Pulling Apart 2012-10-03

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
MerchManDan

Re: Pulling Apart 2012-10-03

Post by MerchManDan »

Oh boy, looks like Mon gave up the ghost. A weighty ghost, at that. ;)
"Give orange me give eat orange me eat orange give me eat orange give me you." - Nim the chimp
Animation courtesy of shadowinthelight (thanks again!)
Casey

Post by Casey »

Past strips (such as the sequence starting here) have shown that Shelly tends to enjoy herself quite a bit when she Knows Something. In this case, we're dealing with a slightly bigger Something, that slightly fewer people know about, so it would make sense that she's enjoying herself a bit more. I think it's safe to assume though, that Monica is in no danger. Shelly clearly Knows Something, and she has been demonstrated to be rather protective of Monica in the past.
Ohnhai

Post by Ohnhai »

but whats with the glove?
pcj70

Post by pcj70 »

MerchManDan - thanks for the music!
Stigmartyr762

Post by Stigmartyr762 »

"Now she's presentable." ......and Shelly bitches about others keeping secrets!?
There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.
Fairportfan

Post by Fairportfan »

Uh huh. Shelly definitely Knows Something.
Not even duct tape can fix stupid. But it can muffle the noise.
=====================
Peace through superior firepower - ain't nothin' more peaceful than a dead troublemaker.
=====================
mike weber
Fairportfan

Post by Fairportfan »

Shademaker wrote:ok, i usually have some guesses...not this time tho. Yet I am sure Paul will pull it out. Kinda like flying with a stunt pilot: ur not sure what he's doin, or why, and u know ur riding 3 manoevers behind. But you know that you will be landing safely. Sooner or later.
Usually.
=====================
Peace through superior firepower - ain't nothin' more peaceful than a dead troublemaker.
=====================
mike weber
Fairportfan

Post by Fairportfan »

Bathorys Daughter wrote:I still think Shelly is enjoying this way too much.
Well, up till now, it's been Shelly who was a step or two behind all the time.

Nice to feel "I know something YOU don't know!" for once.
=====================
=====================
mike weber
Fairportfan

Post by Fairportfan »

Casey wrote:Past strips (such as the sequence starting here) have shown that Shelly tends to enjoy herself quite a bit when she Knows Something.
Yep.

"We were bored."
=====================
=====================
mike weber
Dave11

Post by Dave11 »

MerchManDan wrote:Oh boy, looks like Mon gave up the ghost. A weighty ghost, at that. ;)
Jar. Now.

*raises eyebrow* Fascinating...
Eagerly anticipating the Pun Jar singularity event...

Forget the Plot Flour...we're into Plot Cornstarch, and the plot has gone non-newtonian...

"To the Journey!"
Jabberwonky

Post by Jabberwonky »

Okay! I knew this looked familiar!

:P
"The price of perfection is prohibitive." - Anonymous
Jay-Em

Post by Jay-Em »

:shock: :o

Tina? One latté, please... *plod, plod, plod* hello confusion corner... *plops-down, Feeling somewhat drained*

OBE's hmm?, oh dear.... For the person with the least liking of magic and other non-scientific stuff, M is réally getting it. Talk about "irony"

fire...hmmm.... Fire.. There was something about fire and re-birth... Ah! A Phoenix. Yeah, makes sense, since M díd come back from the dead. (although, as a life-long X-Men fan, "phoenix" has all sortsof unpleasant connotations for me, let's hope M is not "Maddie" ..)
but, why 42?
---------------
Against the assault of laughter nothing can stand. (S. Clemens)
Bud_Fanboi

Post by Bud_Fanboi »

So she's ghost girl... I'm now picturing Monica Guest starring with Jennifer Love Hewitt... Although I think that much cleavage in one place would cause the universe to divide by zero.
Jay-Em

Post by Jay-Em »

Stigmartyr762 wrote:"Now she's presentable." ......and Shelly bitches about others keeping secrets!?
Not only that, but remember M saying "Don't keep secrets from me, it pisses me off" ??

A "pissed off" M could seriously singe Shellinx' fur now, me thinks.
but, why 42?
---------------
jwhouk

Post by jwhouk »

Ohnhai wrote:but whats with the glove?
...you know, I just now noticed that.
"Character is what you are in the dark." - D.L. Moody
"You should never run from the voices in your head. That's how you give them power." - Jin
Jay-Em

Post by Jay-Em »

The glove ís on the hand that looked burnt on the previous page, so, there is, indéedsome significance there. Maybe that hand -on the astral projection, that is- can shoot fire when uncovered, or sumptin'?

*sigh* i guess we'll just have to be patient.
but, why 42?
---------------
TheDOCTOR
Location: Pittsburgh,Pa. via Gallifrey, in Constallation of Kastaborus

Post by TheDOCTOR »

Bathorys Daughter wrote:So THIS is what was meant by Monica being her own doorway. Big time OBE ability! Apparently she can now leave her body. Of course this has scared her to death. She may think she has died, since that's usually the normal way for the soul to leave the body. It may have happened to her before when she actually died as a child. For whatever reason this ability has manifested itself now. The essence of Monica is floating free and she's terrified. Who wouldn't be? Could be Shelly can do this too since she is a doorway as well.

I still think Shelly is enjoying this way too much.
Next strip: Monica, with a little help, "steps into Shellys' shoes" as it were and Shelly gets to be a 'Pocket Elf' (and see whatits like) for a time. Can YOU say "FREAKY FRIDAY" ?
davids4250

Post by davids4250 »

If Monica squeezes any harder, she's going to have some interesting bruises to explain to Kevin.
No trees were harmed in sending this message, however, a large number of electrons were seriously inconvenienced
Julie

Post by Julie »

Shelly wrote:Now she's presentable.
This almost makes my post yesterday about Shelly giving Monica a chance to get a hold of herself on point...though Monica doesn't seem to have that good of a hold on herself at the moment... :?
jwhouk wrote:
Ohnhai wrote:but whats with the glove?
...you know, I just now noticed that.
I don't think it's a glove. I think Monica-Spirit's arm is bent at the elbow, so most of the forearm is not visible from this angle. What you're seeing is her wrist with her hand bent down at that joint...giving the illusion of a glove. At least that's what it looked like to me. :)

Now that I've addressed the part I understand...
ShadOBabe wrote:*parks butt in a bean-bag chair in Confusion Corner*
Amateur...I've got a sleeping bag in one of the couches, a mini-fridge, a hot-plate, and a microwave (for the popcorn). I practically live here now. :P
"Just open your eyes
And see that life is beautiful."
Fairportfan

Post by Fairportfan »

Jay-Em wrote:The glove ís on the hand that looked burnt on the previous page, so, there is, indéedsome significance there.
I don't think that's a glove; i think it's actually Monica's wrist and foreshortened forearm looking like the cuff of a glove.

(You know, if you type "writs" but meant "wrist", spellcheck won't help you a bit.)
=====================
=====================
mike weber