Hard To Remember 2017-02-24

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
lake_wrangler

Hard To Remember 2017-02-24

Post by lake_wrangler »

Go read today's comic, where we learn the existence of the Overcoming Social Cluelessnness 101 course work contents.
FreeFlier

Re: Hard To Remember 2017-02-24

Post by FreeFlier »

You know, I wonder if Atsali is is literally tone-deaf, as well as figuratively . . .

Also, I wonder what her blouse is made of?

There's a large market for a fabric that stands up to that kind of strain that well!

--FreeFlier
/drops a half-yard of muslin in the pun jar/
Opus the Poet

Post by Opus the Poet »

Now we see why Nadette isn't concerned for her future, keeping Atsali out of trouble from her inability to read emotional cues looks like a full-time job.
I ride my bike to ride my bike, and sometimes it takes me where I need to go.
Opus the Poet

Post by Opus the Poet »

Now we see why Nadette isn't concerned for her future, keeping Atsali out of trouble from her inability to read emotional cues looks like a full-time job.

So, how do you delete a post that posts twice?
Last edited by Opus the Poet on Fri Feb 24, 2017 1:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
I ride my bike to ride my bike, and sometimes it takes me where I need to go.
Dave

Post by Dave »

FreeFlier wrote:There's a large market for a fabric that stands up to that kind of strain that well!
I am chagrined to learn that the classic Hanna-Barbera cartoon sound effect for "something stretching to within an inch of snapping" would cost $495.00 to acquire, so I can't afford to quote it here.

(It's part of their big commercial sound effects collection... several CD's worth)
AmriloJim
Location: 35ºN 101ºW (for the GPS-challenged, that's Amarillo TX)

Post by AmriloJim »

Opus the Poet wrote:So, how do you delete a post that posts twice?
Users can only delete the last post of the thread, provided that no one else has replied (yes, I know that's a redundancy). Just kill the later post, if possible.
DilyV

Post by DilyV »

FreeFlier wrote:You know, I wonder if Atsali is is literally tone-deaf, as well as figuratively . . .

Also, I wonder what her blouse is made of?

There's a large market for a fabric that stands up to that kind of strain that well!

--FreeFlier
/drops a half-yard of muslin in the pun jar/
She uses tungsten thread to hold the buttons on... otherwise they'd become deadly projectiles.
You know that light at the end of the tunnel?

Yeah... it's a bullet. Sorry.
DilyV

Post by DilyV »

Dave wrote:
FreeFlier wrote:There's a large market for a fabric that stands up to that kind of strain that well!
I am chagrined to learn that the classic Hanna-Barbera cartoon sound effect for "something stretching to within an inch of snapping" would cost $495.00 to acquire, so I can't afford to quote it here.

(It's part of their big commercial sound effects collection... several CD's worth)
We'll just have to settle for this sound effect...

You know that light at the end of the tunnel?

Yeah... it's a bullet. Sorry.
Catawampus

Post by Catawampus »

I wonder if Nadette carries around a chalkboard for such occasions, has one reserved and set aside at the school for when needed, or just manifests one as an extension of her body whenever the situation warrants it. It would probably get a lot of use, whichever case.
Warrl

Post by Warrl »

Catawampus wrote:I wonder if Nadette carries around a chalkboard for such occasions, has one reserved and set aside at the school for when needed, or just manifests one as an extension of her body whenever the situation warrants it.
There is precedent for the latter approach or something resembling it, albeit in another comic and by characters who (as far as we know) are not shapeshifters...
GlytchMeister

Post by GlytchMeister »

Warrl wrote:
Catawampus wrote:I wonder if Nadette carries around a chalkboard for such occasions, has one reserved and set aside at the school for when needed, or just manifests one as an extension of her body whenever the situation warrants it.
There is precedent for the latter approach or something resembling it, albeit in another comic and by characters who (as far as we know) are not shapeshifters...
If they can turn into balloon animals, create clothes as extensions of their bodies, and turn into skintight jumpsuits, I am willing to bet she can create a chalkboard out of herself, too.
He's mister GlytchMeister, he's mister code
He's mister exploiter, he's mister ones and zeros
They call me GlytchMeister, whatever I touch
Starts to glitch in my clutch!
I'm too much!
jwhouk

Post by jwhouk »

You know, I'm wondering if Nadette would be a good teacher.

Or maybe a life coach.
"Character is what you are in the dark." - D.L. Moody
"You should never run from the voices in your head. That's how you give them power." - Jin
lake_wrangler

Post by lake_wrangler »

Warrl wrote:
There is a precedent in this comic, too... And the only other shape Bud has is that of a goat, which leaves little room for hiding a chalkboard...
Catawampus

Post by Catawampus »

lake_wrangler wrote:There is a precedent in this comic, too... And the only other shape Bud has is that of a goat, which leaves little room for hiding a chalkboard...
Wouldn't be any more difficult than hiding away a whole truckload of bananas, or providing a bomb shelter for a pair of adventurers.
lake_wrangler

Post by lake_wrangler »

Catawampus wrote:
lake_wrangler wrote:There is a precedent in this comic, too... And the only other shape Bud has is that of a goat, which leaves little room for hiding a chalkboard...
Wouldn't be any more difficult than hiding away a whole truckload of bananas, or providing a bomb shelter for a pair of adventurers.
True. I forgot about that...
jwhouk

Post by jwhouk »

I suddenly have a suspicion as to what is about to happen in this comic world of ours...
"Character is what you are in the dark." - D.L. Moody
"You should never run from the voices in your head. That's how you give them power." - Jin