Not Stupid 2016-12-06

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
Opus the Poet

Not Stupid 2016-12-06

Post by Opus the Poet »

linky http://wapsisquare.com/comic/not-stupid/

Atsali may be not-stupid about academic things, but her interpersonal skills are somewhat impoverished.
I ride my bike to ride my bike, and sometimes it takes me where I need to go.
DilyV

Re: Not Stupid 2016-12-06

Post by DilyV »

I wonder what the paranormal equivalent of the "birds and the bees" talk is...

Kath looks happy... or maybe relieved the kids haven't twigged on how unwound she is after her vacation... and why that is. Question is... Castela smelled the change in Atsali... I wonder if she can pick up anything from Kath?
You know that light at the end of the tunnel?

Yeah... it's a bullet. Sorry.
oldmanmickey

Post by oldmanmickey »

I expect that she more than picked up any scents but is wise enough not to mention it. Just when i was hoping that with age would come experience and a better grasp on interpersonal relationships Sali whips out a new cluex4 proof hairdo.
Dear, don’t bore him with trivia or burden him with your past mistakes. The happiest way to deal with a man is never to tell him anything he does not need to know. L. Long
AnotherFairportfan

Post by AnotherFairportfan »

...and she seemed to be doing so much better...
Proof Positive the world is not flat: If it were, cats would have pushed everything off the edge by now.
Akasha

Post by Akasha »

Dorkus Maximus indeed ... oh girl, how can anyone be SO oblivious about things ? It should be possible just by watching any kind of romantic comedy, to gather some minimal knowledge about interpersonal communication :)
lake_wrangler

Post by lake_wrangler »

Opus the Poet wrote:linky http://wapsisquare.com/comic/not-stupid/

Atsali may be not-stupid about academic things, but her interpersonal skills are somewhat impoverished.
In other news, the ocean is somewhat wet...
lake_wrangler

Post by lake_wrangler »

Akasha wrote:Dorkus Maximus indeed ... oh girl, how can anyone be SO oblivious about things ? It should be possible just by watching any kind of romantic comedy, to gather some minimal knowledge about interpersonal communication :)
Given what passes off as romantic comedies nowadays, she may well be better off doing without... :roll:
AmriloJim
Location: 35ºN 101ºW (for the GPS-challenged, that's Amarillo TX)

Post by AmriloJim »

The only thing more oblivious than 'Sali is a pedestrian in a Walmart parking lot.
FreeFlier

Post by FreeFlier »

AmriloJim wrote:The only thing more oblivious than 'Sali is a pedestrian in a Walmart parking lot.
Seattle drivers are worse.

--FreeFlier
TazManiac

Post by TazManiac »

- I'm thinking Catela was too distracted by recent events to delve into "and what where You up to while you where away, Mooooom?" type questions.

- Atsali is trusting enough of Nadette to not examine her motives; Forest for the Trees, indeed.
It's almost like everybody else has at least a bit of X-Ray Vision and Atsali only can see the outer surface of things...
Dave

Post by Dave »

TazManiac wrote:It's almost like everybody else has at least a bit of X-Ray Vision and Atsali only can see the outer surface of things...
It feels as if it's consistent with her inability to read facial expressions or body language - and in fact these all may be aspects of the same thing. Atsali seems to have an overall "blindness" to other peoples' emotional states (and hence their motivations).

It's an odd disconnect... odd in that she has a very good, *rational* "theory of mind". She's not cold or sociopathic, she cares about how other people are feeling... she just has difficulty making the connection.
GlytchMeister

Post by GlytchMeister »

The difference is she has emotions. She experiences real emotions and feelings, but once she tries to comprehend those same things in anyone other than herself, she's completely befuddled.
He's mister GlytchMeister, he's mister code
He's mister exploiter, he's mister ones and zeros
They call me GlytchMeister, whatever I touch
Starts to glitch in my clutch!
I'm too much!
Catawampus

Post by Catawampus »

DilyV wrote:I wonder what the paranormal equivalent of the "birds and the bees" talk is...
Atsali told Euryale that she's already had that talk. I suppose that being told and experiencing the preludes in person are two different things.

And would birds and bees be considered improper euphemisms for talking to Castela about such matters?
TazManiac

Post by TazManiac »

'Carpels and Stamens'.

I'm hoping the Tumbelweed will have some natural avoidance/protection to/against stray Wind & Water born Pollen in the future.
It's a ways off, but I'm pretty sure she's all ready picked up on 'the basics'- besides;
her peer-group is cross-species/genus, so I'd think they'd all have intermingled their collective know-it-all by now...

I'm hoping Castela's character will have conscious control over actual reproduction, even if the effects of Spring and the 'drive to get pollinated' might be beyond tamping down.
Gyrrakavian

Post by Gyrrakavian »

Opus the Poet wrote:linky http://wapsisquare.com/comic/not-stupid/

The multiple intelligences theory:
Interpersonal
Intrapersonal ("know thy self")
Visual-Spacial
Musical-Rhythmic
Bodily-Kinesthetic
verbal-linguistic
logical-mathematical
Naturalistic

With existential and moral intelligences also being suggested.
"Occam's razor is a fine thing, but the universe is a Rube-Goldberg machine."