Would You 2017-01-16

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
DilyV

Would You 2017-01-16

Post by DilyV »

http://wapsisquare.com/comic/would-you/

Ruh-Roh...

I get the feeling Timmeh might be realizing something about now... I get the feeling he's flying about as low as Bruce Crandall in a huey right about now...
You know that light at the end of the tunnel?

Yeah... it's a bullet. Sorry.
oldmanmickey

Re: Would You 2017-01-16

Post by oldmanmickey »

Why am i hearing Capt. Kirk yelling for Mister Sulu to get us out of here and Scottys voice in the background saying we canna go any faster, i'm giving you all shes got?
Dear, don’t bore him with trivia or burden him with your past mistakes. The happiest way to deal with a man is never to tell him anything he does not need to know. L. Long
FreeFlier

Post by FreeFlier »

Well, she's being honest anyway . . .

Now what's Timothy feeling, besides embarrassed?

. . .

I wonder if he'll mention Castela's insistence that it's not a date?

--FreeFlier
GlytchMeister

Post by GlytchMeister »

Ah, hell...
He's mister GlytchMeister, he's mister code
He's mister exploiter, he's mister ones and zeros
They call me GlytchMeister, whatever I touch
Starts to glitch in my clutch!
I'm too much!
Opus the Poet

Post by Opus the Poet »

Oh, Hell! :evil:
I ride my bike to ride my bike, and sometimes it takes me where I need to go.
FreeFlier

Post by FreeFlier »

I also wonder if Castela - or Katherine, for that matter - feels "a grave disturbance in The Force."

--FreeFlier
AnotherFairportfan

Post by AnotherFairportfan »

FreeFlier wrote:Well, she's being honest anyway . . .

"Run away! Run away!"
Proof Positive the world is not flat: If it were, cats would have pushed everything off the edge by now.
Dave

Post by Dave »

FreeFlier wrote:Well, she's being honest anyway . . .

Well, he's claiming social ineptness, but I don't think he's at all stupid. At some point he'll be putting two (Castela's sudden tsundere shifts of mood) and two (Scarlet's leap from casual friend to imma-craaazy-about-you) together, adding himself to the count... and not getting five.

Rather, a scary Three, as in "triangle", as in "Hey, in anime plots... this sort of thing usually doesn't end well, does it? Especially when one of the kids is a super who can throw plasma bolts? And, in this episode I'm the one in the middle?!?"

So, in answer to your question: possibly some variant of "Oh, sh*t."
FirehawkShadowchild

Post by FirehawkShadowchild »

Well it also depends on his feelings for Scarlet and Castela. Is he interested in Scarlet in a "more than friendship" way at all. Does he think about Castela in that way. Is he interested in both?

Maybe he doesn't want to be the boyfriend of either ... than honesty would probably get him out of the frying pan ... and possibly into the fire. But that's a risk he's going to take ... the longer he strings this out the harder the break will get.

Most difficult would be, if he's interested in both and hasn't decided yet.
ShneekeyTheLost

Post by ShneekeyTheLost »

Clearly, absolutely nothing bad can possibly come of this situation...

Honestly, I feel sorry for the poor guy. There is no right answer here. Either 'yes', and Castella rips you and her a new one, or 'no' and you rip her heart out.
Catawampus

Post by Catawampus »

Hmmm. . .so Scarlet is being more honest to him about having such feelings about Timothy, but how honest is she being about not having known that he was going to be there?
FirehawkShadowchild wrote:Most difficult would be, if he's interested in both and hasn't decided yet.
Or if he's interested in both, and has decided. . .on both.

Perhaps he'll just leave the two girls to squabble with each other and will run off with that gal in the bikini who first accosted him at the convention.
Gyrrakavian

Post by Gyrrakavian »

What's that Steven Kng qute about broken hearts?
"Occam's razor is a fine thing, but the universe is a Rube-Goldberg machine."
GlytchMeister

Post by GlytchMeister »

I'm just waiting for the fury that which hell hath not. Hopefully it won't be enough to punch a hole between our universes. As awesome as it might be for me to get sucked into the Wapsiverse, a collision of two universes probably wouldn't turn out well.
He's mister GlytchMeister, he's mister code
He's mister exploiter, he's mister ones and zeros
They call me GlytchMeister, whatever I touch
Starts to glitch in my clutch!
I'm too much!
eee

Post by eee »

Ah. This should be interesting. Not necessarily pleasant, but interesting.

Scarlet's obsession with Timothy is long standing. It seems to have started out as altruistic - helping a lonely, scared, obviously weak fellow classmate - and developed into romance on her part. Castela is after Timmy-Tims due to hormonal overdrive, and her behavior is recent in that she used to regard him as a pest. But why Timothy seems to be ignoring Scarlet and is focused on the Pickle, and apparently always has been, is unclear. Maybe he'll explain that now.
Catawampus wrote:
FirehawkShadowchild wrote:Most difficult would be, if he's interested in both and hasn't decided yet.
Or if he's interested in both, and has decided. . .on both.

Perhaps he'll just leave the two girls to squabble with each other and will run off with that gal in the bikini who first accosted him at the convention.
He's leonine; male lions can have harems.

(Gets the mental image of Timothy post puberty: Eight feet tall, full of muscles, stunningly handsome with a luxuriant mane, extruding such sex appeal and Alpha-ness he has to beat girls off with a stick. THAT would be funny.)
Aleister Crow

Post by Aleister Crow »

Gyrrakavian wrote:What's that Steven Kng qute about broken hearts?
“Hearts can break. Yes, hearts can break. Sometimes I think it would be better if we died when they did, but we don't.”
Whoever coined the phrase "more fun than a barrel of monkeys" obviously never spent an afternoon cramming the little buggers into one.
Dave

Post by Dave »

GlytchMeister wrote:I'm just waiting for the fury that which hell hath not. Hopefully it won't be enough to punch a hole between our universes. As awesome as it might be for me to get sucked into the Wapsiverse, a collision of two universes probably wouldn't turn out well.
Worse yet. The fury which hell hath not, from two young para women, could punch two wormholes in the barrier, stuck you through and then slingshot you back, and you could end up in some awful place or another.
Catawampus

Post by Catawampus »

eee wrote:He's leonine; male lions can have harems.

(Gets the mental image of Timothy post puberty: Eight feet tall, full of muscles, stunningly handsome with a luxuriant mane, extruding such sex appeal and Alpha-ness he has to beat girls off with a stick. THAT would be funny.)
I was under the impression that he was a werewolf, actually. And from what I know of wolves, they're usually life-long monogamous.
eee

Post by eee »

Catawampus wrote:

I was under the impression that he was a werewolf, actually. And from what I know of wolves, they're usually life-long monogamous.
It would appear you are correct and he IS of the lupus family. I misinterpreted the signs

An eight foot tall, muscular werewolf might be even more the sexy. But yes, wolves seem to pair bond.

this makes his attraction to Castela even odder. Unless he's drawn to her scent.
FreeFlier

Post by FreeFlier »

eee wrote:
Catawampus wrote:

It would appear you are correct and he IS of the lupus family. I misinterpreted the signs

An eight foot tall, muscular werewolf might be even more the sexy. But yes, wolves seem to pair bond.

this makes his attraction to Castela even odder. Unless he's drawn to her scent.
I believe that Pablo said he's "part wolf".

And wolves most frequently are monogamous, but not all are.

Wolves vary nearly as much as humans.

And . . . what's the rest of Castela's ancestry? All we know about for sure is the blackthorn . . .
Wolf-who-watches wrote:This one's choice-pack has a sometimes-wolf that is sometimes-seal [too].
:?

--FreeFlier
AnotherFairportfan

Post by AnotherFairportfan »

FreeFlier wrote:And . . . what's the rest of Castela's ancestry? All we know about for sure is the blackthorn . . .
Dognip.
Proof Positive the world is not flat: If it were, cats would have pushed everything off the edge by now.