Can't post comments on the comic

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
illiad

Re: Can't post comments on the comic

Post by illiad »

Well I never had probs... so it's all up to you... :)
hawk1966

Post by hawk1966 »

illiad wrote:Well I never had probs... so it's all up to you... :)
That's the thing. I never had problems either. I even used a Windows 10 7" tablet with a gig of ram and a full version of 10. Pretty sure someone said their was a config problem with the comment section. And it DID work once the other day with this very browser.
jwhouk

Post by jwhouk »

The person to contact would be Bookworm.
"Character is what you are in the dark." - D.L. Moody
"You should never run from the voices in your head. That's how you give them power." - Jin
hawk1966

Post by hawk1966 »

jwhouk wrote:The person to contact would be Bookworm.
Have been in contact. He's rather busy and sadly a single user having comment problems is somewhat low on the list.
hawk1966

Post by hawk1966 »

Was using my Kindle Fire tablet last night and tried posting a comment on the comic and almost plotzed when my post went through without a hitch, pause or problem. NOW I am truly corn-fused.

Edit - Oh! Sorry for the double post.
jwhouk

Post by jwhouk »

That would seem to indicate it's either an ISP thing, or there's something on your 'puter that's blocking it.

EDIT: Hmmm.... do you have something blocking Javascript? I just noticed that it looks like the whole posting on the comic page has JS links. Either that or update to the latest version.
"Character is what you are in the dark." - D.L. Moody
"You should never run from the voices in your head. That's how you give them power." - Jin
hawk1966

Post by hawk1966 »

Don't see it as an ISP thing. Both devices going through the same router. Browser is different, Silk on the tablet and Edge on the laptop. What's really weird is I just tried to post again and I got a duplicate post warning BUT the post isn't showing up as if it's awaiting moderator approval. I've gone through every setting, I even fired up, blergh, MSIE, and can't find any JS controls or problems. But that duplicate post warning gives me hope. That sounds like a site side fix needs to be made.