Pulling Apart 2012-10-03

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
shadowinthelight

Pulling Apart 2012-10-03

Post by shadowinthelight »

Monica, you are looking a little pale.
Julie, about Wapsi Square wrote:Oh goodness yes. So much paranormal!

Image My deviantART and YouTube.
I'm done thinking for today! It's caused me enough trouble!
nerf-dweller

Re: Pulling Apart 2012-10-03

Post by nerf-dweller »

Monica is totally beside herself now.

And me goes to Confusion Corner. Because I have no idea of what's happening. And Paul's topped himself with 3 cliff hangers on a roll.

* makes sure it's still not Friday....
Last edited by nerf-dweller on Wed Oct 03, 2012 12:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dave

Post by Dave »

Well, the possibilities here are quite fascinating.

Just think... Monica has a new ability she can share with Kevin, the next time he comes over to spend the night.

Oestral projection.

(not sure what the Jar will demand for that, but I'm sure one of its acolytes will make its requirements known before long)

Actually, this new "thing" may make reasonable sense. If a Jaguar Girl is in fact able to act as an intermediary with the dead, some sort of ability to travel to a "spirit realm" seems called for. In many shamanic traditions this is an "out of body" ability that the shaman is said to be granted... the physical body remains in a trance and the spirit travels elsewhere. We may be seeing Monica's breakthrough initiation into that sort of ability.
Last edited by Dave on Wed Oct 03, 2012 12:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
sonicthunder

Post by sonicthunder »

Well, this seemed unnecessary. I'm curious to see how this scenario develops, considering Shelly's prior discussions about the prospect of souls post-Shellynx.
TlalocW

Post by TlalocW »

I saw this coming from a mile away. Paul is becoming so predictable.

Just kidding. :)

TlalocW
Casey

Post by Casey »

Is Bud going to freak out, or is she going to FREAK OUT?
Mark N

Post by Mark N »

Well Monica did see her body vacant at one time by the demons and shown that without them she is an empty husk. This may be the next step, that she can do like Tina and let her body go empty. I am also looking at this as the opposite of Tsillah's shadow. Tsillah has the shadows and Monica has the light.

Next we find out if Dietzel or Oscar have anything in common with Baxter and Boo. :P
This message is brought to you by the "Let the artist know how much you LOVE his work" council.
Atomic

Post by Atomic »

Excellent, Mark N!

Basically what I was going to offer. Basically, Monica is meeting her Demon of Self! Parallel, but not exactly Tina, but....
Don't let other peoples limitations become your constraints!

My Deviant Art scribbles
The Atomic Guide to Basic GIMP Stuff
Jabberwonky

Post by Jabberwonky »

Dave wrote:Well, the possibilities here are quite fascinating.

Just think... Monica has a new ability she can share with Kevin, the next time he comes over to spend the night.

Oestral projection.

(not sure what the Jar will demand for that, but I'm sure one of its acolytes will make its requirements known before long).
Considering her current condition, a copy of the Karma Sutra?
"The price of perfection is prohibitive." - Anonymous
Shademaker

Post by Shademaker »

ok, i usually have some guesses...not this time tho. Yet I am sure Paul will pull it out. Kinda like flying with a stunt pilot: ur not sure what he's doin, or why, and u know ur riding 3 manoevers behind. But you know that you will be landing safely. Sooner or later.
ShadOBabe

Post by ShadOBabe »

*parks butt in a bean-bag chair in Confusion Corner*
stjen

Post by stjen »

I'm still not convinced. Yesterday I said that I think Shelly thinks this is just M getting over a bad hangover and doesn't realize that she's separating her body and soul. We'll have to find out the truth in tomorrow's reaction.
waldosan

Post by waldosan »

what? this is like seriously out of the blue! i mean there's no precedence for this in the entirety of wapsi square, not only has monica seperated her spirit and body but both Bud and Shelly are able to hear her... this is interesting...
Bathorys Daughter

Post by Bathorys Daughter »

So THIS is what was meant by Monica being her own doorway. Big time OBE ability! Apparently she can now leave her body. Of course this has scared her to death. She may think she has died, since that's usually the normal way for the soul to leave the body. It may have happened to her before when she actually died as a child. For whatever reason this ability has manifested itself now. The essence of Monica is floating free and she's terrified. Who wouldn't be? Could be Shelly can do this too since she is a doorway as well.

I still think Shelly is enjoying this way too much.
A society should not be judged on how it treats its outstanding citizens but by how it treats its criminals... ~ Fyodor Dostoevsky.
Opus the Poet

Post by Opus the Poet »

Bathorys Daughter wrote:I still think Shelly is enjoying this way too much.

I think you may be right. :ugeek:

Seriously this looks like M may have developed an ability to jump bodies, and "borrow" one at some time in the future.
I ride my bike to ride my bike, and sometimes it takes me where I need to go.
NOTDilbert

Post by NOTDilbert »

Bathorys Daughter wrote:So THIS is what was meant by Monica being her own doorway. Big time OBE ability! Apparently she can now leave her body. Of course this has scared her to death. She may think she has died, since that's usually the normal way for the soul to leave the body. It may have happened to her before when she actually died as a child. For whatever reason this ability has manifested itself now. The essence of Monica is floating free and she's terrified. Who wouldn't be? Could be Shelly can do this too since she is a doorway as well.

I still think Shelly is enjoying this way too much.
Hopefully she has the 'silver cord' or 'silver tether' that ties the spirit to the body during an OBE. I think you hit the nail on the head - she may now be able to remember the details of her childhood death (after the bus crash). And the 'you are your own doorway' statement now makes perfect sense.

Where in space-time will she go now?
(BTW - why does Phix have pictures of Bathorys Daughter in her private Quarters?) ;)
"Imagination is more important than Knowledge" - Albert Einstein
"History doesn't repeat itself, but it DOES rhyme" - Mark Twain
"Always. Expect. Ninjas." - Syndey Scoville
shadowinthelight

Post by shadowinthelight »

Opus the Poet wrote:Seriously this looks like M may have developed an ability to jump bodies, and "borrow" one at some time in the future.
I think the only bodies she is interested in jumping are Kevin's and Gerard Butler's. ;)
Julie, about Wapsi Square wrote:Oh goodness yes. So much paranormal!

Image My deviantART and YouTube.
I'm done thinking for today! It's caused me enough trouble!
Jürgen A. Erhard

Post by Jürgen A. Erhard »

Opus the Poet wrote:
Bathorys Daughter wrote:I still think Shelly is enjoying this way too much.

I think you may be right. :ugeek:

Seriously this looks like M may have developed an ability to jump bodies, and "borrow" one at some time in the future.
Are you pondering what I'm pondering, Opus? Tinica?
zachariah

Post by zachariah »

The way Shelly is reacting implies this has happened before. I suspect the images are how Minica feels when badly hung over upon waking and realizes that last super jalpino burrito was one too many. The cry for Shelly is for COFFEE! Now we'll get to see the pocket elf the morning after a binge before she get's a chance to put herself together again. The next strip is NOT FOR THE WEAK OF HEART. Odds on Monica makes a break for the bathroom.

The room is spinning, My head is splitting, I can't get off the floor.
The bathroom is calling, So I start crawling, Gravity wins once more.
Ambush questions are fun. Watching the mental impact of them as they distort, or crumble, opinions based on faulty logic.
Jabberwonky

Post by Jabberwonky »

NOTDilbert wrote:(BTW - why does Phix have pictures of Bathorys Daughter in her private Quarters?) ;)
Paul's habit of seeding a story long before it comes to fruition, even Bathory's Daughter might not know.

Yet...
"The price of perfection is prohibitive." - Anonymous