Ready For Them 2017-02-27

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
FreeFlier

Re: Ready For Them 2017-02-27

Post by FreeFlier »

Alkarii wrote:Is Bryn a pot smoker, or does she give everyone the "bedroom eyes?"

Edit: Or she could be exhausted or sleepy... Forgot about that.
I think that's her default expression.

Like my dad and I have a "mean look" for a default expression.

And I knew a girl with bedroom eyes . . . from the time she was 8 or so. It was just her default expression.

--FreeFlier
Dave

Post by Dave »

jwhouk wrote:
Alkarii wrote:Is Bryn a pot smoker, or does she give everyone the "bedroom eyes?"

Edit: Or she could be exhausted or sleepy... Forgot about that.
Well, considering what she is, she could just naturally be doe-eyed.
And, if so, that would tell us a lot about the males of her para-species. They'd be genetically pre-programmed to react to that sort of come-on, so we'd know that they're

(he pauses briefly, anticipating the horrors to come)

magnificent baaaaa-stirreds, one and all.

(Joe, I think we may need to co-sign a joint loan to pay off a certain Pun Jar)
jwhouk

Post by jwhouk »

(Places one Milwaukee Bucks jersey in the Pun Vault)

Okay, you pay the balance. ;)
"Character is what you are in the dark." - D.L. Moody
"You should never run from the voices in your head. That's how you give them power." - Jin
Dave

Post by Dave »

(Dave places into the Pun Jar a rare recording of Tanaquil Le Clercq singing to the tune of "Afternoon Of A Faun")
Opus the Poet

Post by Opus the Poet »

Maybe the encounter is a prelude to a little afternoon delite

I bet y'all were expecting something completely different.
I ride my bike to ride my bike, and sometimes it takes me where I need to go.
AmriloJim
Location: 35ºN 101ºW (for the GPS-challenged, that's Amarillo TX)

Post by AmriloJim »

Now why in Starland would we be expecting that?
Just Old Al

Post by Just Old Al »

Dave wrote:I think we may need to co-sign a joint loan to pay off a certain Pun Jar)
Stop talking about co-signing - you're going off on a tangent. What'as your angle on this?
"The Empire was founded on cups of tea, mate, and if you think I am going to war without one you are sadly mistaken."
Dave

Post by Dave »

Just Old Al wrote:Stop talking about co-signing - you're going off on a tangent. What'as your angle on this?
My head was turned by the radians of her smile.
Sgt. Howard

Post by Sgt. Howard »

Just Old Al wrote:
Dave wrote:I think we may need to co-sign a joint loan to pay off a certain Pun Jar)
Stop talking about co-signing - you're going off on a tangent. What'as your angle on this?
??? I'm still trying to figure out why you need a loan for a joint...?
Rule 17 of the Bombay Golf Course- "You shall play the ball where the monkey drops it,"
I speak fluent Limrick-
the Old Sgt.
FreeFlier

Post by FreeFlier »

Sgt. Howard wrote:
Just Old Al wrote:
\
It's actually for bail after they get arrested for possession.

--FreeFlier
Sgt. Howard

Post by Sgt. Howard »

FreeFlier wrote:
Sgt. Howard wrote: I'm still trying to figure out why you need a loan for a joint...?
\

--FreeFlier
Move up here to Washington- it's legal.
Rule 17 of the Bombay Golf Course- "You shall play the ball where the monkey drops it,"
I speak fluent Limrick-
the Old Sgt.
AnotherFairportfan

Post by AnotherFairportfan »

Sgt. Howard wrote:
FreeFlier wrote:
Sgt. Howard wrote: I'm still trying to figure out why you need a loan for a joint...?
\

--FreeFlier
Move up here to Washington- it's legal.
For now.
Proof Positive the world is not flat: If it were, cats would have pushed everything off the edge by now.
lake_wrangler

Post by lake_wrangler »

Sgt. Howard wrote:
Just Old Al wrote:
It must be a doozie! :lol:
TazManiac

Post by TazManiac »

jeffepp wrote:It's the body language. Standing that close usually reflects intimacy, or aggression. And, the faces imply the former, more than the latter.
I just thought of something else (besides the obvious Bryn is just like that and nobody who knows her acts on it as being 'overt'...) <--- actually that was an aside, what I meant to speak on was the common placing of two characters very close to each other in the Visual Mediums, whether it's print, film, graphics, etc- to accentuate the intimacy of the communication.

Its not meaning 'intimate' in the horizontal tango sense; you can do a close up of the heads/faces where they stand real close, or you can show one then the other, back and forth, to get a similar but different effect.

In this case I think it's just Pablo doing some creative framing of the active subjects...
Dave

Post by Dave »

TazManiac wrote:
jeffepp wrote:It's the body language. Standing that close usually reflects intimacy, or aggression. And, the faces imply the former, more than the latter.
I just thought of something else (besides the obvious Bryn is just like that and nobody who knows her acts on it as being 'overt'...) <--- actually that was an aside, what I meant to speak on was the common placing of two characters very close to each other in the Visual Mediums, whether it's print, film, graphics, etc- to accentuate the intimacy of the communication.

Its not meaning 'intimate' in the horizontal tango sense; you can do a close up of the heads/faces where they stand real close, or you can show one then the other, back and forth, to get a similar but different effect.

In this case I think it's just Pablo doing some creative framing of the active subjects...
There's a sort of counterpart of this framing exercise in "Indiana Jones and The Last Crusade". There's a scene where (in the theater version) Indy and his father are standing on either side of a table, looking at each other across it, and trading some dialog ("You mean"... "Yes"... "Then..."). You get to see their facial expressions when they're listening, as well as when they're speaking.

When the film was cut down for network TV broadcast, the 4:3 TV-screen version was edited to cut back and forth between the two characters (head and shoulders only) as they spoke. You don't get to see how one character is reacting to the other's words, until it's his turn to speak.

The two versions of this scene have a very different "feel" to them.