloJim wrote:She's a teacher at Gryphon Elementary... I'd say the real question is what is Ms. Alger?
Apparently some variety of magic user (or tech user of the "Any sufficiently advanced technology..." sort). I don't think that's Lanthian Glyph she's using, though.

What worries me is her possible motives. She clearly didn't want anybody to see her using her Power... and she is secretly left-handed.

There's definitely something sinister occurring here.
I see what you did there. But can the right-handed members of the forum see it?

But what makes you think she's keeping her left-handedness a secret? The Para community may not have had to deal with Catholicism telling them that they're doing the devil's work by using their left hand.

Crazy thing, everyone in my department at work, aside from my supervisor and an older guy, is left-handed.
There is no such thing as a science experiment gone wrong.
Catawampus

Post by Catawampus »

AmriloJim wrote:She's a teacher at Gryphon Elementary... I'd say the real question is what is Ms. Alger?
Exasperated?
Dave wrote:I don't think that's Lanthian Glyph she's using, though.
I don't think that they are. She seems to be using astrology symbols, geometric shapes, and various icons. Perhaps her species type is Dingbat, and her character will turn out to be a font of all manner of surprising information.
AnotherFairportfan wrote:Does she weigh less than a duck?
You wanna risk asking the lady about her weight?
GlytchMeister wrote:This had better not be local time manipulation being used to repair the wall. Because, in this comic's universe, it is fairly well understood that messing with time is a BAD IDEA.
And if she simply rewound time a certain amount, then after that amount of time has passed by then the wall may suddenly become damaged again.
Armorlord wrote:From the sound of things, seems she is the sort of paranormal responsible for legends of curses for breaking into sealed places, and she shouldn't be using this power at school. Guessing the repair/sealing and curse powers are tied together.
Or she's one of the people who goes through the dungeon lair after the band of adventurers to reset all of the traps and repair the damaged bits and everything.
illiad wrote:And what about Atsali (with large tracts of land) turning male (with large tracts of land) :o :twisted: and make Nadette even happier??? :shock: :D
What with Nadette being gay, that might not make her happier. That would be like having your own girlfriend turning male if you're a straight guy.
Alkarii wrote:
Dave wrote:There's definitely something sinister occurring here.
I see what you did there. But can the right-handed members of the forum see it?
If their minds are dexterous enough.
Warrl

Post by Warrl »

oldmanmickey wrote:and here i thought getting a week of dentition was bad
Do you mean a week of having teeth, or a week of repeatedly being bitten by something with teeth?
AnotherFairportfan

Post by AnotherFairportfan »

Warrl wrote:
Do you mean a week of having teeth, or a week of repeatedly being bitten by something with teeth?
I think he means a week of auto-correct.
Proof Positive the world is not flat: If it were, cats would have pushed everything off the edge by now.
Dr. Otter

Post by Dr. Otter »

Oh, yeah! My kid once had several weeks of dentition. She had a low fever, wouldn't eat, barely slept, drooled constantly, and those darn drops don't help a bit!
Be the role model she'll always remember. Be a Girl Scout volunteer today!
Dave

Post by Dave »

Dr. Otter wrote:
Oh, yeah! My kid once had several weeks of dentition. She had a low fever, wouldn't eat, barely slept, drooled constantly, and those darn drops don't help a bit!
You think you and your kid and your wife had it bad?

Think about how difficult this time would be for the para mothers of para infants. Evidence suggests that at least some para children have the same the sharp teeth that characterize the adults of many para species. Imagine what it would be like going through that sort of teething experience, or having to breast-feed a toddler who has a mouth full of needles and razors. :(

(Dave winces with sympathy, while sadly humming ♫ Fangs For The Mammaries... ♫)
GlytchMeister

Post by GlytchMeister »

Just Old Al wrote:
GlytchMeister wrote:This had better not be local time manipulation being used to repair the wall. Because, in this comic's universe, it is fairly well understood that messing with time is a BAD IDEA.
Don't think so. Getting a distinct impression of mage or the like (or as someone else said Sufficiently Advanced Technology). Time shift'd be kind of unnecessary for concrete work.
When all ya have is a hammer...
He's mister GlytchMeister, he's mister code
He's mister exploiter, he's mister ones and zeros
They call me GlytchMeister, whatever I touch
Starts to glitch in my clutch!
I'm too much!
oldmanmickey

Post by oldmanmickey »

AnotherFairportfan wrote:
Warrl wrote:
I think he means a week of auto-correct.
They should never i say again never force someone like me who is not the worlds best speller anyway to use auto-correct. On the other hand it can lead to some very interesting and often enlightening conversations.
Dear, don’t bore him with trivia or burden him with your past mistakes. The happiest way to deal with a man is never to tell him anything he does not need to know. L. Long
Catawampus

Post by Catawampus »

GlytchMeister wrote:When all ya have is a hammer...
So perhaps whatever spell/charm/technique she used to fix the wall also makes the wall put off some sort of an aura saying, "Can't touch this"?
AmriloJim
Location: 35ºN 101ºW (for the GPS-challenged, that's Amarillo TX)

Post by AmriloJim »

Not only is the Pun Jar calling for tribute, you should apologize to Stanley Kirk Burrell and Rick James (whose melody Burrell sampled... err, stole).
Warrl

Post by Warrl »

AmriloJim wrote:Not only is the Pun Jar calling for tribute, you should apologize to Stanley Kirk Burrell and Rick James (whose melody Burrell sampled... err, stole).
Please clarify "you"...
FreeFlier

Post by FreeFlier »

Warrl wrote:
AmriloJim wrote:Not only is the Pun Jar calling for tribute, you should apologize to Stanley Kirk Burrell and Rick James (whose melody Burrell sampled... err, stole).
Please clarify "you"...
I'd say "Anyone whose conscience is bothering them", but this lot . . .

--FreeFlier
Sgt. Howard

Post by Sgt. Howard »

Dave wrote:
Dr. Otter wrote:
You think you and your kid and your wife had it bad?

Think about how difficult this time would be for the para mothers of para infants. Evidence suggests that at least some para children have the same the sharp teeth that characterize the adults of many para species. Imagine what it would be like going through that sort of teething experience, or having to breast-feed a toddler who has a mouth full of needles and razors. :(

Two words- CHAINMAIL PASTIES
Rule 17 of the Bombay Golf Course- "You shall play the ball where the monkey drops it,"
I speak fluent Limrick-
the Old Sgt.
Dave

Post by Dave »

Sgt. Howard wrote:
Dave wrote:(Dave winces with sympathy, while sadly humming ♫ Fangs For The Mammaries... ♫)
Two words- CHAINMAIL PASTIES
Have you ever tried to get milk-rust stains out of mild steel? It's a dreadful chore. Yes, there are alternatives, but not everybody can afford titanium or mithril, and not everybody has access to a metalsmith like yourself to do the maintenance.
FreeFlier

Post by FreeFlier »

Dr. Otter wrote:Oh, yeah! My kid once had several weeks of dentition. She had a low fever, wouldn't eat, barely slept, drooled constantly, and those darn drops don't help a bit!
Dave wrote:You think you and your kid and your wife had it bad?

Sgt. Howard wrote:Two words- CHAINMAIL PASTIES
One is informed that stainless-steel plate works better. Spinning the plates to shape is most helpful. Of course, careful inspection and matching is required to match the form exactly to the original , , ,

--FreeFlier
Just Old Al

Post by Just Old Al »

FreeFlier wrote:]
Sgt. Howard wrote:Two words- CHAINMAIL PASTIES
One is informed that stainless-steel plate works better. Spinning the plates to shape is most helpful. Of course, careful inspection and matching is required to match the form exactly to the original.

--FreeFlier
Would one be telling tales out of school if one reported making tooling for such work? No, I ain't joking...
"The Empire was founded on cups of tea, mate, and if you think I am going to war without one you are sadly mistaken."
Gyrrakavian

Post by Gyrrakavian »

Dave wrote:
Apparently some variety of magic user (or tech user of the "Any sufficiently advanced technology..." sort). I don't think that's Lanthian Glyph she's using, though.

What worries me is her possible motives. She clearly didn't want anybody to see her using her Power... and she is secretly left-handed.

There's definitely something sinister occurring here.
'Sinister'? Ahem.
*indicates the pun jar*
"Occam's razor is a fine thing, but the universe is a Rube-Goldberg machine."
Just Old Al

Post by Just Old Al »

...you are a 'shaved ape in a shirt'...or Jeremy Clarkson. :)

Try that with a Land-Rover and it will take the hammer away from you and beat you with it.

Point taken, though.
"The Empire was founded on cups of tea, mate, and if you think I am going to war without one you are sadly mistaken."
Dave

Post by Dave »

Gyrrakavian wrote:'Sinister'? Ahem.
*indicates the pun jar*
(Dave places a signed first-edition hardcopy of Le Guin's "The Left Hand of Darkness" into the Pun Jar)
Alkarii

Post by Alkarii »

Actually, that's hardly a pun, just a use of an older meaning of the word. Although, that particular definition is still used in heraldry.

In this case, the pun jar owes Dave.
There is no such thing as a science experiment gone wrong.