Be Honest 2017-01-20

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
Alkarii

Re: Be Honest 2017-01-20

Post by Alkarii »

This is why guys hate appreciate when a girl is up front with them.
There is no such thing as a science experiment gone wrong.
jp1

Post by jp1 »

I'm surprised no one is curious about why Castela's not included in the character list for today's comic, or has mentioned it yet...
FreeFlier

Post by FreeFlier »

AnotherFairportfan wrote:
Catawampus wrote:
AnotherFairportfan wrote:Note that Timothy has, pretty much, magically progressed from a scruffy-cute middle-schooler to a neat, rational-looking tween/teen?
Maybe partly due to him cosplaying a certain character? I have no idea who Luffy is, so I don't know if he is typically neat and rational looking.
Heck. I'm talking about since he came on the set in this sequence...
It may be that Timothy has figured out that most girls like that kind of thing, so . . .

--FreeFlier
illiad

Post by illiad »

lake_wrangler wrote:
Drakkenmensch wrote:
lake_wrangler wrote: I also find it somewhat amusing that Timothy apparently had no idea whatsoever that Castela cared for him.
As a guy, I can confirm we definitely ARE that oblivious.
I would agree with you, but I have no idea whatsoever... ;)
yes, men are usually clueless about wimmin, teens doubly so... AND Castela definitely said it WAS NOT a date, any other hint is ONLY vaguely seen by other wimmin... its your own fault, girl... :/ :P
Dave

Post by Dave »

jp1 wrote:I'm surprised no one is curious about why Castela's not included in the character list for today's comic, or has mentioned it yet...
It could be because she isn't there.

Oh, her body is there... but Castela herself is now far, far away. She's somewhere south of Shock, on the Isle of Self-Castigation, shivering in the cold winds blowing down from the mountains of I Really Got This Wrong, realizing that her compass doesn't work at all and that her map of the world didn't say a damn thing about those reefs and shoals.

(Or it could just be that Paul accidentally forgot to include her tag :) )
DemonWolf

Post by DemonWolf »

It's no fun when this sort of thing happens :cry: poor Pickle
Humans as individuals are a mixed lot. Humanity as a species is an organised serial-killer biding his time.
lake_wrangler

Post by lake_wrangler »

Dave wrote:(Or it could just be that Paul accidentally forgot to include her tag :) )
Relatedly or not, DemonWolf wrote:It's no fun when this sort of thing happens :cry: poor Pickle
You're right: it is a terrible thing to have one's tag omitted from a daily comic... :P
FreeFlier

Post by FreeFlier »

DemonWolf wrote:It's no fun when this sort of thing happens :cry: poor Pickle
Though she did manage to completely hold her shape even under that kind of stress . . . even the eyes.

--FreeFlier
AnotherFairportfan

Post by AnotherFairportfan »

FreeFlier wrote:
Though she did manage to completely hold her shape even under that kind of stress . . . even the eyes.

--FreeFlier
Well, sorta.

There's something scary about those eyes. Kinda remind me of Jin's back in her scary days.
Proof Positive the world is not flat: If it were, cats would have pushed everything off the edge by now.
scantrontb

Post by scantrontb »

Dave wrote:
jp1 wrote:I'm surprised no one is curious about why Castela's not included in the character list for today's comic, or has mentioned it yet...
It could be because she isn't there.

Oh, her body is there... but Castela herself is now far, far away. She's somewhere south of Shock, on the Isle of Self-Castigation, shivering in the cold winds blowing down from the mountains of I Really Got This Wrong, realizing that her compass doesn't work at all and that her map of the world didn't say a damn thing about those reefs and shoals.

(Or it could just be that Paul accidentally forgot to include her tag :) )
that and she's in the process of taking a really big Jump to Conclusions... too bad you can't jump back, you can only swim...
Don't planto mihi adveho illac
FreeFlier

Post by FreeFlier »

FreeFlier wrote:
Well, sorta.

There's something scary about those eyes. Kinda remind me of Jin's back in her scary days.
But her eyestalks aren't showing, and the distortion that's there could be unshed tears.

--FreeFlier
Last edited by FreeFlier on Sun Jan 22, 2017 5:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
AnotherFairportfan

FreeFlier wrote:
FreeFlier wrote:Though she did manage to completely hold her shape even under that kind of stress . . . even the eyes.
Well, sorta.

But here eystalks aren't showing, and the distortion that's there could be unshed tears.

--FreeFlier
She's well on her way to snake pupils.
Proof Positive the world is not flat: If it were, cats would have pushed everything off the edge by now.
lake_wrangler

Post by lake_wrangler »

AnotherFairportfan wrote:She's well on her way to snake pupils.
But, but, but... What could she ever have of value/interest to teach to snakes??? :?
:P
Dave

Post by Dave »

lake_wrangler wrote:
But, but, but... What could she ever have of value/interest to teach to snakes??? :?
Math, and sex education. She's a smart kid, and by now I imagine she knows that even adders can multiply on a log table. :mrgreen:
AnotherFairportfan

Dave wrote:
lake_wrangler wrote:
Math, and sex education. She's a smart kid, and by now I imagine she knows that even adders can multiply on a log table. :mrgreen:
You!

Outta here!
FreeFlier

Post by FreeFlier »

Dave wrote:
lake_wrangler wrote:
. . .

The pun jar can hear you, Dave . . .

. . .

It's not happy, Dave . . .
FreeFlier wrote:Though she did manage to completely hold her shape even under that kind of stress . . . even the eyes.
AnotherFairportfan wrote:Well, sorta.

FreeFlier wrote:But her eyestalks aren't showing, and the distortion that's there could be unshed tears.
The ends of her pupils are still round . . . that's the distortion I was talking about. Assuming that her visible eyes aren't pure illusion - and I'd say this argues for an actual change - then tears "piling up" on the lower surface of her eyes could cause a distortion like that until they exceed the surface tension and spill down her cheeks.

--FreeFlier
Armorlord

Post by Armorlord »

FreeFlier wrote:It may be that Timothy has figured out that most girls like that kind of thing, so . . .
This would require Timothy to be able to figure things out. This has not been his strong suit.

I just hope, for everyone's sake, that there really is not any trickery involved.
No moment with Scarlet congratulating herself when she thinks she's alone.
I think that would end poorly.
"Talking to you is sort of the conversational equivalent of an out-of-body experience." -Susie (Calvin and Hobbes)
Dave

Post by Dave »

FreeFlier wrote:
Dave wrote:Math, and sex education. She's a smart kid, and by now I imagine she knows that even adders can multiply on a log table. :mrgreen:
. . .

The pun jar can hear you, Dave . . .

. . .

It's not happy, Dave . . .
(Dave places several well-dried logs of snakewood into the Pun Jar. Sheesh... no wonder nobody actually makes tables out of this stuff... it costs about as much per pound as filet mignon!)
Warrl

Post by Warrl »

Dave wrote:(Dave places several well-dried logs of snakewood into the Pun Jar. Sheesh... no wonder nobody actually makes tables out of this stuff... it costs about as much per pound as filet mignon!)
If filet mignon costs $33/lb, you should shop at a different grocery store.

(It is pretty though...)
FreeFlier

Post by FreeFlier »

Armorlord wrote:
FreeFlier wrote:It may be that Timothy has figured out that most girls like that kind of thing, so . . .
This would require Timothy to be able to figure things out. This has not been his strong suit. . . .
I said that it may be . . .

However, missing that requires an exceptional degree of obliviousness. (Many boys choose to ignore it, which is a different matter.)
Armorlord wrote: . . . I just hope, for everyone's sake, that there really is not any trickery involved.
No moment with Scarlet congratulating herself when she thinks she's alone.
I think that would end poorly.
It would, but I think she's sincere and did the right thing no matter what she expected it to cost her.

--FreeFlier