Friggin Dead 2012-10-04

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
TlalocW

Re: Friggin Dead 2012-10-04

Post by TlalocW »

bmonk wrote:
donoho wrote:Am I the only one who has NO IDEA what a Jaguar Girl is?!?
I'm in that group too. I suspect many of us are. Be not afraid--all will be revealed in time. Or else, other more pressing issues will come up to distract us.
In Meso-American mythology, several tribes including Olmecs, Aztecs, and Maya believed that Jaguars were able to walk in both the physical and spiritual world, much like Monica appears to be doing.

TlalocW
nerf-dweller

Post by nerf-dweller »

I wonder if Bud and Shelly will have the urge to play dress up with Monica's body while she's not home. Put on a frilly dress, lots of makeup, hair up in pony tails and curls. Oh, and Brandy, if she get's words, the sky's the limit.
Jabberwonky

Post by Jabberwonky »

bmonk wrote:
Casey wrote:I believe she is what you would call "only mostly dead."
Which is good, because if she were dead, you'd have trouble finding pockets in her outfit to go through looking for loose change.
Haa-ha! One of those moments when I'm glad I work mostly alone. Head thrown back bray of laughter that my best friend call my 'John Cleese laugh."

:lol:
"The price of perfection is prohibitive." - Anonymous
Atomic

Post by Atomic »

nerf-dweller wrote:I wonder if Bud and Shelly will have the urge to play dress up with Monica's body while she's not home. Put on a frilly dress, lots of makeup, hair up in pony tails and curls. Oh, and Brandy, if she get's words, the sky's the limit.
Darla Dimples, anyone? But busty....
Don't let other peoples limitations become your constraints!

My Deviant Art scribbles
The Atomic Guide to Basic GIMP Stuff
Bathorys Daughter

Post by Bathorys Daughter »

bmonk wrote:
I'm in that group too. I suspect many of us are. Be not afraid--all will be revealed in time. Or else, other more pressing issues will come up to distract us.
And if there is one group that is easily distracted, it's us. Noting the recent controversy over the issue of "the phantom glove." An issue which was fortunately resolved before I could chime in and make my usual fool of myself.
A society should not be judged on how it treats its outstanding citizens but by how it treats its criminals... ~ Fyodor Dostoevsky.
chibichibi01

Post by chibichibi01 »

lake_wrangler wrote:
chibichibi01 wrote:
Atomic wrote: There's Klingons off the starborard bow, starboard bow, starboard bow! There's Klingons off the starborard bow, starboard bow, Jim!

Sooo -- Monica gave up the ghost, eh?
It's worse than that, it's physics, Jim!
Well, at least, we're moving forward with the story... even if only because they can't find 'Reverse'...
<3

You guys have no idea how much i love all of you and ya'lls senses of humor <3

Also, for you Atomic who posted Darla Dimple, you win everything.
ImageImage
Amethyst Shadow

Post by Amethyst Shadow »

I think someone is going to need a hug after this is all said and done :o
"There is no true equity of power. There is only more and less."
Bathorys Daughter

nerf-dweller wrote:I wonder if Bud and Shelly will have the urge to play dress up with Monica's body while she's not home. Put on a frilly dress, lots of makeup, hair up in pony tails and curls. Oh, and Brandy, if she get's words, the sky's the limit.
Maybe that's how they'll give her the necessary incentive to figure out how to return to her body. If that doesn't work there is always the magic marker drawing on her face, coupled with stacking all sorts of things around her and duct taping her to the wall. Then threatening to make a youtube video of the scene. :shock:
A society should not be judged on how it treats its outstanding citizens but by how it treats its criminals... ~ Fyodor Dostoevsky.
chaotik74

Post by chaotik74 »

Am i the only one who misses when this comic DIDN"T involve superpowers and mystical creatures every-blinking-day?
Bathorys Daughter

chaotik74 wrote:Am i the only one who misses when this comic DIDN"T involve superpowers and mystical creatures every-blinking-day?
I miss it too. It was charming and more often funny back at the start. Even the original art was cute and fit the comedy motif well. But then, the subsequent story has become soooo very engrossing and utterly unique when compared to similar stories. Especially in it's treatment of the supernatural characters involved. So many characters and possible offshoot story lines (like Shellinx in Time Tree Land). It's truly mind boggling. Too bad the two could not have somehow split into two cartoon series. Sort of like alternate time-lines.
Aleister Crow

Post by Aleister Crow »

WILD UNFOUNDED THEORY TIME

Monica didn't actually survive the bus accident. She's been a ghost possessing her own body the entire time. She "survived" being stabbed in the head (leaving behind a sizable piece of metal), because she's already dead.

"I'll tell Phix you're dead." Nudge wasn't kidding.
Whoever coined the phrase "more fun than a barrel of monkeys" obviously never spent an afternoon cramming the little buggers into one.
Yamara

Post by Yamara »

chaotik74 wrote:Am i the only one who misses when this comic DIDN"T involve superpowers and mystical creatures every-blinking-day?
Oh c'mon, it's been there since Day Two.
Jürgen A. Erhard wrote:You know, with all this happening, I'm a bit afraid of tomorrow. You know, Friday, the day of the hanging off the cliff?
Look just because it's 2012 doesn't mean this is OHOLEEGEEZEZ--

THIS MIGHT NOT END WELL: TOMB OF MAYAN WARRIOR QUEEN UNCOVERED BY BAND OF HAPLESS ARCHAEOLOGISTS
PunPalsm the fastest way to pay the pun jar

Do Not Taunt Happy Fun Baal.
Lee M

Post by Lee M »

Well, it would be nice to check in on Owen and Lakshmi occasionally... povided they haven't turned into dinosaur zombies.
The paper maker is the basest of all creatures. He deprives the beggar of his rags to make white sheets for editors to lie on.
--early 20th century school essay, from Fresh Howlers, ed. H. Cecil Hunt (UK, 1930)
meisdadoo

Post by meisdadoo »

Casey wrote:That's not a pun. Unless we have a separate jar for Princess Bride references. Fine. How about this? She's not among the living, so she can't be killed, but neither is she dead.
Schrodinger strikes again. . . :shock:

Seriously though, whtdafq just happened?
Where are we going and why am I in this handbasket?
Dave

Post by Dave »

Lee M wrote:
Well, it would be nice to check in on Owen and Lakshmi occasionally... povided they haven't turned into dinosaur zombies.
Trust me... marriage does not have that effect. Well, usually not.
Fairportfan

Post by Fairportfan »

bmonk wrote:
Remember - i don't have the specific page in mind - that Monica mentioned the jaguar image in the temple with the gear (or whatever) and pointed out that jaguars were spirit messengers or something like that.

Maybe like Antimony, over at Gunnerkrigg Court?
Not even duct tape can fix stupid. But it can muffle the noise.
=====================
Peace through superior firepower - ain't nothin' more peaceful than a dead troublemaker.
=====================
mike weber
Fairportfan

Post by Fairportfan »

Like Grace(?) with Nanase's fairy doll?
Not even duct tape can fix stupid. But it can muffle the noise.
=====================
Peace through superior firepower - ain't nothin' more peaceful than a dead troublemaker.
=====================
mike weber
Opus the Poet

Post by Opus the Poet »

Probably.
I ride my bike to ride my bike, and sometimes it takes me where I need to go.
Mark N

Post by Mark N »

Dave wrote:
Lee M wrote:
Well once the parenthood part starts then the zombie phase comes with it (At least for the first 2 years with lack of sleep and the onset of parental worry)
This message is brought to you by the "Let the artist know how much you LOVE his work" council.
Dave

Post by Dave »

Mark N wrote:
Dave wrote:
Lee M wrote:Well, it would be nice to check in on Owen and Lakshmi occasionally... povided they haven't turned into dinosaur zombies.
Well once the parenthood part starts then the zombie phase comes with it (At least for the first 2 years with lack of sleep and the onset of parental worry)
Right... but the dinosaur part doesn't kick in until the kids reach adolescence (at least, that's how most adolescents seem to see their parents), and at that point the sleep-deprivation period is over and the parents are de-zombified.

So, Owen and Lakshmi could very well turn into zombies, and turn into dinosaurs later, but they aren't all that likely to ever be dinosaur zombies. Unless, of course, they have their children spaced out over a very long period of time.