The Day They Met 2016-12-02 December

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
FreeFlier

The Day They Met 2016-12-02 December

Post by FreeFlier »

Hmmm . . .didn't know Bud could breathe water.

OTOH, there's nothing that says she can't, either . . .

Gripping hand, maybe it's more that she can't drown . . . per-haps because she doesn't actually need air anymore than she needs food?

Stinky doesn't look like either a squid or an octopus, either . . . seven tentacles showing, all fully suckered, more rounded head/body than a squid, more streamlined than an octopus, plus that fringe-fin, which might be more typical of a species of gigantic cuttlefish with extra-long arms?
. . . Hmmm.

Stinky exhibits the slit pupils more characteristic of the nautiloids - though still not right - but he doesn't have a shell . . . squid and octopodes typically have round pupils, while cuttlefish have W-shaped pupils . . .

Perhaps kraken are the fourth taxa in the Coleoidea?

. . .

is there a teuthologist in the house?

--FreeFlier
Last edited by FreeFlier on Thu Dec 01, 2016 11:03 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Sgt. Howard

Re: The Day They Met 2016-12-02 December

Post by Sgt. Howard »

FreeFlier wrote:Hmmm . . .didn't know Bud could breathe water.

OTOH, there's nothing that says she can't, either . . .

Gripping hand, maybe it's more that she can't drown . . . per-haps because she doesn't actually need air anymore than food?

Stinky doesn't look like either a squid or an octopus, either . . . seven tentacles showing, all fully suckered, more rounded head/body than a squid, more streamlined than an octopus, plus that fringe-fin . . . Hmmm.

Perhaps kraken are the fourth taxa in the Coleoidea? Or are they a species of gigantic cuttlefish with extra-long arms?

But Stinky exhibits the slit pupils

-in work, please stand by-

Technically she doesn't need to breath
Rule 17 of the Bombay Golf Course- "You shall play the ball where the monkey drops it,"
I speak fluent Limrick-
the Old Sgt.
Grantcmccormick

Post by Grantcmccormick »

I wonder if this scene is from her Lanthan days,or from her Mesoamerican sojourn. It would have to be a time when Brandilyn was around, presumably offstage but nearby. And Jin either was elsewhere or didn't care.
Dave

Post by Dave »

FreeFlier wrote:Stinky doesn't look like either a squid or an octopus, either . . . seven tentacles showing, all fully suckered, more rounded head/body than a squid, more streamlined than an octopus, plus that fringe-fin, which might be more typical of a species of gigantic cuttlefish with extra-long arms?
. . . Hmmm.
Stinky seems to be fairly close to what a giant bobtail squid might be like.
FreeFlier

Post by FreeFlier »

Dave wrote:
FreeFlier wrote:Stinky doesn't look like either a squid or an octopus, either . . . seven tentacles showing, all fully suckered, more rounded head/body than a squid, more streamlined than an octopus, plus that fringe-fin, which might be more typical of a species of gigantic cuttlefish with extra-long arms?
. . . Hmmm.
Stinky seems to be fairly close to what a giant bobtail squid might be like.
Could be . . . 100 times larger . . .

--FreeFlier
AnotherFairportfan

Post by AnotherFairportfan »

Grantcmccormick wrote:I wonder if this scene is from her Lanthan days,or from her Mesoamerican sojourn. It would have to be a time when Brandilyn was around, presumably offstage but nearby. And Jin either was elsewhere or didn't care.
Whichever. It demonstrates the old truism that, if you wait long enough, anything will come back into style...
Proof Positive the world is not flat: If it were, cats would have pushed everything off the edge by now.
DilyV

Post by DilyV »

I didn't know squids or Octopi could manage "puppydog eyes" but he's nailed it. That look has that "I don't have any friends, love me" look.

I suppose Stinky has gotten used to Bud and Brandi disappearing for long periods and is ecstatic when they finally pop onto the island.
You know that light at the end of the tunnel?

Yeah... it's a bullet. Sorry.
FreeFlier

Post by FreeFlier »

DilyV wrote:I didn't know squids or Octopi could manage "puppydog eyes" but he's nailed it. That look has that "I don't have any friends, love me" look.
I wonder where he wants her to scratch?

He doesn't have external ears, so she can't scratch behind his ears . . .

--FreeFlier
Dave

Post by Dave »

Itchy chromatophores?