Meet Later 2017-1-11

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
Alkarii

Meet Later 2017-1-11

Post by Alkarii »

http://wapsisquare.com/comic/meet-later/

Does anyone else think she's referring to herself here?
There is no such thing as a science experiment gone wrong.
AnotherFairportfan

Re: Meet Later 2017-1-11

Post by AnotherFairportfan »

Alkarii wrote:http://wapsisquare.com/comic/meet-later/

Can there be any doubt?
Proof Positive the world is not flat: If it were, cats would have pushed everything off the edge by now.
eee

Post by eee »

That's how I read it.

The wisdom of the Blackthorn shows her the error of her ways. And keeps her from infused nuclear fusion.
Alkarii

Post by Alkarii »

The best option she has is to just apologize to him and explain everything, then walk away from the situation and let him choose. It isn't necessarily a good option, but it's the right thing to do.
FreeFlier

Post by FreeFlier »

eee wrote:

That's how I read it. . . .
That expression in the last panel . . . she knows she screwed up.

--FreeFlier
Thor

Post by Thor »

Alkarii wrote:The best option she has is to just apologize to him and explain everything, then walk away from the situation and let him choose. It isn't necessarily a good option, but it's the right thing to do.
But first she has to admit to herself that she was being a total tsundere, which usually takes at least 8 volumes, if not more.
Opus the Poet

Post by Opus the Poet »

Thor wrote:
Alkarii wrote:The best option she has is to just apologize to him and explain everything, then walk away from the situation and let him choose. It isn't necessarily a good option, but it's the right thing to do.
But first she has to admit to herself that she was being a total tsundere, which usually takes at least 8 volumes, if not more.
Except this isn't manga. That would be several years in the Wapsiverse at 5 pages a week and several interwoven plot lines. I expect this will be sorta resolved by May or June at the latest,
I ride my bike to ride my bike, and sometimes it takes me where I need to go.
Atomic

Post by Atomic »

I've always wondered about the person who plays hard to get vs the object of their desires, then wonders why the other person keeps going elsewhere.

If many romantic comedies were actual life, the woo-er would be arrested for stalking the woo-ee and subject to a restraining order!
Don't let other peoples limitations become your constraints!

My Deviant Art scribbles
The Atomic Guide to Basic GIMP Stuff
GlytchMeister

Post by GlytchMeister »

Atomic wrote:I've always wondered about the person who plays hard to get vs the object of their desires, then wonders why the other person keeps going elsewhere.

If many romantic comedies were actual life, the woo-er would be arrested for stalking the woo-ee and subject to a restraining order!
Hollywood and pop culture have, uh, really screwed a lot of things up in our culture. Like, bigtime. "List as long as my arm" comes to mind.
He's mister GlytchMeister, he's mister code
He's mister exploiter, he's mister ones and zeros
They call me GlytchMeister, whatever I touch
Starts to glitch in my clutch!
I'm too much!
Alkarii

Post by Alkarii »

You, sir, must have either really long arms, or have mastered the art of fine print.

But yeah, playing hard-to-get is actually quite often a big mistake, as it can not only be frustrating as hell to the other party, but send the message that whoever is playing that game really just doesn't want to be with the person pursuing them (or anyone at all).
TheDOCTOR
Location: Pittsburgh,Pa. via Gallifrey, in Constallation of Kastaborus

Post by TheDOCTOR »

Poor Castella. I feel sorry for her. :(
Dave

Post by Dave »

Alkarii wrote:Does anyone else think she's referring to herself here?
Oh, absolutely.

I think she's just had That Experience. Most of us have, at one point or another in our lives. It's like a bucket of cold water down the spine... when our own blindness suddenly melts away, and we realize what we've done, and how much we've completely screwed up the very thing we had hoped to accomplish. :(

It sucks, because we usually can't fix it and we have none to blame but ourselves.

Her situation reminds me of a rather painful Babylon 5 episode, where the hopes for peace have failed and a war that nobody seems to want becomes inevitable: "And All My Dreams, Torn Asunder".
Drakkenmensch

Post by Drakkenmensch »

From personal experience, you should NOT play the "he should be able to read between the lines and get the message I'm not sending directly" game with a boy the age of Timothy. At his age, I accepted EVERYTHING I saw at face value and would 100% accept "this is not a date" as being the message. If she wants him to date her, she should not play hard to get otherwise she's just going to keep pushing him away into someone else's arms.
GlytchMeister

Post by GlytchMeister »

Drakkenmensch wrote:From personal experience, you should NOT play the "he should be able to read between the lines and get the message I'm not sending directly" game with a boy the age of Timothy. At his age, I accepted EVERYTHING I saw at face value and would 100% accept "this is not a date" as being the message. If she wants him to date her, she should not play hard to get otherwise she's just going to keep pushing him away into someone else's arms.
I don't care what age it's happening at. If the woman tells me it's not a date, I'm gonna act like it's not a date. I'm not going to try to pressure her or force the event into becoming a date. That is a violation of the concept of consent, and I'll be damned if I don't dry my hardest not to mess that up. And if she's too immature to acknowledge to herself that she wants a date, I'm probably not gonna be interested in the first place.
He's mister GlytchMeister, he's mister code
He's mister exploiter, he's mister ones and zeros
They call me GlytchMeister, whatever I touch
Starts to glitch in my clutch!
I'm too much!
Swedish Chef

Post by Swedish Chef »

Drakkenmensch wrote:From personal experience, you should NOT play the "he should be able to read between the lines and get the message I'm not sending directly" game with a boy whatever his age . Whatever the age, I accept EVERYTHING I saw at face value and would 100% accept "this is not a date" as being the message. If she wants him to date her, she should not play hard to get otherwise she's just going to keep pushing him away into someone else's arms.
Fixed for you. The only difference is, with age, you start realising you just got tricked a bit sooner
Lurk lurk lurk!
illiad

Post by illiad »

yeah, 'subtle' is NOT something many men know about...

... and that switch has been used SO many times, it is loose.. :P
oldmanmickey

Post by oldmanmickey »

Yea i am thinking she just had her eyes opened via a strong dose of reality. Timmy played it smart to, showing he was open to a date but that pickle chose for it not to be.
Dear, don’t bore him with trivia or burden him with your past mistakes. The happiest way to deal with a man is never to tell him anything he does not need to know. L. Long
Armorlord

Post by Armorlord »

Panel 1: Uh oh, oh no.
Panel 2: Oh crap! Pickle no!
Panel 3: Whew! Awww, it'll be ok Pickle.
"Talking to you is sort of the conversational equivalent of an out-of-body experience." -Susie (Calvin and Hobbes)
Alkarii

Post by Alkarii »

Hmmm... I feel there's a possibility that at some point, Timmy is still going to tell Scarlett (one or two t's? Too groggy to look right now) that he doesn't want to be with her. After all, she has been pretty much showing that she believes he is shallow, which anyone would find insulting, regardless of whether or not they actually are.

It's also possible that he doesn't like how he reacts to girls with large breasts, and that may even be part of the reason he wanted to study with Castela in the first place: He won't typically have the same difficulty talking to her.
oldmanmickey

Post by oldmanmickey »

Alkarii wrote:Hmmm... I feel there's a possibility that at some point, Timmy is still going to tell Scarlett (one or two t's? Too groggy to look right now) that he doesn't want to be with her. After all, she has been pretty much showing that she believes he is shallow, which anyone would find insulting, regardless of whether or not they actually are.

It's also possible that he doesn't like how he reacts to girls with large breasts, and that may even be part of the reason he wanted to study with Castela in the first place: He won't typically have the same difficulty talking to her.
And with her he could also study school lessons instead of something else.
Dear, don’t bore him with trivia or burden him with your past mistakes. The happiest way to deal with a man is never to tell him anything he does not need to know. L. Long