Cute and Sweet 2017-02-10

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
lake_wrangler

Cute and Sweet 2017-02-10

Post by lake_wrangler »

Interesting exposition, concerning the origin of her previous form of clothing...

Meanwhile, think she's trying too hard to be cute?

Tepoz sure seems puzzled...
Gyrrakavian

Re: Cute and Sweet 2017-02-10

Post by Gyrrakavian »

Connie: "I'd like to swing my clue-by-four."
DM: "Alright, roll and D20 and let's see if it hits. To you want it to have any particular appearance?"
Connie: "Some kind of Japanese junk food."
"Occam's razor is a fine thing, but the universe is a Rube-Goldberg machine."
AnotherFairportfan

Post by AnotherFairportfan »

Run.

NOW.
Proof Positive the world is not flat: If it were, cats would have pushed everything off the edge by now.
Dr. Otter

Post by Dr. Otter »

Methinks she tries way too hard.
Be the role model she'll always remember. Be a Girl Scout volunteer today!
GlytchMeister

Post by GlytchMeister »

Know thyself. Love thyself. Be thyself.

That's all I do, and it works out pretty well. Vying for someone's attention, or trying to avoid it (can someone explain why someone A who wants to date someone B avoids B's romantic attention for the purposes of gaining B's romantic attention? It makes no sense, I do not understand.)

...where was I?

Oh, right. Trying to do anything other than what I would normally do for or to them just... Messes it all up, one way or another.
He's mister GlytchMeister, he's mister code
He's mister exploiter, he's mister ones and zeros
They call me GlytchMeister, whatever I touch
Starts to glitch in my clutch!
I'm too much!
Opus the Poet

Post by Opus the Poet »

Then again why take a trip to Japan when you can bring Japan to you?
I ride my bike to ride my bike, and sometimes it takes me where I need to go.
jeffepp

Post by jeffepp »

de-dot-dot-de dot-de-dot
"I never learned Morse Code."
Flap, flutter, whoosh
"Is that, what'd ya call it, semaphore?"
Scribble, scribble, scritch
"Oh, Pictionary! Yeah, I suck at that."
Dave

Post by Dave »

Dr. Otter wrote:Methinks she tries way too hard.
Normally I would say that she's laying it on thickly with a trowel. In this case it's a ladle full of boiling maple syrup, or perhaps an ice cream scoop.

In a way it's sort of the same-but-opposite of what Castela was doing with Timothy... overdoing the hints (and then denying then) instead of blatantly pushing him away... but it's still a long way from being genuine. As GlytchMeister points out, artificial tends not to work very well.
jeffepp wrote:de-dot-dot-de dot-de-dot
"I never learned Morse Code."
You're expecting a Player Kill in the next few turns? I don't think Tepoz is quite that overwhelmed by the situation! :lol:
Last edited by Dave on Fri Feb 10, 2017 11:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
eee

Post by eee »

Subtle, Connie. Very subtle. But remember, you're dealing with Tepoz. Subtle isn't going to cut it.

I suppose it is good to know she's still wearing underwear. If she'd said she was going commando, that might have been TOO unsubtle.
Catawampus

Post by Catawampus »

I wonder what sort of social conditioning Tepoz has gained over the years. Connie is dressed up as a generic schoolgirl and wanting to look cute and sweet, but she also has the look of a twelve-year-old. It could really muddle up the situation if she ended up awakening Tepoz's paternal rather than romantic side. Or both his paternal and romantic side. . .
eee wrote:I suppose it is good to know she's still wearing underwear. If she'd said she was going commando, that might have been TOO unsubtle.
Especially given that she mentions it while she's bending way over away from Tepoz.
oldmanmickey

Post by oldmanmickey »

Catawampus wrote:
eee wrote:I suppose it is good to know she's still wearing underwear. If she'd said she was going commando, that might have been TOO unsubtle.
Especially given that she mentions it while she's bending way over away from Tepoz.
It was a case of mentioning the, from his point of view, obvious. I dont think either one of these two are clueless. All she has to do is get his brain to switch tracks and get in gear. Given their shared love of things Japanese i believe shes heading in the right direction.
Dear, don’t bore him with trivia or burden him with your past mistakes. The happiest way to deal with a man is never to tell him anything he does not need to know. L. Long
Warrl

Post by Warrl »

oldmanmickey wrote:Given their shared love of things Japanese i believe shes heading in the right direction.
Her head isn't setting the direction... or the course.
TazManiac

Post by TazManiac »

One thing; when your'e making 'Stone Soup', at a certain point, you're supposed to know not to bite down on a rock, if it turns up in your bowl...

Be careful little one; that Little Blue Dude is perhaps tender on the top of his head, you know- where the Anvils tend to land?