New Year's Eve 2016-12-31

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
Opus the Poet

New Year's Eve 2016-12-31

Post by Opus the Poet »

He snuck one in on us.

Linky: http://wapsisquare.com/comic/new-years-eve/
I ride my bike to ride my bike, and sometimes it takes me where I need to go.
AnotherFairportfan

Re: New Year's Eve 2016-12-31

Post by AnotherFairportfan »

Opus the Poet wrote:He snuck one in on us.

Linky: http://wapsisquare.com/comic/new-years-eve/
Where's the fuzzy ears and tail?

I wonder if this would have been Friday's page if Monday hadn't been wiped out - this needed to be up by today.
Proof Positive the world is not flat: If it were, cats would have pushed everything off the edge by now.
DilyV

Post by DilyV »

Why do I get the feeling that Tsillah helped Nadette pick her dress? heheheeee
You know that light at the end of the tunnel?

Yeah... it's a bullet. Sorry.
jeffepp

Post by jeffepp »

I would say Nad climbed in, but there isn't really anywhere to climb into with that dress.
FreeFlier

Post by FreeFlier »

jeffepp wrote:I would say Nad climbed in, but there isn't really anywhere to climb into with that dress.
She's trying . . .

--FreeFlier
eee

Post by eee »

And now, seeing the front of the dress fully, we can see why Atsali worried about accidental exposure. There's not much there, there.

Although apparently Nadette likes. (Don't be so tentative, Atsali! Nadette would love your appearance, even if all you wore were strategically placed band-aides! In fact, possibly more so.)
Dave

Post by Dave »

I love how uncertain and vulnerable Atsali looks in the second frame... beautifully drawn.

Unfortunately, due to the way the third frame is drawn, we can't actually see the condition of Nadette's socks... we can only infer from her expression that they're probably over on the other side of the dance floor. :D
AnotherFairportfan

eee wrote:And now, seeing the front of the dress fully, we can see why Atsali worried about accidental exposure. There's not much there, there.

Although apparently Nadette likes. (Don't be so tentative, Atsali! Nadette would love your appearance, even if all you wore were strategically placed band-aides! In fact, possibly more so.)
I wish i could find the photo i had from years ago of one of the more ... aggressive? bold? ... costumers we used to have in Southern fandom - she spent one day at a Chattacon wearing a costume ... maybe "a costume" would be a better phrasing? ... that consisted basically of three sea shells (one larger than the other two) a girdle (in the old sense of "decorative belt") and two long, wide strips of gauze...
Proof Positive the world is not flat: If it were, cats would have pushed everything off the edge by now.
AnotherFairportfan

I note that Atsali - perhaps instinctively, and just what set of instincts might be open to speculation - has grabbed two handsful.
Dave

Post by Dave »

AnotherFairportfan wrote:I wish i could find the photo i had from years ago of one of the more ... aggressive? bold? ... costumers we used to have in Southern fandom - she spent one day at a Chattacon wearing a costume ... maybe "a costume" would be a better phrasing? ... that consisted basically of three sea shells (one larger than the other two) a girdle (in the old sense of "decorative belt") and two long, wide strips of gauze...
Isn't that the definition of a modern bikini - three band-aids and a worried expression?
Sgt. Howard

Post by Sgt. Howard »

Atsali is probably one of the few creatures that could properly flesh out that outfit- stunning! Absolutely stunning... as in four car pile-up should she go walking down the street... and yes, I can see where she might get 'twitchy' about wearing it.
TBH, it looks like something Yanna could 'Shine to the nines'...
Rule 17 of the Bombay Golf Course- "You shall play the ball where the monkey drops it,"
I speak fluent Limrick-
the Old Sgt.
illiad

Post by illiad »

Sgt. Howard wrote:Atsali is probably one of the few creatures that could properly flesh out that outfit- stunning! Absolutely stunning... as in four car pile-up should she go walking down the street... and yes, I can see where she might get 'twitchy' about wearing it.
TBH, it looks like something Yanna could 'Shine to the nines'...
well I have seen stars at award ceremonies wearing MUCH less...... :P
eg.'pelvic cleavage!' :O

'seethru' Rihanna..

there are more, and one similar to Atsali's dress :)
AnotherFairportfan

No matter how worried she looks in Panel Two, she's apparently absorbed something from shots of fashion models she's seen...
Dave

Post by Dave »

AnotherFairportfan wrote:No matter how worried she looks in Panel Two, she's apparently absorbed something from shots of fashion models she's seen...
The stance?
Catawampus

Post by Catawampus »

Well, somebody seems to appreciate the dress. Or at least what's in it.
DilyV wrote:Why do I get the feeling that Tsillah helped Nadette pick her dress? heheheeee
You're saying that it's tsilly looking?
Dave wrote:Unfortunately, due to the way the third frame is drawn, we can't actually see the condition of Nadette's socks... we can only infer from her expression that they're probably over on the other side of the dance floor. :D
And if Nadette was actually wearing socks that could be removed, well, even Atsali finally figured out what that implies!
Warrl

Post by Warrl »

But as for not having a lot of material, like Atsali requested, I think her dress may have more material below the waist than Nadette's has in total.
FreeFlier

Post by FreeFlier »

Dave wrote:
AnotherFairportfan wrote:I wish i could find the photo i had from years ago of one of the more ... aggressive? bold? ... costumers we used to have in Southern fandom - she spent one day at a Chattacon wearing a costume ... maybe "a costume" would be a better phrasing? ... that consisted basically of three sea shells (one larger than the other two) a girdle (in the old sense of "decorative belt") and two long, wide strips of gauze...
Isn't that the definition of a modern bikini - three band-aids and a worried expression?
One older phrase was "two sequins and a cork" . . .

I once wrote an amusing bit where two college girls in a craft store run across "the biggest sequins I've ever seen!"

One of them then gets an impish/wicked espression, starts selecting pairs of sequins and asks if they have corks . . .

(It's strongly suggested that it's for a select audience . . . of one.)

(Part of the amusement factor was the role-inversion: the sex-bomb was clueless and the girl-next-door was buying.)

--FreeFlier
AnotherFairportfan

Dave wrote:
AnotherFairportfan wrote:No matter how worried she looks in Panel Two, she's apparently absorbed something from shots of fashion models she's seen...
The stance?
yep
Gyrrakavian

Post by Gyrrakavian »

Please pardon my male ignorance, but what's the piece of fabric Atsali has around her neck and arms? Would it be considered a scarf, a boa, or something else?

"Shawl" just feels like the wrong word.
"Occam's razor is a fine thing, but the universe is a Rube-Goldberg machine."
illiad

Post by illiad »

I think its actually part of the dress.. its fixed to her wrists.. see http://wapsisquare.com/comic/suck-on-a-lemon/