What Have I Said 2016-11-02

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
AnotherFairportfan

What Have I Said 2016-11-02

Post by AnotherFairportfan »

Proof Positive the world is not flat: If it were, cats would have pushed everything off the edge by now.
ChattaStarhawk

Re: What Have I Said 2016-11-02

Post by ChattaStarhawk »

AnotherFairportfan wrote:Uh oh
You just said a mouthful.
AnotherFairportfan

Hmmm. I was wrong - i thought Atsali's mom didn't have Very Large Mammaries - it's just she's a bit more physically mature, i guess.

========================

Also, what Castela is going to see, i suspect, is going to be ... a shock.
Proof Positive the world is not flat: If it were, cats would have pushed everything off the edge by now.
TheCollector

Post by TheCollector »

Just a shot in the dark, but me thinks Castela didn't know she's been with Atsali for so long. Especially not as a potted plant in her family room.
Atomic

Post by Atomic »

TheCollector wrote:Just a shot in the dark, but me thinks Castela didn't know she's been with Atsali for so long. Especially not as a potted plant in her family room.
Who remembers being hatched?
Don't let other peoples limitations become your constraints!

My Deviant Art scribbles
The Atomic Guide to Basic GIMP Stuff
AnotherFairportfan

If, as has been suggested, Atsali's parents were important members of the team that was working on weaponising the blackthorn, and left, taking proto-Castela with them ... that basically makes Atsali and Castela siblings even before the adoption.
AnotherFairportfan

"I am Castela!"
Sgt. Howard

Post by Sgt. Howard »

Castela in frame 3- Foley in 'gears crunching into mesh'. She will soon realize who she is looking at and who she had just been talking to... and the significance of the potted plant.
Rule 17 of the Bombay Golf Course- "You shall play the ball where the monkey drops it,"
I speak fluent Limrick-
the Old Sgt.
lake_wrangler

Post by lake_wrangler »

Surprised Castela looks surprised...

Well, this leaves no doubt as to the identity of the potted plant, for those who weren't sure yesterday.
Dave

Post by Dave »

Sgt. Howard wrote:Castela in frame 3- Foley in 'gears crunching into mesh'. She will soon realize who she is looking at and who she had just been talking to... and the significance of the potted plant.
At which point, Foley cue "truck hitting its air brakes, hard, on wet pavement."
AnotherFairportfan wrote:If, as has been suggested, Atsali's parents were important members of the team that was working on weaponising the blackthorn, and left, taking proto-Castela with them ... that basically makes Atsali and Castela siblings even before the adoption.
Atsali may have spoken more truly than she knew.
oldmanmickey

Post by oldmanmickey »

Yea she may not know it all but she is gonna have a massive input of information.
Dear, don’t bore him with trivia or burden him with your past mistakes. The happiest way to deal with a man is never to tell him anything he does not need to know. L. Long
AnotherFairportfan

Dave wrote: Atsali may have spoken more truly than she knew.
Than she knew ... on what level?
DilyV

Post by DilyV »

Oh God...

The library is giving her the short and violent version... Not even much build up...

My heart is already breaking for poor Pickle for what she's about to go through...
You know that light at the end of the tunnel?

Yeah... it's a bullet. Sorry.
eee

Post by eee »

Oh no, we're starting at THAT moment! Castela's going to come out of this emotionally devastated.
illiad

Post by illiad »

well, when she comes out with a 'TILT' face, the only thing to be said is " well, she wanted the TRUTH... " :o :o :roll:
FreeFlier

Post by FreeFlier »

DilyV wrote:Oh God...

The library is giving her the short and violent version... Not even much build up...

My heart is already breaking for poor Pickle for what she's about to go through...
"Stay away from the windows" pretty well establishes what's next . . .

And why Atsali and Castela were together in the orphanage.

Also why they were fighting like sisters.

I wonder if Castela doesn't remember this because of the trauma . . .

--FreeFlier
Armorlord

Post by Armorlord »

AnotherFairportfan wrote:
Dave wrote: Atsali may have spoken more truly than she knew.
Than she knew ... on what level?
I'd just like to point to the one right before that: The little plant likes brownies.
"Talking to you is sort of the conversational equivalent of an out-of-body experience." -Susie (Calvin and Hobbes)
TazManiac

Post by TazManiac »

AnotherFairportfan wrote:Uh oh
He said Uh oh, but I'm calling Ruh Roh cause it's going to need to be taken up a notch...

FreeFlier wrote:
DilyV wrote:Oh God...

"Stay away from the windows" pretty well establishes what's next . . .
Also why Atsali and Castela were together in the orphanage.

Also why they were fighting like sisters.

And I wonder if Castela doesn't remember this because of the trauma . . .

--FreeFlier
I'm going out on a limb to branch out a differing theory. Its just a sprout of an idea, but I think I've germinated a premonition, based on the fertile ground of what’s come before;

I think Castela, still in pre-anthropomorphic stage, could strike out, at least in defence, using her thorny bits and branches.

She might even have saved young Atsali's life...
ChattaStarhawk

Post by ChattaStarhawk »

I'm wondering just how aware she was back then... if she was even thinking at that time.
DilyV

Post by DilyV »

Taz said:
I'm going out on a limb to branch out a differing theory. Its just a sprout of an idea, but I think I've germinated a premonition, based on the fertile ground of what’s come before;

I think Castela, still in pre-anthropomorphic stage, could strike out, at least in defence, using her thorny bits and branches.

She might even have saved young Atsali's life...
TazManiac Posts: 1803Joined: Fri Nov 29, 2013 6:53 pm

Fair point, especially since we didn't see the whole sequence of events... However, Atsali was told to go into the safe room and push the "WED BUDDON!" I'm assuming that it's the family room where Castela was kept (Lu told her she wasn't supposed to take Castela out of the family room), so it appears the family room is what doubles as a "not-so-safe" room. True, the assault team may not have gotten into the safe room through the door, but bullets sure as shit made it through the walls. I attribute that to the DU rounds Cassie said they used... though I seriously doubt a sub machinegun could generate the muzzle velocity required to give a DU round that much punch through a wall five to say, twelve feet away. Through a body, yes... through a steel reinforced door/walls of a safe room? Not so much, unless of course only the door was reinforced and not the walls, but given the precautions they were obviously taking and the importance of their mission, why skimp? It's not only the depleted uranium that gives the DU round it's ability to cut through armor like a knife through butter, its a combination of muzzle velocity, inertia, and the round being much denser than the armor it is trying to defeat. Keep in mind too that a DU projectile would be much heavier than a similar round made of jacketed lead. Thus, it would require a much larger propelling charge (more powder/more powerful powder) to propel the DU projectile at the same trajectory/velocity as a lighter, jacketed round. (Spent more than a bit of time in the military and part of that as an Armorer... so weapon capability is something I'm familiar with)

The only possible way I could see to achieve those velocities for a DU round out of a sub gun is rail gun technology, but I doubt that because have you seen the SIZE of workable rail guns? Not a technology you could fit into a submachine gun.

As far as Castela lashing out, if the assault team didn't make it into the safe room where Castela and Atsali were, then Castela wouldn't have been able to or had reason to lash out. Indeed, at this point, she is still a potted plant and may not have achieved the ability to attain human form yet... or human consciousness for that matter.

There is lots in this sequence we haven't seen yet... but I get the feeling we're about to...
You know that light at the end of the tunnel?

Yeah... it's a bullet. Sorry.