Big Deal 2017-01-04

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
Gyrrakavian

Re: Big Deal 2017-01-04

Post by Gyrrakavian »

Grantcmccormick wrote:I am surprised that we don't see Atsali and her group there, or Monica and/or Shelly. They are all as much the type of nerds that would be attracted by this!

But back to Castella: Does anyone else see the irony of a genuine superheroine attending an anime convention? I wonder if there are any Porta-Poos nearby, just in case?
Maxima from Grrl Power admits that she "used to be sort of a nerd".
"Occam's razor is a fine thing, but the universe is a Rube-Goldberg machine."
Catawampus

Post by Catawampus »

At least here if Castela partly loses control of her glamour, she won't immediately stand out as anything unusually unusual. Unless her eyes go; hollow sockets with wiggly tendrils might be a bit much to try to pass off with nonchalance.
Grantcmccormick wrote:I am surprised that we don't see Atsali and her group there, or Monica and/or Shelly. They are all as much the type of nerds that would be attracted by this!
Well, Atsali obviously knew about it, so maybe she just has better things to be doing. Or is going on a different day, or already went.

Perhaps we'll see Monica and Jin cosplaying again, though.
AnotherFairportfan wrote:Of all the characters we know, i'd actually pick Beckie or wossname - the little nerd with the glasses who works at Punk Yoga.
Luci?
lake_wrangler

Post by lake_wrangler »

eee wrote:More than the cat or the costume details, though, the hair odangos are a dead give-away as to which scout he's cosplaying. Moon, of course.
A dead giveaway for anyone familiar with the series, that is... I had to look it up: I looked at each character's wiki page, to compare hair styles, before I could deduce it was Sailor Moon...
FreeFlier

Post by FreeFlier »

eee wrote:Been there. Done that. Have the T-shirt. Several of them, in fact. And the name badges.
Yep.

Not as many as I'd like, though . . . and I can't walk well enough these days.
eee wrote:"Plushies, 5 / 8$" isn't bad, depending on the plushie.
Actually, that looks like

PLUSHIES
$18

to me . . . They look to be about a foot-and-a-half tall, so maybe it's $1/inch?
Catawampus wrote:At least here if Castela partly loses control of her glamour, she won't immediately stand out as anything unusually unusual. Unless her eyes go; hollow sockets with wiggly tendrils might be a bit much to try to pass off with nonchalance.
A power nerd would want to know how she got the effect . . .
Catawampus wrote:
Well, Atsali obviously knew about it, so maybe she just has better things to be doing. Or is going on a different day, or already went.
Or is waiting for Nadette to be available . . .
Grantcmccormick wrote:Perhaps we'll see Monica and Jin cosplaying again, though.
Well, we don't know who's wearing the bear costume . . .
Grantcmccormick wrote:
AnotherFairportfan wrote:Of all the characters we know, i'd actually pick Beckie or wossname - the little nerd with the glasses who works at Punk Yoga.
Luci?
I think that's her name, but I don't read her quite that way . . . though if she can display her ink, maybe.

--FreeFlier
Last edited by FreeFlier on Thu Jan 05, 2017 9:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
lake_wrangler

Post by lake_wrangler »

So...

Who's the girl with the skull hat cosplaying?
Where does that bear actually come from, anime-wise?
Who's the girl behind Naruto supposed to be?

Enquiring minds want to know...
Opus the Poet

Post by Opus the Poet »

lake_wrangler wrote:So...

Where does that bear actually come from, anime-wise?

Enquiring minds want to know...
Teddy Bomber from Cowboy Bebop?
I ride my bike to ride my bike, and sometimes it takes me where I need to go.
AnotherFairportfan

Post by AnotherFairportfan »

I fear me that the not-a-date may turn into the worst aspects of a very-much-a-date any second...
Proof Positive the world is not flat: If it were, cats would have pushed everything off the edge by now.
TazManiac

Post by TazManiac »

I keep remembering a Stuffed Bear in this film, but I cant seem to find a picture online of him...