Kath and Bryn 2016-11-23

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
GlytchMeister

Kath and Bryn 2016-11-23

Post by GlytchMeister »

http://wapsisquare.com/comic/kath-and-bryn/

Well, I guess that's solid proof there.
He's mister GlytchMeister, he's mister code
He's mister exploiter, he's mister ones and zeros
They call me GlytchMeister, whatever I touch
Starts to glitch in my clutch!
I'm too much!
TheCollector

Re: Kath and Bryn 2016-11-23

Post by TheCollector »

Welp, there's your confirmation everybody. :D

And she has a name! I really hope this means we'll be seeing more of her.
oldmanmickey

Post by oldmanmickey »

good to see them both enjoying each other.
Dear, don’t bore him with trivia or burden him with your past mistakes. The happiest way to deal with a man is never to tell him anything he does not need to know. L. Long
Opus the Poet

Post by Opus the Poet »

So she can be demonstrably supportive of her daughter and daughter's girlfriend. :ugeek:

And could anyone imagine that these two comics are the same character? http://wapsisquare.com/comic/02072005/
Last edited by Opus the Poet on Wed Nov 23, 2016 1:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
I ride my bike to ride my bike, and sometimes it takes me where I need to go.
GlytchMeister

Post by GlytchMeister »

'Course... This means we fanfic writers are gonna have to get mighty clever and/or creative if we want to remain canon-compliant...
I'm too much!
AnotherFairportfan

Post by AnotherFairportfan »

GlytchMeister wrote:'Course... This means we fanfic writers are gonna have to get mighty clever and/or creative if we want to remain canon-compliant...
I have not been reading the fanfic, but it seems that Katherine could be an equal-opportunity hottie...
Proof Positive the world is not flat: If it were, cats would have pushed everything off the edge by now.
FreeFlier

Post by FreeFlier »

I wonder where Bryn is from . . .

And does she have kids . . . maybe named Randi and Jacob? :twisted:

--FreeFlier
GlytchMeister

Post by GlytchMeister »

AnotherFairportfan wrote:
GlytchMeister wrote:'Course... This means we fanfic writers are gonna have to get mighty clever and/or creative if we want to remain canon-compliant...
I have not been reading the fanfic, but it seems that Katherine could be an equal-opportunity hottie...
That's pretty much the solution I proposed. Haven't heard back from any of the others so far.
I'm too much!
Akeche

Post by Akeche »

FreeFlier wrote:I wonder where Bryn is from . . .

--FreeFlier

Oh now.

This is probably gonna be how things link together!
Dave

Post by Dave »

It would certainly be worth the effort, though. I'd hate to see all your excellent collective writing blown to hell by an inconvenient fact... strapped across the muzzle of a canon, as it were.

(although I'm sure you wish it were not)
illiad

Post by illiad »

Opus the Poet wrote:So she can be demonstrably supportive of her daughter and daughter's girlfriend. :ugeek:

And could anyone imagine that these two comics are the same character? http://wapsisquare.com/comic/02072005/
well, do you recognize this pair??? :D
http://wapsisquare.com/comic/11252002/
Sgt. Howard

Post by Sgt. Howard »

Dave wrote:
It would certainly be worth the effort, though. I'd hate to see all your excellent collective writing blown to hell by an inconvenient fact... strapped across the muzzle of a canon, as it were.

(although I'm sure you wish it were not)

Blargh!!! Oh well, it had to happen sooner or later- I have already hijacked Paul's creations into non-canon circumstances, eventually he would do something to blow it out of the water unless he wanted to follow my storyline... or that of several other authors. It was simply unavoidable. I have two of his Ladies married off to two of my characters and I went ahead and hitched Jin and Alan (and even have Jin delivering a baby girl). I have pushed Bud and Kevin's relationship further than Paul has it... and in all fairness, these are Paul's creations that I am playing with...
Rule 17 of the Bombay Golf Course- "You shall play the ball where the monkey drops it,"
I speak fluent Limrick-
the Old Sgt.
Sgt. Howard

Post by Sgt. Howard »

illiad wrote:
Opus the Poet wrote:So she can be demonstrably supportive of her daughter and daughter's girlfriend. :ugeek:

well, do you recognize this pair??? :D
http://wapsisquare.com/comic/11252002/
Let's go ALL THE WAY BACK...
http://wapsisquare.com/comic/09092001/
Rule 17 of the Bombay Golf Course- "You shall play the ball where the monkey drops it,"
I speak fluent Limrick-
the Old Sgt.
DilyV

Post by DilyV »

Judging from yesterday's strip (no pun intended) then today's confirmation, it would appear that this was a planned trip... not a happenchance serendipitous meeting... Question is... how was Kath able to hide this side of her self from everyone? Especially her kids!!!
You know that light at the end of the tunnel?

Yeah... it's a bullet. Sorry.
AnotherFairportfan

Post by AnotherFairportfan »

FreeFlier wrote:I wonder where Bryn is from . . .

--FreeFlier
Randi and Jacob are Satyrs; not the same as fauns.
Proof Positive the world is not flat: If it were, cats would have pushed everything off the edge by now.
TheCollector

Post by TheCollector »

It upped the amount of money I planned to spend this month by a small margin, but I bought this piece! Now I have one of the earlier Atsali/Nadette art pieces, and the first Kath/Byrn art piece. Hopefully there are many more images of Kath and Byrn coming down the line.
Not for buying, just for looking. :3
TheCollector

Post by TheCollector »

Oh hey I just realized! Before Kath left she was saying how she'd finally been talked into taking some of her vacation days.

Guess we know who talked her into it now huh? :3
Sgt. Howard

Post by Sgt. Howard »

BAH! How could I forget? I also did a wedding with Justin and Shelly that turned into a nightmare...
I speak fluent Limrick-
the Old Sgt.
ShneekeyTheLost

Post by ShneekeyTheLost »

Seems more like a 'what happened in vegas stays in vegas' kind of fling to me, rather than any kind of permanent relationship. Nice to see her blowing off steam.

Honestly, going from 'really creepy and antisocial nerd whose high point is having a good butt day and finding a new spider to add to her collection' to 'ex-air force special forces badass that makes Laura Croft look like a crumpet-eating social flower' in a dozen strips was a FAR more drastic shift of character than this.
TheCollector

Post by TheCollector »

ShneekeyTheLost wrote:Seems more like a 'what happened in vegas stays in vegas' kind of fling to me, rather than any kind of permanent relationship. Nice to see her blowing off steam.

Honestly, going from 'really creepy and antisocial nerd whose high point is having a good butt day and finding a new spider to add to her collection' to 'ex-air force special forces badass that makes Laura Croft look like a crumpet-eating social flower' in a dozen strips was a FAR more drastic shift of character than this.
I dunno, I mean Paul gave her a name. Don't know why if she wasn't gonna be appearing more often.