Pulling Apart 2012-10-03

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
Fairportfan

Re: Pulling Apart 2012-10-03

Post by Fairportfan »

Not even duct tape can fix stupid. But it can muffle the noise.
=====================
Peace through superior firepower - ain't nothin' more peaceful than a dead troublemaker.
=====================
mike weber
meisdadoo

Post by meisdadoo »

Shellyyy

wat r u doin

Sheeelllyyy

staaaahhhp

(Sorry, couldn't resist ^_^ )
Where are we going and why am I in this handbasket?
kingklash

Post by kingklash »

Zoinks! A G-g-g-g-ghost!
Aleister Crow

Post by Aleister Crow »

Random funny thought- Monica in ghost form pays Amanda a visit. "BOO!"
Whoever coined the phrase "more fun than a barrel of monkeys" obviously never spent an afternoon cramming the little buggers into one.
Yamara

Post by Yamara »

HEY LOOK, AMANDA!

I'M A CIRCLE OF CONFUSION.
PunPalsm the fastest way to pay the pun jar

Do Not Taunt Happy Fun Baal.
Atomic

Post by Atomic »

Jürgen A. Erhard wrote:
Opus the Poet wrote:
Bathorys Daughter wrote:I still think Shelly is enjoying this way too much.
I think you may be right. :ugeek:

Seriously this looks like M may have developed an ability to jump bodies, and "borrow" one at some time in the future.
Are you pondering what I'm pondering, Opus? Tinica?
<Pinky>Yes, but where are we going to get 3 quarts of cinnamon oatmeal and a Llama at this hour? </Pinky>
Don't let other peoples limitations become your constraints!

My Deviant Art scribbles
The Atomic Guide to Basic GIMP Stuff
Yamara

Post by Yamara »

Aleister Crow wrote:Random funny thought- Monica in ghost form pays Amanda a visit. "BOO!"
Great minds think in melded syncopation!

(Also, "Iä" translates as "I hunger" in Aklo. So pack a lunch!)

Aleister Crow

Post by Aleister Crow »

Yamara wrote:
Aleister Crow wrote:Random funny thought- Monica in ghost form pays Amanda a visit. "BOO!"
:shock: You can hear the voices, too?

Yamara wrote:(Also, "Iä" translates as "I hunger" in Aklo. So pack a lunch!)
Takes the song to a whole new level, doesn't it? :twisted:
Whoever coined the phrase "more fun than a barrel of monkeys" obviously never spent an afternoon cramming the little buggers into one.
eee

Post by eee »

I'm still thinking Bud is being way too calm about this. Monica's screaming in terror; her primary Golem bodyguard should be RIGHT THERE finding out what's going on. Instead, she's following Shelly's lead and not being particularly panicky. Either she and Shelly had a talk and Bud knew something like this was coming, or it's happened before. Hopefully we'll find out what, soon. :?:
Yamara

Post by Yamara »

Aleister Crow wrote:
Yamara wrote:
:shock: You can hear the voices, too?
They say, "Here's a new chew toy, Selenium!" :mrgreen:

They've been saying that to me for awhile, actually.
Aleister Crow wrote:
Yamara wrote:(Also, "Iä" translates as "I hunger" in Aklo. So pack a lunch!)
Takes the song to a whole new level, doesn't it? :twisted:
Oh, they knew. They knew all along.

Dibs on burying Ringo!

Amethyst Shadow

Post by Amethyst Shadow »

:shock:

*blink blink*

:shock:
"There is no true equity of power. There is only more and less."
Yamara

Post by Yamara »

Re Monica's quest for ghosts, it isn't mainly Shelly who's been keeping secrets from her.

Tina, Inc. seems to have been mildly stunned at M's degree of misdirection...

...and certainly Phix was amused.

("Nothing but empty tabloid crap", eh, Ms. Head Librarian?)

Nudge and Euryale also seemed to know plenty about M's nature, back at the beach. Shelly was at least giving her the opportunity to find out.

And since Bud has not been as privy to this ghostly side of Monica, Shelly is now here to guide them both.

Yamara

Post by Yamara »

Stigmartyr762 wrote:"Now she's presentable." ......and Shelly bitches about others keeping secrets!?
Re Shelly's attitude toward this.

Shelly is a sphinx, and is very good at keeping secrets.

But she is also human, which means she knows that the fun of teasing is not always meant as a passive-aggressive threat.

So while she will tease on occasion...

She also knows when not to ask.

And when to back off.

Those are the proofs that those 80K years were spent growing up.

But in her long wrestles with her bullying nature, she's always had a sense to not be cruel. (That's Conscience's job.)

Always driven to help, and not to dominate. The hallmark of the modern hero, as opposed to the ancient type.

Shelly took a lot of flak for throwing a punch at Phix. But that wasn't hypocrisy: The secrets kept from Monica are about her nature, and her self-discovery. Intruding on that, even a minute too soon, would be robbing her.

Phix's reveal of Epimetheus appeared to Shelly like an eternal love affair had been tidily arranged for her behind their backs. That her choices were irrelevant, that her heart was the subject of a trick: Something the Hellenic pantheon was rather nasty about, especially with repeatedly-bullied Epimetheus himself.

While I think Shelly's first impression will prove largely wrong, her reaction would have been justified if that impression was correct. That she was being kept in the dark to become a literal fucking pawn.

So today, Shelly isn't toying with Monica. She's standing by to assist, with loyal skeptical backup. And here M is asking for some major assistance, and about to receive it. That isn't betrayal, that's friendship.

bmonk

Post by bmonk »

zachariah wrote:The way Shelly is reacting implies this has happened before. . . .
Could it have been in one of the 56 or so iterations?
MrFireDragon

Post by MrFireDragon »

and here we are a doorway into herself.... able to go and transport herself or anything else to any dimension, universe or place in the time/space fabric perhaps?...... if this is true, then she is in fact the most dangerous creature in the universe..... of course I could be wrong, so lets see how Paul plays this one out.

Of course Shelly knows what is going on with her:
http://wapsisquare.com/comic/closed-doorway/

Also, she knows M is A Jaguar Girl, could there be other Jaguar girls around and can do this? otherwise she would be THE Jaguar Girl...
http://wapsisquare.com/comic/jaguar-girl/

Anyways, I'm enjoying the ride.... and that gratuitous boobage clenching was pretty cool :D
"Live, Laugh, Love and Keep Moving Forward." MrFireDragon
Sphinx-Napped

Post by Sphinx-Napped »

oh this wont be good.

i predict that bud will pull a nutty and blame Shelly for this by ignoring her begging for help... also

Monica get back in your body, so you can control your powers.....or else another spirit will take it for a ride.
Last edited by Sphinx-Napped on Wed Oct 03, 2012 1:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Punjar repair man, that recently up graded the pun jar to 2.0 now with self defense and and evil ai that will try to kill you, if you even try to hurt it for doing its job...
Bathorys Daughter

Post by Bathorys Daughter »

I begin to wonder if this is the setup for a future arc in which Monighost will communicate with the Lanthians who were ripped from existence when the Chimera went postal. Some of whom could provide critical information relating to current events concerning the Supernaturals.
A society should not be judged on how it treats its outstanding citizens but by how it treats its criminals... ~ Fyodor Dostoevsky.
Sphinx-Napped

Post by Sphinx-Napped »

Bathorys Daughter wrote:I begin to wonder if this is the setup for a future arc in which Monighost will communicate with the Lanthians who were ripped from existence when the Chimera went postal. Some of whom could provide critical information relating to current events concerning the Supernaturals.

we may see bud go postal if m doesn't get this fixed
Punjar repair man, that recently up graded the pun jar to 2.0 now with self defense and and evil ai that will try to kill you, if you even try to hurt it for doing its job...
Dave

Post by Dave »

Sphinx-Napped wrote:oh this wont be good.

i predict that bud will pull a nutty and blame Shelly for this by ignoring her begging for help...
The way Bud and Shelly have been talking to one another, over the past few days, leads me to think that Shelly has already alerted Bud to some extent as to what was about to happen.

Bud's somewhat-uncertain "Should we, like, check on her?" is not the reaction I would have expected from Bud, if Monica's screaming was unexpected. Something more along the lines of "What the ****?! Monica, what's wrong??" would be more along the lines of how Bud has usually reacted to surprises. Consider the way Bud reacted to Jin's clay-golem healing process, to Jin's suicide attempt, and to the recent M-freeze by Euryale, and contrast these to Bud's diffident reactions yesterday and today.

Shelly's words on Monday "You need to relax. She'll be fine" now feel, in retrospect, like the end of a briefing.
Sphinx-Napped

Post by Sphinx-Napped »

Dave wrote:
Sphinx-Napped wrote:oh this wont be good.

i predict that bud will pull a nutty and blame Shelly for this by ignoring her begging for help...
The way Bud and Shelly have been talking to one another, over the past few days, leads me to think that Shelly has already alerted Bud to some extent as to what was about to happen.

Bud's somewhat-uncertain "Should we, like, check on her?" is not the reaction I would have expected from Bud, if Monica's screaming was unexpected. Something more along the lines of "What the ****?! Monica, what's wrong??" would be more along the lines of how Bud has usually reacted to surprises. Consider the way Bud reacted to Jin's clay-golem healing process, to Jin's suicide attempt, and to the recent M-freeze by Euryale, and contrast these to Bud's diffident reactions yesterday and today.

Shelly's words on Monday "You need to relax. She'll be fine" now feel, in retrospect, like the end of a briefing.
i agree, but you also remember this is Monica that we're talking about and with her ability to teleport anyone at will and with new powers becoming active, her old powers could become stronger and could in effect screw with the older powers like say teleport in to another universe 43, if she starting to use her own door now...

i dont want to be the one to say there going to be jumping thru monica to get her back into her body and also with the chance that something could inhabit her body now when she looks to have been kicked out her own body....