Let Me In 2017-03-06

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
AmriloJim
Location: 35ºN 101ºW (for the GPS-challenged, that's Amarillo TX)

Let Me In 2017-03-06

Post by AmriloJim »

Catawampus

Re: Let Me In 2017-03-06

Post by Catawampus »

She's now legally an adult, and can be put into positions of responsibility and authority.

Minneapolis is doomed.
Thor

Post by Thor »

Catawampus wrote:She's now legally an adult, and can be put into positions of responsibility and authority.

Minneapolis is doomed.
In the Para world, she was already a legal adult, I believe.

Well, sorta. 16 for drinking at least.
Dave

Post by Dave »

But, but, but... this creates more questions than it answers!

Among Sirens, does reaching the age of 18 mean that you start drooling on your pillow when you're asleep... or does it mean that you just don't stop drooling on your pillow when you're asleep?

Jeez... Paul really does know how to draw out the resolution of critical character issues! :roll:
oldmanmickey

Post by oldmanmickey »

I cant think of a single way that would be better than to be awakened by your girl friend or spouse with intentions of giving you a present. Of course had that been my daughter if i did let the friend in i would have supervised to make sure things did not get out of hand. Given she was my offspring the chances were high that could happen.
Dear, don’t bore him with trivia or burden him with your past mistakes. The happiest way to deal with a man is never to tell him anything he does not need to know. L. Long
Thor

Post by Thor »

oldmanmickey wrote: Of course had that been my daughter if i did let the friend in i would have supervised to make sure things did not get out of hand.
Why?

With the example of Daughter + Girlfriend, there is no way for anyone to wind up pregnant, and if no one walks in, there is no way for anyone to be scandalized or embarrassed.
jwhouk

Post by jwhouk »

Well, you never know, with sirens...
"Character is what you are in the dark." - D.L. Moody
"You should never run from the voices in your head. That's how you give them power." - Jin
TazManiac

Post by TazManiac »

'OldManMikey & Thor: One thing; His handle does prominently state he is Old Man Mikey, so there is that, but also- there is the 'it's my house so it's my rules' aspect to fornication by the young'ns, (even when said young'ns might be pretty far along in the Grownup category)...

We've certainly hit a Milestone; 18 years old. Seems an age and yet just yesterday, both.
AnotherFairportfan

Post by AnotherFairportfan »

Catawampus wrote:She's now legally an adult, and can be put into positions of responsibility and authority.

Minneapolis is doomed.
...and positions of flagrante delicto...
Proof Positive the world is not flat: If it were, cats would have pushed everything off the edge by now.
Cheesy1

Post by Cheesy1 »

Something very Freudian about the title of this strip. :oops:
Opus the Poet

Post by Opus the Poet »

Obligatory Star Wars quote:"I have a bad feeling about this."
I ride my bike to ride my bike, and sometimes it takes me where I need to go.
GlytchMeister

Post by GlytchMeister »

Opus the Poet wrote:Obligatory Star Wars quote:"I have a bad feeling about this."
I got a good feeling about this.
He's mister GlytchMeister, he's mister code
He's mister exploiter, he's mister ones and zeros
They call me GlytchMeister, whatever I touch
Starts to glitch in my clutch!
I'm too much!
AnotherFairportfan

GlytchMeister wrote:
Opus the Poet wrote:Obligatory Star Wars quote:"I have a bad feeling about this."
I got a good feeling about this.
If Katherine weren't around, i figure Atsali would be getting a good feeling right about now, too.
Proof Positive the world is not flat: If it were, cats would have pushed everything off the edge by now.
oldmanmickey

Post by oldmanmickey »

Thor wrote:
oldmanmickey wrote: Of course had that been my daughter if i did let the friend in i would have supervised to make sure things did not get out of hand.
Why?

With the example of Daughter + Girlfriend, there is no way for anyone to wind up pregnant, and if no one walks in, there is no way for anyone to be scandalized or embarrassed.
a prime example of my house my rules.
Dear, don’t bore him with trivia or burden him with your past mistakes. The happiest way to deal with a man is never to tell him anything he does not need to know. L. Long
Dr. Otter

Post by Dr. Otter »

Let's get to the important question. Does this mean racier Atsali art? :twisted:
Be the role model she'll always remember. Be a Girl Scout volunteer today!
Gyrrakavian

Post by Gyrrakavian »

Thor wrote:
Why?

They've still got a time schedule to keep. If they get too *ahem* busy, they could still wind up late for whatever.
"Occam's razor is a fine thing, but the universe is a Rube-Goldberg machine."
jwhouk

Post by jwhouk »

Dr. Otter wrote:Let's get to the important question. Does this mean racier Atsali art? :twisted:
Down, boy. We don't know if the Starr twins are 18 yet.
"Character is what you are in the dark." - D.L. Moody
"You should never run from the voices in your head. That's how you give them power." - Jin
AnotherFairportfan

jwhouk wrote:
Dr. Otter wrote:Let's get to the important question. Does this mean racier Atsali art? :twisted:
Down, boy. We don't know if the Starr twins are 18 yet.
Judging by "tomorrow"'s page ... Paul's acting as if they were.

Plus, "racier Atsali art" doesn't necessarily involve any other characters...
TazManiac

Post by TazManiac »

(I wrote this yesterday, but apparently didn't hit 'send'...)
AnotherFairportfan wrote:

Minneapolis is doomed.
Aaaaand 'Legal Shipping' now possible...

btw- I forgot to add to the sense the day's Title brought to mind:

Let the Right One In...
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Let_the_R ... _In_(film)
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1139797/
http://www.magnetreleasing.com/lettherightonein/

EDIT: Picture link broken, replacing with Wikipedia entry of now (as of 2017) 21 year old actress: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lina_Leandersson
(the two main leads where 11 when cast for the film...)

(See the original, Swedish Language, one first...)
Last edited by TazManiac on Fri Mar 10, 2017 1:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
scantrontb

Post by scantrontb »

TazManiac wrote:(I wrote this yesterday, but apparently didn't hit 'send'...)
AnotherFairportfan wrote:

Minneapolis is doomed.
Aaaaand 'Legal Shipping' now possible...
yes, i'm being a cynical ass, but just let me get this off my mind, and then i'll go back to my normal boring self:
[Rant on]
AAAnnnd now this devolves into another "Oglaf" clone with different characters in sexual connotative strips practically EVERY day instead of "just once in a while" as with Monica and Kevin... NOW the only characters he can't do this to are STILL all under age: Pickle, Timothy, Dayla, and Scarlet (i don't know of any other named characters that young)... that is, until he does ANOTHER time skip to get them "legal" as well... this sure isn't: "Wapsi Square is a slice of paranormal life graphic novel that combines cute and creepy while following the lives of supernatural creatures of mythology and the humans whose lives they just want to fit in with." anymore...
[Rant off]

don't get me wrong, i will still read the comic, it's just not the same as it used to be, ya know?... oh well, life goes on, etc. etc, etc...
Don't planto mihi adveho illac