Thought You Heard 2017-03-09

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
Dave

Thought You Heard 2017-03-09

Post by Dave »

Yeah, I thought so. Even Sirens like their personal privacy about intimate matters.

http://wapsisquare.com/comic/thought-you-heard/

I think Phix has been tutoring Atsali in the very useful subject of fierce grins.
jwhouk

Re: Thought You Heard 2017-03-09

Post by jwhouk »

WOW that was fast... Apparently Atsali has super hearing as well?
"Character is what you are in the dark." - D.L. Moody
"You should never run from the voices in your head. That's how you give them power." - Jin
FreeFlier

Post by FreeFlier »

Ah yes . . . the traditional senior sibling/junior sibling discussion of privacy, oversharing and related matters . . .

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Given Atsali's usual obliviousness, one wonders if Nadette may have explained the issue . . .

Scarlet and especially TImmy look rather clueless, however.

--FreeFlier
AnotherFairportfan

Post by AnotherFairportfan »

I like Dayllas zipped lips...
Proof Positive the world is not flat: If it were, cats would have pushed everything off the edge by now.
AnotherFairportfan

Atsali’s been studying with Aunt Monica…
Proof Positive the world is not flat: If it were, cats would have pushed everything off the edge by now.
ChattaStarhawk

Post by ChattaStarhawk »

I see cutey-tail is still out...
Gyrrakavian

Post by Gyrrakavian »

AnotherFairportfan wrote:Atsali’s been studying with Aunt Monica…
It would certainly seem that way.

Also, Dalya's eyes are "blonked out".
"Occam's razor is a fine thing, but the universe is a Rube-Goldberg machine."
Akeche

Post by Akeche »

Looks like somebody is paying for a new wall out of her allowance.
oldmanmickey

Post by oldmanmickey »

What a smashing (nearly through the wall) example of "what the captain meant to say was..".
Dear, don’t bore him with trivia or burden him with your past mistakes. The happiest way to deal with a man is never to tell him anything he does not need to know. L. Long
Thor

Post by Thor »

Gyrrakavian wrote:
Daylla's eyes are always like that.

Also, we must have had another time jump, seeing as how Atsali's hair is now long again.
AnotherFairportfan

Thor wrote:
Gyrrakavian wrote:
Daylla's eyes are always like that.
More or less
Alkarii

Post by Alkarii »

Atsali's hair has been long for a while, actually.
There is no such thing as a science experiment gone wrong.
Catawampus

Post by Catawampus »

I do have to wonder what sort of an insurance policy the school has on its property. Given that the place is over-run by hyperactive hormone-addled paranormals of all types, the staff must consider it a good job when they manage to end the year with only half of the place held together by plaster patches and duct tape.
TazManiac

Post by TazManiac »

I think they got a referral from the contractors that took care of Sunnydale High.
FreeFlier

Post by FreeFlier »

Using reinforced concrete would be a good start, especially if you build to industrial/military standards.

There are also some interesting things you can do with electrodeposition of minerals dissolved in water . . . if you use flow channels within the walls and shaped EMF fields, new deposits can only form where there's damage.

Yes, that means the walls heal.

And that's all human technology!

--FreeFlier
TheDOCTOR
Location: Pittsburgh,Pa. via Gallifrey, in Constallation of Kastaborus

Post by TheDOCTOR »

FreeFlier wrote:Using reinforced concrete would be a good start, especially if you build to industrial/military standards.

There are also some interesting things you can do with electrodeposition of minerals dissolved in water . . . if you use flow channels within the walls and shaped EMF fields, new deposits can only form where there's damage.

Yes, that means the walls heal.

And that's all human technology!

--FreeFlier
...Also Vent the thermal buffers and reverse the polarity of the neutron flow.
Thor

Post by Thor »

Alkarii wrote:Atsali's hair has been long for a while, actually.
Not exactly.

Atsali still had short hair here, which was the January 29th strip. which was toward the end of the day when Pickle and Timmy went to the anime convention. That day, or at most, then next day continued until February 2nd, when Pickle was rage-blasting rocks. The next storyline was Conscience getting Tepoz to notice her, which ran from the 3rd through the 15th. It's hard to tell how long that took timeline-wise, since it was broken into two time-frames: Conscience asking a post-dumped Pickle for advice, and Conscience and Tepoz chatting and then going to the pool. After that, we had Nadette's avoiding of career choices, which shows Atsali's long hair in the last strip, and ran from the 19th to the 23rd. That was 10 strips before the one this thread was based on.

So if by "for a while" you mean, "for the last 10 strips", then sure, Atsali's hair has bee long "for a while". In any event, there is still a big time jump between the anime convention and the most recent events, happening somewhere in between the strips of the 2nd of February and the 19th of Februrary, which was long enough for Atsali to put on another foot of hair on her head.

I suspect that Mr. Taylor wants to get on with the college storylines for Atsali that he has already laid the groundwork for before the collective audience forgets about the strips where he introduced Atsali's new roomie back in the middle of December of last year.
Catawampus

Post by Catawampus »

TheDOCTOR wrote:...Also Vent the thermal buffers and reverse the polarity of the neutron flow.
But that may explosively shatter the dilithium crystals, thus cracking the magnetic containment sphere and overloading the flux capacitor!

If the school is connected to the Library's portal system, perhaps the Library's self-repairing mechanisms extend to some degree as well. Or maybe the students get to put their paranormal abilities and skills to practical use repairing the damage that they cause. That might be part of their. . .what do schools usually call the classes where they teach kids carpentry and welding and sewing and the like? Vocational classes?
Alkarii

Post by Alkarii »

Well, see, the long hair thing was something I wasn't really noticing (I'm a guy, so I usually don't pay attention to hair beyond making sure mine is combed in the morning) until someone mentioned it. Then I remembered that I had seen Atsali with long hair recently.

Still couldn't remember if it was with current strips, or if it was while rereading through the archives, which I haven't yet finished.
There is no such thing as a science experiment gone wrong.
jwhouk

Post by jwhouk »

TheDOCTOR wrote: ...Also Vent the thermal buffers and reverse the polarity of the neutron flow.
ISWYDT.
"Character is what you are in the dark." - D.L. Moody
"You should never run from the voices in your head. That's how you give them power." - Jin