Short Notice 2017-02-07

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
lake_wrangler

Short Notice 2017-02-07

Post by lake_wrangler »

So Connie is asking the blind to lead the blind... :lol:

I like her description of Castela... old as dirt, but also a tween girl...
jeffepp

Re: Short Notice 2017-02-07

Post by jeffepp »

Simple answer. Tell him. Most guy's don't do subtle. In fact, guy's that do subtle are not the ones you want to date. Or be in the same room with. Or nation state. Or in a nation state that can be invaded by theirs.
AnotherFairportfan

Post by AnotherFairportfan »

lake_wrangler wrote:So Connie is asking the blind to lead the blind... :lol:

I like her description of Castela... old as dirt, but also a tween girl...
...and i like Castela's description of Connie...
Proof Positive the world is not flat: If it were, cats would have pushed everything off the edge by now.
Opus the Poet

Post by Opus the Poet »

So, confirmation of Castel's antiquity prior to her transformation.
I ride my bike to ride my bike, and sometimes it takes me where I need to go.
Dave

Post by Dave »

Opus the Poet wrote:So, confirmation of Castel's antiquity prior to her transformation.
So, I wonder if either Castela sp., or Prunus spinosa is anything like the bristlecone pine or the creosote bush... capable of surviving to an extreme old age, sometimes by forming a natural clone that can outlive the original trunk and branches?

I doubt that they usually pick up all that much experience with human dating rituals during their long lives, though.

(Other than learning the benefits of sloe dancing, that is.)
GlytchMeister

Post by GlytchMeister »

jeffepp wrote:Simple answer. Tell him. Most guy's don't do subtle. In fact, guy's that do subtle are not the ones you want to date. Or be in the same room with. Or nation state. Or in a nation state that can be invaded by theirs.
Something tells me you aren't a fan of Tarvek...
He's mister GlytchMeister, he's mister code
He's mister exploiter, he's mister ones and zeros
They call me GlytchMeister, whatever I touch
Starts to glitch in my clutch!
I'm too much!
Thor

Post by Thor »

lake_wrangler wrote:So Connie is asking the blind to lead the blind...
Or at least the empty-eye-socketed leading the empty-eye-socketed.
oldmanmickey

Post by oldmanmickey »

Double date city just ahead, please place all trays in the upright and stowed position.
Dear, don’t bore him with trivia or burden him with your past mistakes. The happiest way to deal with a man is never to tell him anything he does not need to know. L. Long
jeffepp

Post by jeffepp »

GlytchMeister wrote:
jeffepp wrote:Simple answer. Tell him. Most guy's don't do subtle. In fact, guy's that do subtle are not the ones you want to date. Or be in the same room with. Or nation state. Or in a nation state that can be invaded by theirs.
Something tells me you aren't a fan of Tarvek...
There is no such thing as a subtle spark. The closest they get is only putting one steam calliope on their 50 foot lightning hammer battle clank. He's sneaky, decetfull, untrustworthy, and a backstabber. But not subtle. Now, Colette, she's smoooth and subtle.
Catawampus

Post by Catawampus »

I wonder just how much Shelly and Connie share in common memory? Because this situation might be saying something about Shelly, too.
oldmanmickey wrote:Double date city just ahead, please place all trays in the upright and stowed position.
For added clueless hijinks, they could have Atsali go along as chaperone and mentor. Or possibly Tsillah.
Dave

Post by Dave »

Catawampus wrote:I wonder just how much Shelly and Connie share in common memory? Because this situation might be saying something about Shelly, too.

For added clueless hijinks, they could have Atsali go along as chaperone and mentor. Or possibly Tsillah.
There won't be a gas grill left intact in the entire Twin City area! :shock:
Gyrrakavian

Post by Gyrrakavian »

Dave wrote:
Opus the Poet wrote:So, confirmation of Castel's antiquity prior to her transformation.
So, I wonder if either Castela sp., or Prunus spinosa is anything like the bristlecone pine or the creosote bush... capable of surviving to an extreme old age, sometimes by forming a natural clone that can outlive the original trunk and branches?

I doubt that they usually pick up all that much experience with human dating rituals during their long lives, though.

(Other than learning the benefits of sloe dancing, that is.)
Her plant form doesn't resemble the welwitschia, so it's probably more similar to one of those.
"Occam's razor is a fine thing, but the universe is a Rube-Goldberg machine."