Not The Eyes 2017-03-07

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
AnotherFairportfan

Re: Not The Eyes 2017-03-07

Post by AnotherFairportfan »

Sgt. Howard wrote:If licking the feet is allegorical to something else or if that is their particularly offensive fetish in Castela's mind, it matters not- little sis walked in where she should have knocked. Exactly what is the meaning of licking feet? ... aside from athlete's tongue, I'm not sure. Nadette should gargle with Tinactin just to be sure...
Footplay of various types is a common fetish.
Proof Positive the world is not flat: If it were, cats would have pushed everything off the edge by now.
Sgt. Howard

Post by Sgt. Howard »

AnotherFairportfan wrote:
Sgt. Howard wrote:If licking the feet is allegorical to something else or if that is their particularly offensive fetish in Castela's mind, it matters not- little sis walked in where she should have knocked. Exactly what is the meaning of licking feet? ... aside from athlete's tongue, I'm not sure. Nadette should gargle with Tinactin just to be sure...
Mayhaps... but there are some places I will NOT place my tongue...
Rule 17 of the Bombay Golf Course- "You shall play the ball where the monkey drops it,"
I speak fluent Limrick-
the Old Sgt.
AnotherFairportfan

Post by AnotherFairportfan »

Sgt. Howard wrote:
Mayhaps... but there are some places I will NOT place my tongue...
Nadette is an ursamorph. She's showing bear ears and (apparently) a bear tongue.

Consider what bears EAT.
Proof Positive the world is not flat: If it were, cats would have pushed everything off the edge by now.
Alkarii

Post by Alkarii »

Sgt. Howard wrote:
AnotherFairportfan wrote: Nadette is an ursamorph. She's showing bear ears and (apparently) a bear tongue.

Consider what bears EAT.
Honey? Berries? Fish? Hikers? "Pikcanic" baskets?
There is no such thing as a science experiment gone wrong.
FreeFlier

Post by FreeFlier »

AnotherFairportfan wrote:Nadette is an ursamorph. She's showing bear ears and (apparently) a bear tongue.

Consider what bears EAT.
Alkarii wrote:Honey? Berries? Fish? Hikers? "Pikcanic" baskets?
Carrion . . .

I keep remembering the canid habit of rolling in/on dead stinky things . . .

--FreeFlier
Catawampus

Post by Catawampus »

FreeFlier wrote:Carrion . . .

. . .Just what are you implying about Atsali's feet?!?
FreeFlier

Post by FreeFlier »

Catawampus wrote:
FreeFlier wrote:Carrion . . .

. . .Just what are you implying about Atsali's feet?!?
Hey, I knew someone who had a dog that would roll over on his owner's feet . . .

--FreeFlier
TazManiac

Post by TazManiac »

There was a picture representing the amount of Sensory Input the differing parts of the body represented in the brain.
here is one, but it under-represents the FEET;

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cortical_homunculus
Alkarii

Post by Alkarii »

That looks almost identical to the character Humonculus from Empowered. He wasn't in it very long, though.
TazManiac

Post by TazManiac »

Alkarii wrote:That looks almost identical to the character Humonculus from Empowered. He wasn't in it very long, though.

Check the link, and a little bit more; they must have named the Character Humonculus on purpose...
illiad

Post by illiad »

TazManiac wrote:There was a picture representing the amount of Sensory Input the differing parts of the body represented in the brain.
well actually that represents sensitivity, not just tickle response?? can you use your toes/ foot to precisely feel the outline of something??
Alkarii

Post by Alkarii »

TazManiac wrote:
Alkarii wrote:That looks almost identical to the character Humonculus from Empowered. He wasn't in it very long, though.

Check the link, and a little bit more; they must have named the Character Humonculus on purpose...
I checked it before I posted, and I arrived at the same conclusion.
TazManiac

Post by TazManiac »

illiad wrote:
TazManiac wrote:There was a picture representing the amount of Sensory Input the differing parts of the body represented in the brain.
well actually that represents sensitivity, not just tickle response?? can you use your toes/ foot to precisely feel the outline of something??
Well, Yes.

The Feet have almost the same capabilities as Hands do, but we don't train/utilize them as much during our formative and later years.
illiad

Post by illiad »

TazManiac wrote:
illiad wrote:
Well, Yes.

The Feet have almost the same capabilities as Hands do, but we don't train/utilize them as much during our formative and later years.
so you have monkey feet?? :D most people do not, and their senses are deadened by walking, and shoe use... :)

FreeFlier

Post by FreeFlier »

BTW, the human foot shown is distorted from wearing improperly fitted shoes. And almost all shoes are improperly fitted in the sense of causing that distortion.

--FreeFlier
Alkarii

Post by Alkarii »

If you think that your feet are deadened by walking on them, try stepping on a Lego brick, rough gravel, glass, or a bee.

Now, I grant you that the heel and ball of the foot will have really thick skin, unless you're one of those crazy people who grind that thickened skin away because it "isn't pretty."

I'd seen an advertisement for a kit for removing them. You put this cream on those areas, and once it's been on long enough, you take what looks like a cheese slicer and peel the calloused skin off, leaving the soft (and sensitive) skin. But I suppose if someone wants to put a substance that make skin come apart easily on one of the most sensitive parts of the body, go ahead.
Catawampus

Post by Catawampus »

Alkarii wrote:Now, I grant you that the heel and ball of the foot will have really thick skin, unless you're one of those crazy people who grind that thickened skin away because it "isn't pretty."

I'd seen an advertisement for a kit for removing them. You put this cream on those areas, and once it's been on long enough, you take what looks like a cheese slicer and peel the calloused skin off, leaving the soft (and sensitive) skin. But I suppose if someone wants to put a substance that make skin come apart easily on one of the most sensitive parts of the body, go ahead.
When I joined the army, one of the first things they did was to trim off the half-inch-thick callouses that covered the entire the bottoms and sides of my feet. It was at least partly a matter of getting footwear to fit properly.
Alkarii

Post by Alkarii »

How did you get them to build up that thick? :shock:

I walk barefoot on gravel all the time, and they still don't even come close.
Dave

Post by Dave »

Hobbit ancestry, perhaps?
Alkarii

Post by Alkarii »

I have hair on my feet. Maybe I also have hobbit ancestry?