At Least 2017-01-13

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
AnotherFairportfan

At Least 2017-01-13

Post by AnotherFairportfan »

Proof Positive the world is not flat: If it were, cats would have pushed everything off the edge by now.
ChattaStarhawk

Re: At Least 2017-01-13

Post by ChattaStarhawk »

Throw in a few thousand years and it still wouldn't change... people are funny like that.
FreeFlier

Post by FreeFlier »

The silly little chemicals have sure done a number on our favorite whatsit planimal . . .

--FreeFlier
Alkarii

Post by Alkarii »

Actually, Castela's question does have an answer. The reason why she insisted it wasn't a date was because she was worried that she would seem aggressive, the way Scarlett had.

People who find themselves to be "twitterpated" sometimes feel that if they outright state their interest, it will scare away the other person. It's a way to figuratively dip their toe in the water, and have a chance to save face if they need to step back a bit. People who aren't fully self-confident will try all sorts of subtle tricks to find out what the other person thinks while trying to avoid the awkwardness and sting of being rejected.

Edit: I forgot she didn't understand why she blew up at him. I would guess it's because he "hesitated" (or was just confused; "is she talking about herself? Is she saying she's interested in me?"), which could have been perceived as a reluctance to answer, because he could have been about to point out a bit of hypocrisy on her part ("you mean like you're doing?").

A sudden spike in emotion is often accompanied by a sudden decrease in rational thinking. Hence, outbursts.
There is no such thing as a science experiment gone wrong.
oldmanmickey

Post by oldmanmickey »

Or it could simply be a case of another teenager doing something that makes little or no sense
Dear, don’t bore him with trivia or burden him with your past mistakes. The happiest way to deal with a man is never to tell him anything he does not need to know. L. Long
FreeFlier

Post by FreeFlier »

Teenagers are trying to be confident when that have absoltely no idea what they're doing . . . and know that they don't.

And their hormones are running amuck . . .

Most people are going to have trouble maintaining their equanimity under those conditions.

--FreeFlier
Gyrrakavian

Post by Gyrrakavian »

"Gnothi seauton."
"Know thyself."
"Occam's razor is a fine thing, but the universe is a Rube-Goldberg machine."
FreeFlier

Post by FreeFlier »

Teenagers don't . . . and know they don't.

And the condition frequently persists lifelong . . .

--FreeFlier
DilyV

Post by DilyV »

It's simple really, Castela... Timmah can be fixed with judicious application of a clue-by-four...

What? *looks around* Timmy does seem to be a bit clueless about the obvious affectations of Castela and Scarlett...

I wonder if Scarlett understands how much fate she's tempting doing this to Castela?
You know that light at the end of the tunnel?

Yeah... it's a bullet. Sorry.
oldmanmickey

Post by oldmanmickey »

DilyV wrote: I wonder if Scarlett understands how much fate she's tempting doing this to Castela?
I can just hear her now, "Yea i know that sphinx's devour their defeated opponents but we're not them and besides that don't apply to us we're to young."
Dear, don’t bore him with trivia or burden him with your past mistakes. The happiest way to deal with a man is never to tell him anything he does not need to know. L. Long
Dave

Post by Dave »

oldmanmickey wrote:
DilyV wrote: I wonder if Scarlett understands how much fate she's tempting doing this to Castela?
I can just hear her now, "Yea i know that sphinx's devour their defeated opponents but we're not them and besides that don't apply to us we're to young."
She probably knows, that Castela knows that incinerating ones' classmates will get you sent to the principal's office, with many demerits on your Permanent Record.

And for paras, "Permanent Record" means just that - they scribe it into the Akashic Records and the information never goes away.

For Castela, vaporizing Scarlet would be worse than admitting she can play the accordion - she'd never get a job in a rock'n'roll band!
Opus the Poet

Post by Opus the Poet »

I'm so glad my kids are in their mid to late 30s now...
I ride my bike to ride my bike, and sometimes it takes me where I need to go.
AmriloJim
Location: 35ºN 101ºW (for the GPS-challenged, that's Amarillo TX)

Post by AmriloJim »

Dave wrote:For Castela, vaporizing Scarlet would be worse than admitting she can play the accordion - she'd never get a job in a rock'n'roll band!
And in related news, Weird Al has released a box set entitled "Squeeze Box," encompassing all his previously released albums and some previously unreleased works.
AnotherFairportfan

Post by AnotherFairportfan »

Opus the Poet wrote:I'm so glad my kids are in their mid to late 30s now...
Maggie just turned eleven today, and Natalie will be inne in a few days.

Help
Proof Positive the world is not flat: If it were, cats would have pushed everything off the edge by now.
Gyrrakavian

Post by Gyrrakavian »

FreeFlier wrote:Teenagers don't . . . and know they don't.

And the condition frequently persists lifelong . . .

--FreeFlier
With the occassional exception. *waves hand*
I've also had a rather high interpersonal intelligence. Now, that's not to say I was never self-conscious or unsure of myself, I had that in spades (yay anxiety). I just knew myself a lot better than most people seem to know themselves.
"Occam's razor is a fine thing, but the universe is a Rube-Goldberg machine."
jwhouk

Post by jwhouk »

AmriloJim wrote:
Dave wrote:For Castela, vaporizing Scarlet would be worse than admitting she can play the accordion - she'd never get a job in a rock'n'roll band!
And in related news, Weird Al has released a box set entitled "Squeeze Box," encompassing all his previously released albums and some previously unreleased works.
...but no Prince. :(
"Character is what you are in the dark." - D.L. Moody
"You should never run from the voices in your head. That's how you give them power." - Jin
TazManiac

Post by TazManiac »

jwhouk wrote:
AmriloJim wrote:
...but no Prince. :(

Dude, I've been recently getting conformation (but, really, we already knew) that all the Time Stuff was done, damn near 100%, by Prince- and his family has been wrangling w/ Lawyers; it's hardly been a year since he went to play with Elvis, Jimi Hendrix, David Bowie, and Robert Johnson...

What I'm hoping is some really talented young phenoms getahold of the Archives and go to town...

(Bobby) What you gonna play now?
(James Brown) Bobby, I don't know but whats it ever I play, Its got to be funky!
illiad

Post by illiad »

AnotherFairportfan wrote:
Opus the Poet wrote:I'm so glad my kids are in their mid to late 30s now...
Maggie just turned eleven today, and Natalie will be inne in a few days.

Help
only a few years to go then.... :o :o :o :o :roll: